Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-08-2012, 10:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madness Fades View Post
Why didnt he give Carlos Rios a call?
Just saying...
wasn't Carlos Rios touring Australia with Stevie at the time?
Old 01-09-2012, 04:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Just saying...
Don't think he needed to give anyone a call - I think just the three of them could still have given us a great show!
Old 01-09-2012, 01:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Just saying...
Might not like Carlos' playing.

Michele
Old 01-09-2012, 05:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm still upset about the cancellation. I was tidying my desk yesterday and found my tickets. I know I need to stop talking about it but it's still so gutting to me
Old 01-09-2012, 06:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetinmyheart View Post
I'm still upset about the cancellation. I was tidying my desk yesterday and found my tickets. I know I need to stop talking about it but it's still so gutting to me
It's OK - I feel exactly the same as you. I am still finding it really tough to deal with. People expect us to have "moved on" but that's easier said than done!
Old 01-09-2012, 06:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I cleaned my car out yesterday and in the glove box were 4 tickets and 1 VIP Ticket. Maybe thats why I asked about Carlos.
Eitherway I'm glad im not the only one who still picking up the pieces.

This problem is not fixed.
If a footballer gets injured the manager doesnt call of Saturdays game.
This whole thing has been pushed to the side in the hope people just forget about it and do nothing. Not even one official statement from Lindsey himself (a month later).

Come on lindsey let us know soon if we are in your plans for 2012. please
Old 01-09-2012, 06:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I cleaned my car out yesterday and in the glove box were 4 tickets and 1 VIP Ticket. Maybe thats why I asked about Carlos.
Eitherway I'm glad im not the only one who still picking up the pieces.

This problem is not fixed.
If a footballer gets injured the manager doesnt call of Saturdays game
This whole thing has been pushed to the side in the hope people just forget about it and do nothing. Not even one official statement from Lindsey himself (a month later).

Come on lindsey let us know soon if we are in your plans for 2012. please
Oh bravo!

I am agreement with your whole post, but especially the highlighted bits!

I would like to point out that this is not snide bitching from this side of The Pond - we are just devastated that we came so close to our dream, it was snatched away at the 11th hour, and we are left with no apology or future hope!
Old 01-09-2012, 07:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

None in the USA can imagine how it is to miss this; Our hero for decades is going to play solo FOR THE FIRST TIME in his whole career in Europe. And "click", it's gone. I know a fan is automaticly thinking from the Idols perspective. But now, we need some fan support from you guys. It hurts. He COULD have replaced Neale. I'm personally glad he didn't, but still....he could have, and as a result, we would have seen him over here...

Old 01-09-2012, 08:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
None in the USA can imagine how it is to miss this; Our hero for decades is going to play solo FOR THE FIRST TIME in his whole career in Europe. And "click", it's gone. I know a fan is automaticly thinking from the Idols perspective. But now, we need some fan support from you guys. It hurts. He COULD have replaced Neale. I'm personally glad he didn't, but still....he could have, and as a result, we would have seen him over here...
hm, to give you some support? let me think.... naah........! just kidding, i think i can imagine very well... especially people who have NEVER seen him live. but then again, you Gerald don't fit that description (and i hold you personally responsible for rerecorded She Smiled Sweetly ).

i really really hope that he gets his people to reschedule UK/EU this year, as a part of this (SWS) tour. and i really hope he adds another US leg. and selfishly, i want to see him again - ideally both in the US and EU.

Last edited by elle; 01-09-2012 at 08:15 PM..
Old 01-10-2012, 05:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
hm, to give you some support? let me think.... naah........! just kidding, i think i can imagine very well... especially people who have NEVER seen him live. but then again, you Gerald don't fit that description (and i hold you personally responsible for rerecorded She Smiled Sweetly ).

i really really hope that he gets his people to reschedule UK/EU this year, as a part of this (SWS) tour. and i really hope he adds another US leg. and selfishly, i want to see him again - ideally both in the US and EU.
As you know, Elle, I too have been lucky enough to see him solo when I came over to Anaheim in October.

I am thankful for that of course, but I SO wanted to see him on my home turf - and the chance to meet him was what I was really looking forward.

That's why I feel so badly for the Lindsey fans here who have never had the chance before to see him solo - if I am feeling so awful, how on earth must they be feeling?

Like you, I want to see him again - here in the UK and if I'm lucky enough to be able to in the US as well.
Old 01-10-2012, 05:47 AM
Addicted Ledgie

^

I'm in two minds as to whether I'm glad this has been raised again.

On the one hand I feel maybe it should be put to bed now.

But on the other - well, we are still left with a very unsatisfactory situation and in a very unhappy place.

I love Lindsey as much as always, I have forgiven him to an extent - but I am still angry and hurt, especially so since he hasn't appeared to care about his (still very loyal) fans outside the USA.
Old 01-10-2012, 08:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I really do understand how all of you in the UK feel. The concert I went to in Atlanta was my first concert seeing Lindsey solo. It was also the first time I had excellent seats for any concert. I know how I would have felt if it had been cancelled!!!

I definitely agree that an official statement on this should have been issued. Also, (I've said this plenty of times) no matter what, he should have kept the Meet & Greet. No other band members were needed for that.
Old 01-10-2012, 09:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by holidayroad View Post
I really do understand how all of you in the UK feel. The concert I went to in Atlanta was my first concert seeing Lindsey solo. It was also the first time I had excellent seats for any concert. I know how I would have felt if it had been cancelled!!!

I definitely agree that an official statement on this should have been issued. Also, (I've said this plenty of times) no matter what, he should have kept the Meet & Greet. No other band members were needed for that.
Thanks Holiday - your understanding of how we feel is appreciated!

I just wish somebody from Lindsey's "camp" with some clout is reading all the posts in this thread and passing on our feelings. I just want him to understand that our outrage is purely because we love him so much and are totally gutted!
Old 01-10-2012, 10:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by holidayroad View Post
I can't quite agree on keeping the meet and greet. It cost me £350+ for the meet and greet ticket but that included a front row seat to the concert. I'd not want to pay that much money just to tell him how much I like his music. If he'd kept the meet and greet and cancelled the concerts I'd have asked for my money back.
Old 01-10-2012, 11:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

For consolation, i watched the "Songs fm the small machine" DVD on jan.1st. with the tv hooked up to the stereo. And even if it's not the same as sitting there, or better : standing at the stage with LB's sweat falling on you, you know what ? i survived the cancellation .
And if he never comes to Europe i'll survive that too. Don't get me wrong : i love the man and his music but there are worse things in life than a cancelled concert.
(I do feel bad for the people who came all the way from Australia/New Zeeland/USA for nothing ; that's a bummer. )

That said and having just booked our summer holiday, i'm now worried that IF he decides to come to Europe it will be when i'm in Spain and therefore unable to go
I also hope he's not planning on coming over during the Olympics . Or would he be that stupid ?

Life is like a box of chocolates : full of nuts