User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-02-2016, 09:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Be nice to Rusty. We'll get new information on a new album.
Now I know Rusty would like to
inform on the Mirage Deluxe Set.
Specifically on the CD that is the
Mirage Concert. On whether or
not Sister Of The Moon has
the same edit as the video. But
I told my pal to keep it to himself.
For right now.

What a character that Rusty is.
Old 06-03-2016, 04:35 PM
Senior Ledgie

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
The new album is in the can.
FM are just waiting to release
it according to a new touring
schedule.

Source: Rusty.

Just makes $ense. When the rested
guys and gals are ready we'll know.

Trust me, Rusty knows.
Just to clarify, does "in the can" mean complete with all songs by all members, including Stevie?

Thanks!
Old 06-03-2016, 07:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by onlynow View Post
Just to clarify, does "in the can" mean complete with all songs by all members, including Stevie?

Thanks!
No. This is iamnotafraid just poking fun at the situation. There is zero corroborated evidence that Fleetwood Mac has done any recording in the past two years.
Old 06-03-2016, 07:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Thanks!
"In The Can" could mean garbage can...Could be when they went and listened to what was recorded 2 years ago they realized it really was not that good and decided to scrap the whole project.
Old 06-03-2016, 11:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
"In The Can" could mean garbage can...Could be when they went and listened to what was recorded 2 years ago they realized it really was not that good and decided to scrap the whole project.
Ooooo.....I think you may have something there, that's why we haven't heard a peep from them about a new album!!!!
Well not for ages, anyway.
Old 06-04-2016, 12:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I doubt this. The music is probably quite good. We know the reason why the music is not finished. It's sad sad sad sad. The whole affair is just sad.
Old 06-04-2016, 01:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

And another thing: the promise of new music was the one thing that excited me about the reunion. Now, without any clear prospects of it coming out, I just want Christine to do another solo album, like she'd planned to do before rejoining. It would have been out by now.
Old 06-04-2016, 07:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
I doubt this. The music is probably quite good. We know the REASON why the music is not finished. It's sad sad sad sad. The whole affair is just sad.
And the reason is...Their bank accounts are more important than their artistic integrity...
If the (new) music was more important than $$$$ and it was really that good (as LB said profound) they would have finished the album and released it and then toured in support of it. Did they do that? No they did not.
Personally I wonder just how good the new songs are...
Because...
It doesn't sound like they have any faith in them (new songs) because if they did the band would be willing to stand behind them (new songs) and take whatever steps are required to get them out even if that means NO STEVIE!

Have you heard anything lately about a new FM album coming out? No you have not.
The latest we have heard about FM's future plans are (Another) NEW (cash grab oldies ) TOUR THE END OF 2017 and not "The new album will be out shortly...

Last edited by BlueDenimLamp; 06-04-2016 at 07:40 AM..
Old 06-04-2016, 10:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And the reason is...Their bank accounts are more important than their artistic integrity...
If the (new) music was more important than $$$$ and it was really that good (as LB said profound) they would have finished the album and released it and then toured in support of it. Did they do that? No they did not.
Because...
It doesn't sound like they have any faith in them (new songs) because if they did the band would be willing to stand behind them (new songs) and take whatever steps are required to get them out even if that means NO STEVIE!

Have you heard anything lately about a new FM album coming out? No you have not.
The latest we have heard about FM's future plans are (Another) NEW (cash grab oldies ) TOUR THE END OF 2017 and not "The new album will be out shortly...
In her most recent interview Christine has said she has investment in that new music because so many of the songs are hers. I imagine those songs are at least on par with her work on ITM, which, for me, is more than enough. I just want to hear that. I don't even care anymore if there's a damn Fleetwood Mac album. Just release the LB/CM collaborations.
Old 06-04-2016, 11:17 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Because...

Did they say the tour will *start late* 2017? If so, i wonder what will happen early 2017.

Thanks to all for your insight!
Old 06-04-2016, 11:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Did they say the tour will *start late* 2017? If so, i wonder what will happen early 2017.

Thanks to all for your insight!
Mick says October 2017....it's on the Fleetwood Mac UK site. Doesn't mean even THAT will happen. But he's at least talking about a touring schedule. But if there's no new music, I won't support it.
Old 06-04-2016, 11:27 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Mick says October 2017....it's on the Fleetwood Mac UK site. Doesn't mean even THAT will happen. But he's at least talking about a touring schedule. But if there's no new music, I won't support it.
Then i guess the US tour could start early 2017. Yes, new music is imperative.
Old 06-04-2016, 11:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

John and Christine are in their 70s, the others are not far behind them. It could be your last chance to see them. To say "I won't support it without a new album" kinda sounds like a spoiled brat thing to say.
Old 06-04-2016, 12:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I am starting to worry the new material will see the light next year as part of a mega-box set like The Chain. On the one hand, I just want new material to come out. On the other, it would be really quite sad if it didn't come out as a stand-alone album of its own accord.
Old 06-04-2016, 01:56 PM

It will happen. They just want to release it with the final tour. That's really all it is.