User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-17-2014, 06:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheart View Post
he forgot to mention the part that if she doesn't she's out of the band!
yeah right. he might be thinking that but to actually go ahead with it he and the rest of the macsters would need to grow some ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Whoa, that's my Christine: bringing testosterone back. With her back to the fold, there's 33% more testicle.
and not talking about what's visible in those tight jeans

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-17-2014, 07:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My vote for the new Mac album title: Otherwise Engaged

What a great interview. Love how he tries to shame Stevie into doing the album. lol

Edit: Actually Bleed to Love Her would be perfect for this tour, as it's as much a Dance song as a SYW song AND it's famous as a Dance song because of the visually illiterate readings of the illusory eye-line matches between Lindsey and Christine. My faith in cycles says it should be in the set.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.

Last edited by TrueFaith77; 10-17-2014 at 07:52 PM..
Old 10-17-2014, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TrueFaith77 View Post
My vote for the new Mac album title: Otherwise Engaged

What a great interview. Love how he tries to shame Stevie into doing the album. lol

Edit: Actually Bleed to Love Her would be perfect for this tour, as it's as much a Dance song as a SYW song AND it's famous as a Dance song because of the visually illiterate readings of the illusory eye-line matches between Lindsey and Christine. My faith in cycles says it should be in the set.
I remember those two were very close on The Dance. They even drove around in the same limo. I'm so glad they are sparking each other off again.
Old 10-17-2014, 08:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

the writeup by Andy Greenwald that goes with the podcast:

http://grantland.com/hollywood-prosp...ey-buckingham/

I still can’t believe this actually happened. Lindsey Buckingham has been one of my artistic heroes for years. Like everyone else on planet Earth, I’m a huge fan of his seminal songs with Fleetwood Mac and of the enduring rock-and-roll myth in which he played a central role: His relationship with Stevie Nicks, on and off the records, gave rise to the crazy-making belief that the best art can come only from the worst kind of emotional wreckage. More than any of that, though, I’m continually inspired by Lindsey as a solo artist. (Check out my Spotify playlist of his best solo work below. And then tell me it was made by a guy who just qualified for a senior discount at the movies.) Across five decades, with collaborators and without, he’s never stopped chasing his muse, even when it leads him straight over a cliff. Thanks to this drive, Fleetwood Mac stands apart from all other legacy acts touring the world today. The current “On With the Show” tour — the first to include Christine McVie since 1998 — is a sweaty, revelatory evening of old hits and new energy. From standards like “Go Your Own Way” to overlooked gems like “I Know I’m Not Wrong” (probably my favorite song of all time), the performance never once backslides into nostalgia. With Lindsey fingerpicking, stomping, singing, pleading, and barking like a rabid, heartsick dog, it exists only in the now.

So I was as flustered as I’ve ever been on the day last week that Lindsey agreed to meet me in a Manhattan studio. I shouldn’t have been. Fresh off two sold-out nights at Madison Square Garden, Lindsey was kind, modest, and charmingly geeked over the band’s return to its classic lineup. Over the course of our 50-minute conversation, he spoke freely about the music that inspired him, the perpetual strangeness of his relationship with Nicks, and the reasons he never settles. “Do you think I have self-esteem issues?” he asked at one point. He shouldn’t. With a new Fleetwood Mac album on the way, more solo songs in the offing, and an unmet desire to work with younger bands (Vampire Weekend? Jenny Lewis? Can someone please give this man a call?), Lindsey Buckingham is shining as bright as ever in his golden years.

Listen to the podcast here.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-17-2014, 08:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
doesn't surprise me. that song always sounded unfinished,
He's got some songs that are WAY more unfinished and WAY more interesting than It Takes Time, if he wants to put a previous work on the new album.

Michele
Old 10-17-2014, 09:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
He's got some songs that are WAY more unfinished and WAY more interesting than It Takes Time, if he wants to put a previous work on the new album.

Michele
yeah? which ones are you thinking?

and, ITT is from the sessions for this album... unlike previous work. EP was a teaser for the album they've been working on.

Old 10-17-2014, 09:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I just hope the album works as a whole, conceptual wise. That there is some unifying theme or themes that makes it a cohesive and compelling statement.

Also, that the production isn't too adult contemporary. Sometimes, less is more. Emphasize rhythm, not a glossy sound...and maybe get another producer to work with Lindsey. I said this before, but Stevie may have a Voice connection: Pharrell. Wouldn't that be interesting...lol They'll get at least one top 10 hit single.
Old 10-17-2014, 10:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Among the interesting parts given the current threads on here:

(starts around 30:00)
Stevie, I think, always felt a little more torn once she'd had that kind of success with solo work…..
[…]
but if the band came calling I think my….my sense of... 'duty' perhaps, but also just my sense of 'community', to being a band member in good standing, always, uh, precluded me saying "No, I'm gonna do this now, you're gonna have to wait" because, you know, Fleetwood Mac was not something to be taken lightly and is not something to be taken lightly. It's an incredibly, um, complex and heavy duty... cocktail of these 5 people… all of whom are very strong individuals on their own and it adds up to something, you know, greater than the sum of the parts. So I…you know on those occasions when I had been working on solo material and it was given over, I always felt that it was... appropriate. I mean maybe there was a level of reluctance, but still you know you have to make choices that you think are the right things to do.

[…]and again, if you call yourself a band member you've gotta to act like a band member. And there are compromises that must be made….and I learned that from day one of being in the band, you know […] I immediately saw what I could bring and I saw what I'd have to give up. And that's just something that you come to terms with... you know..and you should be happy about.

Now he totally glosses over his adjustment period being in a band though he does indeed get in a bit about how he had to change the guitar he used to fit in the band (though shockingly no mention of having to use a….pick!)
Quit in 1987 for a decade, took three years off after the SYW tour...Totally a team player.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-17-2014, 10:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
After years of therapy, Lindsey is getting over the trauma of that pick.

Whoa, that's my Christine: bringing testosterone back. With her back to the fold, there's 33% more testicle.
Hoo boy...Everything about this one had me in tears!

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-17-2014, 10:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Quit in 1987 for a decade, took three years off after the SYW tour...Totally a team player.
exactly - quit! as an NOT in the band at the time.

and did you listen to the interview (if you didn't know that before!) - he said he asked the band whether they'll give him 3 years off, and they did. didn't just take off while band kept calling him to come back and work with them - a bit different than band saying no, isn't it?

Old 10-17-2014, 10:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Well he's not a prisoner of the band. When he decided to not be a team player he quit. I think that's fair of him. At least when he asked for 3 years off it had just followed an album and a tour. And he didn't waste that time. He put out two albums.
Old 10-17-2014, 10:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
yeah? which ones are you thinking?

and, ITT is from the sessions for this album... unlike previous work. EP was a teaser for the album they've been working on.
There's no reason he has to stay married to the dubious songs he was working on from the sessions for this album, if he's got better material to choose from. Once 2 years have passed, we can forget whatever the EP was supposed to be a teaser for.

Micele
Old 10-17-2014, 10:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
Mick Fleetwood: "We Hope So"
Nick Patch, The Canadian Press October 16, 2014

http://www.news1130.com/2014/10/16/m...s-contributes/

Mick Fleetwood says new Fleetwood Mac music ‘profound,’ hopes Nicks contributes

TORONTO – Mick Fleetwood says he hopes Stevie Nicks will ultimately find time to contribute to the new music Fleetwood Mac is recording — which could ultimately form the band’s first album in nearly 30 years with its entire principal lineup intact.

The newly reformed rock titans — who welcomed keyboardist Christine McVie back into the fold for a tour that hits Toronto on Saturday and other Canadian cities in the coming months — went into the studio “many months ago now” to work on new material, Fleetwood said.

Lindsey Buckingham has called the new material “profound,” an adjective that Fleetwood agreed with enthusiastically.

“It is profound. It’s great,” said the 67-year-old drummer Thursday in an interview in Toronto. “The four of us went in … and had a lot of fun — for Chris, just reconnecting, playing music, with no particular thought in mind.

“I hope it becomes part of something that will make sense. But (bassist) John (McVie), Lindsey and me and Chris, we were all participating. So it’s exciting.”

The band’s last album of new material was 2003′s “Say You Will,” but the last to feature the band’s most successful five-piece lineup was 1987′s “Tango in the Night.”

Asked whether Nicks would eventually be involved in the recording, Fleetwood replied: “We hope so.”

“Right now we’ve got this tour to do and it’s very time-consuming so we’ll see,” he added. “It will come out one way or another.”

The time-consuming nature of the tour didn’t stop Fleetwood from stopping by an exhibit of his photography in Toronto on Thursday, with a more formal gathering expected to take place Friday.

The tall, lanky Englishman has dabbled in photography since the late 1960s, but took a more dedicated interest in recent years. The 26 photographs on display at the Liss Gallery are primarily concerned with nature — a fascination for Fleetwood after he moved with his elderly mother to Maui.

There he was inspired by bountiful yellow bushes, majestic trees and the sprawl of lonely country roads. Some photos hold more meaning to Fleetwood than might be immediately obvious; two images of swans, for instance, conjure memories of the children’s stories his father used to write.

“Swans, like dolphins, when they become partners they never part. They stay, unlike my marriages, in one piece,” quipped Fleetwood, thrice divorced.

The austere photos are decidedly not, he notes, typical rock-star material.

“There are no, like, thigh shots of women and stuff,” he pointed out. “(Those) seem to be expected from an old rock and roller like myself. It’s a calm feeling that seems to be welcomed.”

The works are for sale, most retailing for $2,800 or $7,250. He already found a buyer during Thursday’s muted media presentation, with Toronto resident Genevieve Peters scooping up one of the pieces as a gift for her fiance.

“This is a historic moment,” beamed Fleetwood as he signed the back.

For Fleetwood, photography has been a creative outlet quite separate from the band — for which he does not write songs.

Still, he’s clearly deriving a deep satisfaction from the band’s long-awaited reunion.

“It’s a great time for all of us in Fleetwood Mac,” he said. “Certainly me, (who) tended to be the gatekeeper — or my insecurity forced me to keep the band going, who knows really what it might have been.

“We owe it, I think, to get some things right. It’s more of a spirited, emotional thing. It’s a great time for all of us.”
Old 10-17-2014, 10:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Mick Fleetwood says new Fleetwood Mac music ‘profound,’ hopes Nicks contributes
Profound. Are the Men of Mac sharing a "word of the day" calendar?

Michele
Old 10-17-2014, 11:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Profound. Are the Men of Mac sharing a "word of the day" calendar?

Michele
I was gonna say; someone on their "team" must have market-tested it; every article someone uses the word.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.