User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-13-2007, 09:29 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarah View Post
When was it established that the additional equipment was for volume?
It wasn't but the conversation has come to that Grozier system conclusion on its own. It's much easier than actually basing it on available facts.

Still, if not having a couple extra devices, which I imagine were not necessary for a successful performance, makes him pout that much, it's spoiled city. Population - at least one.
Old 04-13-2007, 09:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Nicki View Post
It wasn't but the conversation has come to that Grozier system conclusion on its own. It's much easier than actually basing it on available facts.

Still, if not having a couple extra devices, which I imagine were not necessary for a successful performance, makes him pout that much, it's spoiled city. Population - at least one.

Well, I mean, it just depends. If he needs his amps and processors to achieve the sounds he's using, I can understand him feeling like he can't put on his show. Especially this show, which is very heavy on effects and overall ambiance.

I just can't believe they wouldn't let him use his equipment. That seems totally out of line to me. Maybe if he was a single guitarist using a single guitar and a single microphone. But the console he's been using is massive.. that leads me to believe he's running a lot of stuff. As a musician, I can't say I blame him for not wanting to sound totally naked.
Old 04-13-2007, 09:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

there's nothing worse for a singer/guitar player then having a bad sound system. lindsey made the right decision. professional musicians don't charge money for tickets and then perform with a ****ty sound system. unless they're assholes and don't care about their fans. he'll come back and play at a place that deserves to have him.
Old 04-13-2007, 09:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little Nicki View Post
it's spoiled city. Population - at least one.
up all night for that one, eh?
Old 04-13-2007, 09:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Dark in my flaming staircase, being totally unfamiliar with the artist or her music

Dear Lindsey:

Adjust.

Thank you.
Old 04-13-2007, 10:58 AM
Ledgie

I wanted to share a message that I posted on the Journal Star's blog page today. The message that the Event Director of the Rococo posted on the front page annoyed me for reasons that had little to do with Lindsey, and more to do with her lack of business sense:

While I definitely fault Buckingham for cancelling at the last minute when he certainly could have modified the show, I also found the message posted on the Rococo's website inappropriate and unprofessional coming from the event director of what is supposed to be a major venue. By posting on the front page of the public website the perhaps not-so-nice expletives that LB uttered in frustration, she could alienate other musicians who planned to perform at the Rococo: would you really want to perform at a venue where the person in charge has no qualms about posting your outbursts to the staff on the front page of the venue's website? Again, not that Buckingham wasn't wrong -- many fans drove for hours to see him -- but I find that event director's unprofessional comments show a definite lack of common business sense on her part.
Old 04-13-2007, 11:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Wink

My email was sent to Pam Gregorios:
Old 04-13-2007, 11:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

poor lindsey something wasn't spot on. defend him endlessly online til we've forgotten that we were meant to pick our own children up from school and are reported for neglect. but we'll never neglect lindsey. \

something wasn't spot on, others have performed there since (I think) so it can't have been that bad, yet the whole thing is cancelled at the last second. that crap about him wanting to give the audience the very best is a load of bull****. not every show is the best one ever and you would much rather get one with a less than perfect sound than none at all. as i said before, if the beatles could tour at the height of beatlemania without 1/4 of the reason the world was going nuts for them then lindsey "who on earth is that" buckingham could do one gig that wasn't his absolute best.

love the man's music but he's no saint and no matter how much you wanna have his babies and kiss his feet, that was just a bad move
Old 04-13-2007, 11:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking

Old 04-13-2007, 11:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm thinking that maybe if you don't like Lindsey you should just like, uh, go away and not bother with trying to convince the rest of us that he's a spoiled little brat.
hang on you really have it arse-about here.

if a band cancels and you are happy about it and saying its a good idea i would think that means you dont care about the band and arent a fan. if a band cancels and you are annoyed or not happy with the artists decision that would mean you were wanting to see the show and are a fan. your saying that iI'm thinking that maybe if you don't like Lindsey you should just like, uh, go away and not bother with trying to convince the rest of us...... I'm thinking maybe it means they love lindsey

you doesn't make any sense at all! if christine mcvie were going to play here then canceled I'd be one of the ones saying whatever she wanted to cancel she can do what she wants cause I'm not a fan and don't care. if lindsey did that I'd be upset and annoyed with him and what went down cause I'm a fan.

you got it totally the wrong way around and shouldn't tell people they can't be annoyed if they want to be true fans.
Old 04-13-2007, 11:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

i see that you've written something, i just don't care to try to decipher it.
Old 04-13-2007, 12:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsey's absolutely 100% correct and right for what he done. Why settle for a second rate performance due to things that were beyond his control and then be the person who gets the blame afterwards for a crap sounding show.

Roy Keane (16) went to the world cup with the Irish football team, they were't provided with a proper training ground, the right equipment wasnt available and what did he do.....he got up and left.

Now on this side of the water he hs a much much bigger icon than Lindsey ever was or will be. And his fame will never be forgotten.

He never settled for second best, the powers above just wanted ireland to compete, a 1 - 0 loss against Italy or Argentina is a good result for Ireland. Is it ?????? BULL*HIT.

Was he critised for leaving the team and all his fans behind ? Of course he was !!!

Was he right to do it.? Damn Sure he was !!!

These kind of people are successful superstars because their mentality and abition is never to settle for second best and never accept something that "will just do".

So for you people sitting down complaining about how wrong what Lindsey has done. Tell us this, what have you ever done ?

Last edited by Madness Fades; 04-13-2007 at 12:07 PM..
Old 04-13-2007, 12:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontlookdown View Post
there's nothing worse for a singer/guitar player then having a bad sound system. lindsey made the right decision. professional musicians don't charge money for tickets and then perform with a ****ty sound system. unless they're assholes and don't care about their fans. he'll come back and play at a place that deserves to have him.

The only thing about that is it looks as if many other bands and artists have performed there, seemingly without incident. Wouldn't you think if the sound system was that bad it would be common knowledge among musicians? I think he should have played. Whats acceptable to him as far as sound goes I'm sure is a standard much higher than 90% of the people that would have been attending. Now, the fact that he may have had an attitude that affected his performance because of what he perceived was inferior sound is a different story.
Old 04-13-2007, 12:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well, I mean, it just depends. If he needs his amps and processors to achieve the sounds he's using, I can understand him feeling like he can't put on his show. Especially this show, which is very heavy on effects and overall ambiance.
Not saying he was right or wrong, and I don't know the first thing about sound systems, but doesn't anybody find it ironic that a show to support a so-called "stripped down" album is so heavily-reliant on effects? Just saying. And ambiance, IMO, is totally separate from special effects. IMO, the suggestion below would create much more "ambiance" than special effects dependant on a more robust sound system:

Quote:
Imagine an entire show of Lindsey unplugged? It could have been fabulous. It would have taken a lot of flexibility and creativity, and grace, on Lindsey's part to be able to accept that things weren't as planned and move from there. The man's got a voice, and mad guitar skills...He could have pulled something out with much less equipment than the venue had to offer--even with nothing but himself and his acoustic guitar. Imagine
how special it would have been to witness something so spontaneous. A once in a lifetime experience.
I would kill to see Lindsey perform such a show!

Of course, I don't think anyone would accuse either of the fronting musicians of FM of being very spontaneous these days.

I respect Lindsey for wanting to give a first-rate performance, but it really sucks for fans who had tickets, especially those who travelled a long distance to see him. I hope he makes good on rescheduling at a different venue, and does so quickly.

made by dissention
Old 04-13-2007, 12:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wow they has some heavy-hitters playing at the Rocaca
April 13
DREAM FOUNDATION PRESENTS: A NIGHT OF BIG DREAMS
DREAM FOUNDATION FUNDRAISER
April 15
OLD CROW MEDICINE SHOW
CONCERT

"In addition, at most concert venues, artists bring on site equipment needed for the anticipated artistic expression . This may include a wide range of specialized microphones, mixers, amplifiers and loudspeaker systems. But in order to apply automatic sound level control, all the artist's audio signal must be intercepted for control. This will be impractical until there is an industry standard for making this interception readily possible." http://www.grozier.com/Rococo.shtml

I hope very soon Lindsey finds the right Lincoln venue soon and those who wish to attend have an opportunity to do so.