The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-04-2012, 02:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It sad to see no more of the MDA telethon with Jerry's kids.Now its called "MDA Show of Strength" a 3 hour infomercial type show.

Jerry is now 86 has retired from the show in 2010.

Now lets see if ABC trashes New Years "Rock "N" Eve" after the loss of Dick Clark.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 09-06-2012, 10:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Hay I will be over in London about 54minutes from here in NYC.

I watch this piece from the Discovery Channel earlier today about the transatlantic tunnel which they were talking for years.

We be all gone before it happens our kids grand kids might see it.

It would of been nice if it was here today.I could go and see a couple Stevie/FM shows in London and get home right away to go to work.

For years they here in Connecticut were planning to build a bridge from here to Long Island.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Long_Island_Sound_link

http://www.kurumi.com/roads/ct/licrossing.html

http://www.nycroads.com/crossings/shoreham-newhaven/

It would be great to drive straight to Long Island without getting snarled up traffic on 95.

Old 09-07-2012, 04:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Question

Has seven wonders online finally kicked the bucket??
Old 09-07-2012, 11:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

So what would you do?

I saw my good friend's spouse, out on the town, cheating on him(I even know who "the other man" is, and that he just separated). There was no question of cheating...they were making out in public, and then left together.

If you were me, would you tell my friend? I do then, risk a few things. Suppose they work things out, and I'm then known as "the snitch", and his partner would probably hate me from now on, and future social functions would be extremely awkward. Or should I just STFU?

I love my friend, and feel that telling him is the right thing to do, but it could backfire, on so many levels.
Old 09-07-2012, 12:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghost_Tracker View Post
Has seven wonders online finally kicked the bucket??
See this thread.

http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=50636

Old 09-07-2012, 03:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
Thanks.

I always liked that place. "Ah, well!...."
Old 09-07-2012, 03:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
So what would you do?

I saw my good friend's spouse, out on the town, cheating on him(I even know who "the other man" is, and that he just separated). There was no question of cheating...they were making out in public, and then left together.

If you were me, would you tell my friend? I do then, risk a few things. Suppose they work things out, and I'm then known as "the snitch", and his partner would probably hate me from now on, and future social functions would be extremely awkward. Or should I just STFU?

I love my friend, and feel that telling him is the right thing to do, but it could backfire, on so many levels.
What I would do?

I would tell that cheater that I know. I would describe details. And then I'd tell her/him that if they don't come clean to my friend, I'll do it myself. You have 24 hours.

Plain and simple - my friend is my friend, and our bond is important. I will not be the guy who knew and didn't say anything. But I'll give you the chance to do it first. If you're not happy, tell him and then leave him. Don't lie, don't use and don't cheat.

Of course it could backfire, but you'll know you did the right thing, and someday so will he.
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 09-07-2012, 04:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaContestant View Post
What I would do?

I would tell that cheater that I know. I would describe details. And then I'd tell her/him that if they don't come clean to my friend, I'll do it myself. You have 24 hours.

Plain and simple - my friend is my friend, and our bond is important. I will not be the guy who knew and didn't say anything. But I'll give you the chance to do it first. If you're not happy, tell him and then leave him. Don't lie, don't use and don't cheat.

Of course it could backfire, but you'll know you did the right thing, and someday so will he.
I agree. I'm just terrified of it backfiring on me, even though I obviously did nothing wrong. What if they do stay together, and I'm forever known as the snitch(by the guilty party). That could make our social circle so uncomfortable.

I did message my friend, and just asked how everything was going(sort of with the air that something might be wrong), and didn't get a response. I was trying to open the door for questions about what might be wrong, but that didn't work...

I care for my friend, very much. I dread even the thought, that this could somehow force us into different social circles. Because that is a possibility, even if a small one.
Old 09-09-2012, 10:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

These are lady cops from Kuwait. The one on the right resembles Stevie. Can you see it?
Photobucket
Old 09-10-2012, 06:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I agree. I'm just terrified of it backfiring on me, even though I obviously did nothing wrong. What if they do stay together, and I'm forever known as the snitch(by the guilty party). That could make our social circle so uncomfortable.

I did message my friend, and just asked how everything was going(sort of with the air that something might be wrong), and didn't get a response. I was trying to open the door for questions about what might be wrong, but that didn't work...

I care for my friend, very much. I dread even the thought, that this could somehow force us into different social circles. Because that is a possibility, even if a small one.
I really doubt anyone is going to think of you as "the snitch." More like people are going to think of the cheating party as "the cheater" if they do stay together.

You aren't doing anything wrong by telling the truth, period. And if I were your friend I would appreciate your honesty... wouldn't YOU want to know if you were being cheated on?
Old 09-10-2012, 12:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
I really doubt anyone is going to think of you as "the snitch." More like people are going to think of the cheating party as "the cheater" if they do stay together.

You aren't doing anything wrong by telling the truth, period. And if I were your friend I would appreciate your honesty... wouldn't YOU want to know if you were being cheated on?
Yeah, I would want to know. My friend finally answered the message. I think I'm going to hint around, and let him ask me if there's something I know, that he should probably hear. At least if he asks me, I won't be volunteering the discretion.

I also told a couple of mutual good friends, so the leak could come from elsewhere, too...
Old 09-10-2012, 04:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I had a surprised visit from the police last night from a complaint from the neighbors heard screaming from here.I could not figure out what the police was talking about.I said back to the officers .I heard screaming from the neighbors kids playing in their back yard about 90 minutes ago.Thats probably what the call complaint was about.They said is there anybody else in the house besides you .I said back to them there is nobody else here except me.They said can we come in and look around for any dead bodies.They were Kidding around .I said sure .come in and look.My place was a wreck and i was not fully dressed from showering.I appoligized about that.As they were looking around they spotted my big record collection and they said wow you got alot of vinyl . And they left .

In the meantime I was completely embarrassed because my place was a wreck and I was not fully dress for the visit.

Old 09-10-2012, 06:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
They said can we come in and look around for any dead bodies.
In the meantime I was completely embarrassed because my place was a wreck and I was not fully dress for the visit.
You could have removed your towel and flashed the cops. Then they would have died right there on the spot.
Old 09-10-2012, 06:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Yeah, I would want to know. My friend finally answered the message. I think I'm going to hint around, and let him ask me if there's something I know, that he should probably hear. At least if he asks me, I won't be volunteering the discretion.

I also told a couple of mutual good friends, so the leak could come from elsewhere, too...
Be careful, my friend... the easiest way to lose a friend is by placing yourself into their relationship, even if you are in the right. I've ruined a couple friendships over the years by responding to a direct question friends have asked me about their significant others (I used to keep my opinions to myself unless asked, now I just refuse to say anything negative at all).

I know I've even been guilty of pushing away friends when they told me what one of my boyfriends (at the time) was up to... even though every word my friends told me was true, and I knew it. Never underestimate the power of shame & pride, especially when it comes to people & their relationships. If I were you, I'd leave well enough alone. The universe & karma has a way of righting wrongs.
Old 09-10-2012, 06:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Be careful, my friend... the easiest way to lose a friend is by placing yourself into their relationship, even if you are in the right. I've ruined a couple friendships over the years by responding to a direct question friends have asked me about their significant others (I used to keep my opinions to myself unless asked, now I just refuse to say anything negative at all).

I know I've even been guilty of pushing away friends when they told me what one of my boyfriends (at the time) was up to... even though every word my friends told me was true, and I knew it. Never underestimate the power of shame & pride, especially when it comes to people & their relationships. If I were you, I'd leave well enough alone. The universe & karma has a way of righting wrongs.
Thank you. You totally understand how being honest, and doing the right thing, could totally bite me in the ass. My friend needs to know that his partner's a whore, but I think he needs to discover it on his own. We're pretty close, and I don't think I'm willing to take even a slight risk of losing his friendship. Thanks, Louie.