User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-09-2012, 08:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
Does anyone have any experience with the pre-sales vs. general sales for shows @ Phillips Arena?

The AMEX one is tomorrow, but being that I don't have any other than a Visa I won't be taking advantage of that. So hoping that I don't miss out on anything great.
I think it's always hard to get good seats. I overpaid the last tour for 2 FM shows which I bought from brokers because there were no decent seats coming up for me on TM. But I'm hoping to be able to see the avail tix & choose this time like I did with LB's show.
Old 12-09-2012, 09:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
I think it's always hard to get good seats. I overpaid the last tour for 2 FM shows which I bought from brokers because there were no decent seats coming up for me on TM. But I'm hoping to be able to see the avail tix & choose this time like I did with LB's show.
Yeah, I really like that feature! It was especially nice for LB's tour because, while arenas are generally the same layout, theaters vary quite a bit. When I got tickets for Stevie/Rod this summer I was able to choose seats like that as well. I wish all concert venues would do that, or maybe it's up to TM? Who knows...

Last edited by KindOfWoman90; 12-09-2012 at 09:12 PM..
Old 12-10-2012, 01:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KindOfWoman90 View Post
Yeah, I really like that feature! It was especially nice for LB's tour because, while arenas are generally the same layout, theaters vary quite a bit. When I got tickets for Stevie/Rod this summer I was able to choose seats like that as well. I wish all concert venues would do that, or maybe it's up to TM? Who knows...
Crossing my fingers for good presale options as well! I was able to get insane tickets to Stevie's first IYD leg in Chicago with the regular sale. However, hoping Chicago floor options are available tomorrow...I have a time conflict at the very start of general sale on the 17th. It gets me anxious thinking about this haha..I just want good floor seats! Is that TOO much to ask?!

We should all get automatic floor seat selection for being members of this board..haha I mean we ARE dedicated and knowledgeable fans..
Old 12-10-2012, 01:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by britt0308 View Post
Crossing my fingers for good presale options as well! I was able to get insane tickets to Stevie's first IYD leg in Chicago with the regular sale. However, hoping Chicago floor options are available tomorrow...I have a time conflict at the very start of general sale on the 17th. It gets me anxious thinking about this haha..I just want good floor seats! Is that TOO much to ask?!

We should all get automatic floor seat selection for being members of this board..haha I mean we ARE dedicated and knowledgeable fans..
Which begs the question as to why in the hell Fleetwood Mac doesn't have a fan club with its own presale and good seats!
Old 12-10-2012, 01:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by APerfectLie View Post
Which begs the question as to why in the hell Fleetwood Mac doesn't have a fan club with its own presale and good seats!
THIS. I hear ya!
Old 12-10-2012, 03:16 AM
Junior Ledgie

don't know where to place this exactly...i'm really shocked there won't be a new album for the tour. another re-release of rumours, how many more times???? wasn't it for the live material i'd swear to never buy it. are you afraid of recording another album? what's the matter mac babies???
Old 12-10-2012, 04:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by queenchristine View Post
don't know where to place this exactly...i'm really shocked there won't be a new album for the tour. another re-release of rumours, how many more times???? wasn't it for the live material i'd swear to never buy it. are you afraid of recording another album? what's the matter mac babies???
I"m shocked that this is for rumors, too. I would rather them just promote Buckingham/Nicks album.
Old 12-10-2012, 04:44 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by APerfectLie View Post
I have to agree with you on this one. I'm a member of the Peter Gabriel mailing list. There was a pre-sale for mailing list members which I took advantage of a couple of weeks ago to get a front row seat for next year's Manchester show at face value. It's free to join and you get regular emails and monthly videos to watch.
Old 12-10-2012, 04:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Lee View Post
I have to agree with you on this one. I'm a member of the Peter Gabriel mailing list. There was a pre-sale for mailing list members which I took advantage of a couple of weeks ago to get a front row seat for next year's Manchester show at face value. It's free to join and you get regular emails and monthly videos to watch.
Wow, that is great! They really should do this... Especially the free membership bit, because I know some fan clubs charge. I think it's $50/year for The Who.
Old 12-10-2012, 05:46 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KindOfWoman90 View Post
Wow, that is great! They really should do this... Especially the free membership bit, because I know some fan clubs charge. I think it's $50/year for The Who.
Here's the news article from Peter Gabriel's website where the fan pre-sale for the UK was announced:

http://petergabriel.com/media/articl...mes-to-europe/
Old 12-10-2012, 10:22 AM
Senior Ledgie

I have to vent a bit, but I don't understand why FM doesn't do something like the aforementioned Peter Gabriel fan club. I kinda feel like they don't care about their fans when the first round of pre-sales are only for AmEX cardholders and they withhold tickets for the likes of stubhub. I logged on at 10AM with my AmEx and still couldn't get (what I consider) decent seats. Apparently you have to be a really fancy AmEx holder to get even better seats!
Old 12-10-2012, 10:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sushud82 View Post
I have to vent a bit, but I don't understand why FM doesn't do something like the aforementioned Peter Gabriel fan club. I kinda feel like they don't care about their fans when the first round of pre-sales are only for AmEX cardholders and they withhold tickets for the likes of stubhub. I logged on at 10AM with my AmEx and still couldn't get (what I consider) decent seats. Apparently you have to be a really fancy AmEx holder to get even better seats!
I'm sorry that you weren't able to get something good :/

Maybe with the other "pre-sales" on the 14th and then the general sale they will open up some better tickets.

I don't even have an AmEx card, but I tried to see what I could pull up anyway, and it wasn't anything that I would have gotten either, I don't think.
Old 12-10-2012, 11:37 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I just got my tickets for Houston using the AmEx presale.

I pulled up front left floor row 22 and then lower level quite a ways back from the stage.

Might be worth it to wait for the really great seats, but I just can't stomach the thought of broker prices...
Old 12-10-2012, 11:40 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
I'm sorry that you weren't able to get something good :/

Maybe with the other "pre-sales" on the 14th and then the general sale they will open up some better tickets.

I don't even have an AmEx card, but I tried to see what I could pull up anyway, and it wasn't anything that I would have gotten either, I don't think.
Thanks. I'm going to try again with general pre-sales. After a bit of disappointment this morning I read the forums and feel better that I'm not alone in this. I wish all ledgies could get amazing seats, of course.

During the SYW tour I bought through a broker and had fabulous seats...now I've been spoiled. Unfortunately the cost of those kind of seats has quadrupled since then. Damn you, inflation!
Old 12-10-2012, 11:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I got row 26 aisle seat this morning for St. Paul. Going to try again at other presales and general onsale and buy again if something better comes up. Hopefully I'll be able to sell my ticket if I do run across something better.