User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-04-2016, 02:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdm6789 View Post
John and Christine are in their 70s, the others are not far behind them. It could be your last chance to see them. To say "I won't support it without a new album" kinda sounds like a spoiled brat thing to say.
Like we're under obligation to see them before they quit or give them our support? I skipped the last tour (twice) because of the lack of an album. And I'll do it again. I don't need to go just to be in their presence. It's a nostalgia act offering nothing new and I'm too young to be nostalgic about Fleetwood Mac. If they never release a new album then I'll never see them again live. I would accept free tickets, but otherwise....
Old 06-04-2016, 02:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
It will happen. They just want to release it with the final tour. That's really all it is.
It's funny when people say stuff like this like they know exactly what's going on.
Old 06-04-2016, 02:50 PM
Senior Ledgie

Other things to spend money on than a rock concert, especially a redundant one. How about contributing to fighting disease, helping homeless or elderly, etc.?!
Old 06-04-2016, 02:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
... I just want Christine to do another solo album, like she'd planned to do before rejoining. It would have been out by now.
I completely, 100% agree.
Old 06-04-2016, 03:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlynow View Post
Other things to spend money on than a rock concert, especially a redundant one. How about contributing to fighting disease, helping homeless or elderly, etc.?!
thats very noble...
...but as far as I'm concerned- have money, will spend on FM.
If I never saw them on (most probably) their last tour I'd always regret it- album or no album.
Old 06-04-2016, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
It's funny when people say stuff like this like they know exactly what's going on.
What's funny about it?
Old 06-04-2016, 03:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
thats very noble...
If I never saw them on (most probably) their last tour I'd always regret it- album or no album.
.......How about taking the money and telling a stupid person in you may have in your life this: "Here is some money, now you can afford to have your head surgically removed from your ass."
Old 06-04-2016, 03:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuzzyPlum View Post
thats very noble...
I would regret it, too. I thought the last show was explosive. Having Christine back was one factor for me. But then I was pleasantly surprised by some of Stevie's vocals. Gold DustWoman was amazing. I was not impressed with their approach to Sisters. But, who can top that Mirage performance. I don't know how they decide the arrangement. But not to have big guitar solo at the end of Sister's is beyond me.

Little LIes.. not one of my fav's. was incredible. Big surprise. Second Hand News was also superb.
Old 06-04-2016, 03:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
What's funny about it?
That you think you know. I think I covered that in my comment. Truth is none of us know what is going on, but I doubt what is happening has all been pre-planned and strategized.

Last edited by MikeVielhaber; 06-04-2016 at 04:26 PM..
Old 06-04-2016, 03:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I would regret it, too. I thought the last show was explosive. Having Christine back was one factor for me. But then I was pleasantly surprised by some of Stevie's vocals. Gold DustWoman was amazing. I was not impressed with their approach to Sisters. But, who can top that Mirage performance. I don't know how they decide the arrangement. But not to have big guitar solo at the end of Sister's is beyond me.

Little LIes.. not one of my fav's. was incredible. Big surprise. Second Hand News was also superb.
I will see them, regardless.

They ARE the band of my life.

The clock is ticking, and it's only a matter of WHEN one of them kicks the bucket.

I do hope that when one of them does die, that they call it a day, like the Eagles.
Old 06-04-2016, 03:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
I will see them, regardless.

They ARE the band of my life.

The clock is ticking, and it's only a matter of WHEN one of them kicks the bucket.

I do hope that when one of them does die, that they call it a day, like the Eagles.
When one of them "checks out", I won't be the least bit surprised. They are not getting any younger. Next month Christine will be 73, right?
Old 06-04-2016, 04:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wdm6789 View Post
John and Christine are in their 70s, the others are not far behind them. It could be your last chance to see them. To say "I won't support it without a new album" kinda sounds like a spoiled brat thing to say.
Are you kidding me? Spoiled brat? Are you for real? I saw them twice on the last tour, shelling out over a hundred each time. Why would I want to see them next year without any new music? I'm not spending any more cash unless they do what artists do and create. New music. If they die before they put it out I will be sad, but not because I didn't see them one last time. I'll be sad because they would have wasted any opportunity to grow.
Old 06-04-2016, 04:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlynow View Post
Amen. Good point. Though if the band does release new music, I'll be first in line for a ticket to their next tour.
Old 06-04-2016, 05:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Amen. Good point. Though if the band does release new music, I'll be first in line for a ticket to their next tour.
That's the thing. I have a lot of things to spend money on and they have to excite me into spending it on them. For me, that means new music. They don't lay any claim to my money. They have to earn it like we all do. Playing all the same old songs that they performed better 20/30/40 years ago doesn't really get me going anymore. There's got to be something new.
Old 06-04-2016, 05:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~*BellaDonna*~ View Post
When one of them "checks out", I won't be the least bit surprised. They are not getting any younger. Next month Christine will be 73, right?
I'm not sure. I honestly try not to think about it.

I might be okay with dying before Christine does...