Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-25-2018, 12:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmaletic View Post
LOL, REALLY??

Now Stevie does the tour schedule? I could see her on the phone now, "Make sure the tour starts on Lindsey's birthday! That'll show him!"

Give me break.
Oklahoma was also Lindsey’s favorite state to tour in. She pushed for that state to kick off the tour as well.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 04-25-2018, 12:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

If Lindsey had been replaced by anyone other than Mike Campbell, I don't think I'd be on board.

Fleetwood Mac was the greatest live show I had ever been to (on the Tusk tour and then again on the Mirage tour), until I saw the Heartbreakers play on the Hard Promises tour and a few years later.

We should all keep in mind that most Fleetwood Mac fans aren't on these boards and show up at concerts for the music. The drama makes for news, but after that it's about the songs.

Am I disappointed that Lindsey isn't on this tour?
Absolutely. Crushed, in fact.
But I can't live in the past and I don't need to shell out more money for another tired set of greatest hits.

Am I interested in the drama and the fights and the impasses? Not really -- I have my own life with very little free time.

Looking forward to what they come up with and can't wait for my kids to hear what Mike Campbell sounds like. They made me promise to get them tickets for this tour, so I'm hugely disappointed they'll miss Lindsey - but they got to see him on the Buckingham McVie tour last summer.
Old 04-25-2018, 12:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

From what I've heard the whole story they're telling is a lie. Or maybe lie is too harsh of a word, but a very bent and twisted version of the truth.

Lindsey did initially ask to delay the tour, but they shut him down and he relented and that's when he started to plan doing his solo things in between the tour.
Old 04-25-2018, 12:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
From what I've heard the whole story they're telling is a lie. Or maybe lie is too harsh of a word, but a very bent and twisted version of the truth.

Lindsey did initially ask to delay the tour, but they shut him down and he relented and that's when he started to plan doing his solo things in between the tour.
Big bands always have to spin PR.
Who cares?
They're all in their 70's - or almost - they should do what they want.
It's not about us.

I think it's amazing they're still willing to travel and do such a big tour.
I'm also not buying the "cash grab" spin from some people on the internets.
There's not a single person in the band who needs the money -- they like to play, so they play.
Old 04-25-2018, 12:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
Oklahoma was also Lindsey’s favorite state to tour in. She pushed for that state to kick off the tour as well.

Most bands start tours out in smaller markets. I wouldn't read any further into it than that.
Old 04-25-2018, 12:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/fleetwo...ey-buckingham/

But tensions were building, Fleetwood said, because Buckingham would not sign off on a new tour they'd been planning for a year and a half.----- "Was Lindsey effectively fired?" Mason asked.

"Well, we don't use that word because I think it's ugly. And it's not a question that Lindsey has huge amounts of respect and kudos to what he's done within the ranks of Fleetwood Mac and always will," Fleetwood said. "But it's like a marriage that came to an end and there are reasons why. … But as a band we needed to move on and we have and that's —"

Hummm.. looks like the Mirage tour issues about doing a long or short tour. Would be interesting to hear Lindsey directly.
Old 04-25-2018, 12:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmaletic View Post
LOL, REALLY??

Now Stevie does the tour schedule? I could see her on the phone now, "Make sure the tour starts on Lindsey's birthday! That'll show him!"

Give me break.
Oh, I'm sure he wasn't expecting Stevie's call, and now she'll have an excuse: tour premiere!

San Jose concert. That will be an interesting one. All the Buckinghams live there. Even people she used to call "her family" and are now ashamed of her.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 04-25-2018, 12:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie wanted Mike Campbell in the band because he can help her write. She saw an opening to exert her power and oust Lindsey. THAT is what happened.
Old 04-25-2018, 12:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmn3 View Post
Hasn’t she been on record as saying she can’t see distance at all? Maybe she couldn’t see them running for the bathrooms when she played her clunker version of If You Were My Love toward the end of her set? .
that was decades ago, before she got contacts.

Maybe she's stopped wearing them
Old 04-25-2018, 12:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
It's not about money for Stevie. Well, not as much as for Mick. She wants to be happy and still be in the band. The only way to achieve that is to get rid of Lindsey. Hence the ultimatum.
If all the angles that are angering people, this being a problem with fans puzzles me the most. What’s wrong with Stevie’s happiness being her own #1 priority? I think this concept of “she makes tons of money, she should not be selfish and do what the fans want the most” her happiness should absolutely be her #1 priority, especially at 70. And that meant her leaving the band or Lindsey at this point. And Mick chose to keep Stevie. It may not seem right at all, but I still maintain that Mick had the most power to do things differently. He catered to strvime s happiness. I really can’t fault her the most in this.
She’s a distant 2nd in responsibility here. And as far as not being fare to fans? They aren’t hiding who’s in the band right now. Those are Who don’t want them to, don’t have to. There was a massive tour of the classic line up in 2014-15 for people to catch that classic line up.

He Will Burn You Down
Old 04-25-2018, 12:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dontlookdown View Post
Most bands start tours out in smaller markets. I wouldn't read any further into it than that.
That was a joke And if I temper correctly since 2003 their tours have started in Columbus, Pittsburgh, St. Paul and back to Columbus?

He Will Burn You Down
Old 04-25-2018, 12:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
If all the angles that are angering people, this being a problem with fans puzzles me the most. What’s wrong with Stevie’s happiness being her own #1 priority? I think this concept of “she makes tons of money, she should not be selfish and do what the fans want the most” her happiness should absolutely be her #1 priority, especially at 70. And that meant her leaving the band or Lindsey at this point. And Mick chose to keep Stevie. It may not seem right at all, but I still maintain that Mick had the most power to do things differently. He catered to strvime s happiness. I really can’t fault her the most in this.
She’s a distant 2nd in responsibility here. And as far as not being fare to fans? They aren’t hiding who’s in the band right now. Those are Who don’t want them to, don’t have to. There was a massive tour of the classic line up in 2014-15 for people to catch that classic line up.
Mick didn't choose Stevie. SHE gave him an ultimatum. He didn't want to choose. Big difference here.
Second distance in responsibility? You clearly have no idea of the power force that Stevie is. SHE made him choose

Oh, so because there was a 2014-2015 tour we should shut up and accept this? I don't think so.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 04-25-2018, 01:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Mick didn't choose Stevie. SHE gave him an ultimatum. He didn't want to choose. Big difference here.
Second distance in responsibility? You clearly have no idea of the power force that Stevie is. SHE made him choose

Oh, so because there was a 2014-2015 tour we should shut up and accept this? I don't think so.
I've been telling y'all for 15 years that she's evil, but only a few people believed me...
Old 04-25-2018, 01:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I've been telling y'all for 15 years that she's evil, but only a few people believed me...
Oh the last couple of years, I believed you. BTW I have really good douchedar and she has been on the top of my list the last couple of years. I am never wrong. Insufferable bitc..... wait let me correct that....witch. She finally got to exercise her power in the band in a HUGE way. It helps her massive ego, stabs Lindsey in the back, and gets someone to help her write songs so she can record again. And if she freaking records again after all her lies about records not selling, you chiffonheads should finally wake up to the fact that she will say anything.
Old 04-25-2018, 01:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeets2000 View Post
My guess, and of course none of us know for 100% certainty exactly what happened, is that Lindsey requested the intermingled solo dates concept (discussed in other threads, seemingly confirmed by Rick Turner on FB) because of the spacing of the tour dates (which are, in fact, spaced out as we saw with the announcement this morning). The band said no to this, so LB asked about pushing back the FM tour. They said no to that, too. He dug in, they dug in ("impasse"), and Mick fired him after getting buy-in from the McVies and Stevie.

I suppose this is all just a theory based on publicly available information, but it seems like the most likely series of events, to me at least.

NAILED IT. (probably)