Old 10-08-2016, 03:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielle View Post

She's so cute it hurts!
A new dog - that's so sweet. She's very silly in this clip

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
Here you go.Heres L&L Via Vimeo and Mediafire backup.

Stephanie on tv 10062016 from wppcproductions on Vimeo.

Mediafire backup in case of deletion and geoblocked countries.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/jo7do1...v_10062016.avi
Beautiful! Thanks Skip
Old 10-08-2016, 06:48 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I guess it's just a matter of perception. I thought her performance of L&L was by far the strongest and most self assured of the 3 she's done so far to promote this tour. Personally I thought she looked and sounded horrible on AGT. Talk about cringe worthy.

And about the interview, Stevie was just being Stevie. I'm not sure what people expect from her at this point. Frankly her endless Gypsy speeches every night on the FM tour embarrassed me far more. She is smug and grandoise and a lot of other things. She's Stevie Nicks and she's not living in the real world. And she never has. Plus she's used to be interviewed one on one so sharing the couch with 3 other people perhaps made her feel she had to work a little harder. I think she did a pretty good job at sharing the spotlight. I feared the "Moonlight" story would take up the entire segment but she managed to reel it in. I also had to marvel at her youthfulness...I'm not talking about her physical appearance but her energy and demeanor. That same spirit she had when she was much younger is still very much present. I hope I can say that when I'm 68.

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Old 10-08-2016, 09:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Yes, I thought Stevie's vocal was great. Definitely the best she's done in a long time and she sounded so stable as though she knew she would always hold the notes perfectly.

Great interview and performance. If she toured the UK she would be great on The Graham Norton Show. That would suit her perfectly.
Old 10-08-2016, 10:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by James89 View Post
Yes, I thought Stevie's vocal was great. Definitely the best she's done in a long time and she sounded so stable as though she knew she would always hold the notes perfectly.

Great interview and performance. If she toured the UK she would be great on The Graham Norton Show. That would suit her perfectly.
That Graham Norton idea makes me laugh just thinking of it...
He would be perfect to interview her, whether she'd understand his humour.....not sure.
Old 10-08-2016, 11:06 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
That Graham Norton idea makes me laugh just thinking of it...
He would be perfect to interview her, whether she'd understand his humour.....not sure.
of course she would ..... " she get along with " British " people "
Old 10-08-2016, 11:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nathan View Post
James Corden seems alright! I think I might like the show - neat format to bring everyone into a single conversation, kind of like Chelsea Handler has been doing. Wonder if he does that all the time.
I love Chelsea Handler's new show! I wish Stevie would go on there... The perfect opportunity to talk politics and feminism with all of her stories about being a girl in a rock n roll band...

I don't like how Stevie always says she wrote Moonlight after seeing Twilight. Firstly, we all know that's not true, and secondly, Twilight is seen as a bit of a joke these days so I think it has the opposite effect of what she's going for.

Leather and Lace was FABULOUS...

Stevie did look kind of frail and seemed to have trouble relating to the other guests, which I think is why she came off a little conceited maybe, but overall I love that we got this interview! Her little creepy clown improv and Lily intro were adorable!
Old 10-08-2016, 02:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilyfee View Post

I don't like how Stevie always says she wrote Moonlight after seeing Twilight. Firstly, we all know that's not true, and secondly, Twilight is seen as a bit of a joke these days so I think it has the opposite effect of what she's going for.
I agree about not saying she wrote Moonlight after she really did -- although I think, when recorded, elements of the song were arranged differently based on the plot of the book, but even if Twilight was a silly series for teens I think it's ok to say she liked it, if she really did. Which she did. If she was just saying it to be hip, that would be another thing. Then, I agree she would be trying too hard and failing miserably. But I think she's telling the truth, not trying to sound relevant and aware.

The other day, I asked a woman in her sixties, "Do you do Harry Potter?" She was confused at first and said, "What do you mean, do ?" I asked her if she read the books and she eagerly said yes and then I went on to make a point about taking the Patronus test and the Sorting Hat test and wondering what the outcome meant about my personality and she jumped right in and told me i should read the play that just came out, if I wanted to understand. She was in her sixties.

You know, if it hits you, it hits you, whether or not it was meant for 13 year olds.

Michele
Old 10-08-2016, 02:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I love Chelsea Handler's new show! I wish Stevie would go on there... The perfect opportunity to talk politics and feminism with all of her stories about being a girl in a rock n roll band...
Totally! I would also like to see her go on Bill Maher.
Old 10-08-2016, 02:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Leather and Lace was FABULOUS...

Stevie did look kind of frail and seemed to have trouble relating to the other guests, which I think is why she came off a little conceited maybe, but overall I love that we got this interview! Her little creepy clown improv and Lily intro were adorable!
I think when she mentions writing Moonlight after seeing Twilight she's paraphrasing. That way she doesn't have to go into "well it was first a demo called Lady from the Mountain" and then yada yada yada and then years later, yada yada yada". Which, by the way, she did go into great detail about when I saw her at one of the events I went to when she talked about her songs ( she knew she was talking to pretty much her fans so she didn't have to cut out the other details). And as far as her talking about Twilight and it being "a joke", I'm glad that she doesn't let that stop her from telling the truth - that it inspired her. She's being genuine.

Jamie
Old 10-08-2016, 03:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
of course she would ..... " she get along with " British " people "
He actually comes from Ireland (Eire) and grew up in County Cork.
He is well known on British TV for his risqué sense of humour....He is a very funny host...his TV show on Friday evening attracts really great guests...so yes she would be at home.
Old 10-08-2016, 03:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I love you guys over there and I love British TV.I hope she gets over there and tour plus get on TV there.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 10-08-2016, 04:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonSister75 View Post
A new dog - that's so sweet. She's very silly in this clip

Beautiful! Thanks Skip
No problem Moonsister75.

Yes I agree .I love her in the doorway with her best friend Lily.How cute.
She has her will trained.If not Lily will be barking up a storm.

Sad to say it looks like her other dog went up to the Rainbowbridge.

Old 10-08-2016, 04:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Also she was great with Aussie' s Molly Meldrum.Hows he doing now.

Old 10-08-2016, 04:06 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
He actually comes from Ireland (Eire) and grew up in County Cork.
He is well known on British TV for his risqué sense of humour....He is a very funny host...his TV show on Friday evening attracts really great guests...so yes she would be at home.
I know.. big fan and have tried to get in the red chair ..this is a direct quote from her when asked about touring with Rod Stewart..who is Scottish
Old 10-08-2016, 04:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
I know.. big fan and have tried to get in the red chair ..this is a direct quote from her when asked about touring with Rod Stewart..who is Scottish
Aaah...get you Olive, my mistake...
Yes the red chair is funny unless he really doesn't like even the way you look and sound...So flips you before your story has begun...hahaha.