User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-14-2010, 03:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I also think it's important to remember Bryson and Dani got in contact with Sara via the internet. She very well may have read the things which were said about her here. I think it's pretty damned cool she agreed to meet two Fleetwood Mac fans... and having nasty things said about her over here sure doesn't seem to be a good way of repaying a pretty cool deed.
I'm not saying anything rude about Sara. I'm sitting next to her right now and she doesn't like the picture of herself with Dani and I either. However, I always think Sara is beautiful. She and I get into a constant debate daily on how I wish I had her bone structure cus my face is so round and fat haha.

And yeah, unfortunately, I was sitting here with her when we were looking at this thread and she did see the nasty things posted about "sharon needing to hang out with her for a few weeks". I mean, she laughed it off, but c'mon guys.....Sara is the coolest. All I have to say, because I know her pretty well, is that she is such a good sport about the Fleetwood Mac part of her life and she's added a lot of Fm fans on facebook that request her, and I just think people could be nicer. Right? It's not like she gets a kick out of reliving 30 yrs of her life through the internet, but she gladly will talk about it with fans because she was once a Beatles fan and got to meet them. She just truly understands how we all feel about the Mac and it's really sweet of her to share stuff with us. She likes the Ledge guys, don't give fans a bad rap.

And thanks Louie. You're sweet.
Old 04-14-2010, 03:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie721 View Post
hasn't sara posted from your account in the past?
Yeah, she has, before she had her own account.
Old 04-14-2010, 03:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by brysondt View Post
I'm not saying anything rude about Sara. I'm sitting next to her right now and she doesn't like the picture of herself with Dani and I either. However, I always think Sara is beautiful. She and I get into a constant debate daily on how I wish I had her bone structure cus my face is so round and fat haha.

And yeah, unfortunately, I was sitting here with her when we were looking at this thread and she did see the nasty things posted about "sharon needing to hang out with her for a few weeks". I mean, she laughed it off, but c'mon guys.....Sara is the coolest. All I have to say, because I know her pretty well, is that she is such a good sport about the Fleetwood Mac part of her life and she's added a lot of Fm fans on facebook that request her, and I just think people could be nicer. Right? It's not like she gets a kick out of reliving 30 yrs of her life through the internet, but she gladly will talk about it with fans because she was once a Beatles fan and got to meet them. She just truly understands how we all feel about the Mac and it's really sweet of her to share stuff with us. She likes the Ledge guys, don't give fans a bad rap.

I know you're not saying anything rude... I was addressing the commentary in this thread as a whole .

I just think it's in poor taste to comment on anybody's weight. I've swung back and forth between chunky and anorexic my whole life... I know what it's like. People don't need commentary on their weight, trust me, we all know exactly what we look like vs what we WANT to look like. I critique lots of things when it comes to appearance: clothing, hair, etc... but you'll never, ever hear me criticize someone for weighing too little or too much. That's below the belt, and very, very bad karma.
Old 04-14-2010, 04:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=louielouie2000;883201]I know you're not saying anything rude... I was addressing the commentary in this thread as a whole .

I just think it's in poor taste to comment on anybody's weight. I've swung back and forth between chunky and anorexic my whole life... I know what it's like. People don't need commentary on their weight, trust me, we all know exactly what we look like vs what we WANT to look like. I critique lots of things when it comes to appearance: clothing, hair, etc... but you'll never, ever hear me criticize someone for weighing too little or too much. That's below the belt, and very, very bad karma.[/QUOTE]

Hear hear louie!! Couldn't have said it better myself!!
Old 04-14-2010, 04:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Seems we all want what sombody else has. I have been thin all my life even tried weight on in the past to try and gain weight! Its hard for some to understand, but its hurtful when someone says, oh he's cute but too skinny, or family saying I need to take you home and fattin you up! Its alll the same baby, all the same!
Old 04-14-2010, 04:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I critique lots of things when it comes to appearance: clothing, hair, etc... but you'll never, ever hear me criticize someone for weighing too little or too much. That's below the belt, and very, very bad karma.
You're thinking is a bit of a hypocrisy. To insult someone, no matter the type of insult, is an insult. Plain and simple. There are no allowances that one insult is nicer than the other and you don't get to decide which insult fits your hypocritical world.
Old 04-14-2010, 04:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard B View Post
You're thinking is a bit of a hypocrisy. To insult someone, no matter the type of insult, is an insult. Plain and simple. There are no allowances that one insult is nicer than the other and you don't get to decide which insult fits your hypocritical world.
I think you're misunderstanding what I was saying... I'm not always the best at conveying my thoughts. I don't go up to people on the street and tell them to change clothes or cut their hair. I don't even do that to my friends, because God knows, I could use as much help as I can get in the appearance department myself!

However, I will say on a message board that I wish Stevie would mix up her hairstyles/wardrobe some. That's kind of the point of these message boards, is it not? To critique and debate? There's a HUGE difference between critiquing and insulting, too. There's also a big difference between critiquing somebody's appearance who is a celebrity, and someone who actually posts on this board. If all of this is hypocritical, I think each and every one of us here is guilty.
Old 04-14-2010, 07:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by brysondt View Post

Agreed. And having met both of you myself, these comments bother me more than they would've beforehand... a) that picture doesn't accurately represent what she looks like and b) you guys are messing with a gem of a person-- a freaking hilarious gem, may I add--over some really superficial stuff.

I love you guys.
Old 04-14-2010, 07:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Sara was one of the backup singers during the Street Angel tour when I saw Stevie perform at the Ohio State Fair in 1994 if I remember correctly, and I think it was that show where I noticed all the backup girls had on the prettiest outfits and long dripping sleeves at the cuffs (ala like The Dance outfit) and I still remember that. I'd have to go through my pictures of that night and refresh my memory but I loved their outfits and those sleeves, the girls really went all out on that tour dressing up and I've always thought Sara Fleetwood was so pretty! And I want to thank her for sharing any of her experiences with FM and Stevie with any of us fans. You guys are so fortunate and lucky.
Old 04-14-2010, 10:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodfather View Post
Dani - let's just leave those 2 fighting and sneak off...

There isn't really a fight actually - he's gay and I'm straight, so I'm afraid I actually have you all to myself Dani... lest Doddy here wants to start something? (My suggestion, Doddy - don't! Don't disagree Doddy!)
NB. Not necessarily in that order...
Old 04-14-2010, 11:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard B View Post
Who the hell are you to after me because of my weight?
Old 04-14-2010, 11:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

You know what Richard and Louie you both want to go after me because of my weight issues thats fine I dont deny that I'm overweight quite a bit and am what what most people would consider fat, but the both of you have just exposed yourselves for being the most UNBELIEVEABLE CATTY SHALLOW BITCHES I have ever seen. ANd to think I considered you both friends.... Well as far as Im concerned you can both go straight to hell now!
Old 04-14-2010, 11:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^ neither of them said anything bad about fat people at all.
Old 04-14-2010, 11:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

^^

wow
Old 04-14-2010, 11:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fringed n fab View Post
Sara was one of the backup singers during the Street Angel tour when I saw Stevie perform at the Ohio State Fair in 1994 if I remember correctly, and I think it was that show where I noticed all the backup girls had on the prettiest outfits and long dripping sleeves at the cuffs (ala like The Dance outfit) and I still remember that. I'd have to go through my pictures of that night and refresh my memory but I loved their outfits and those sleeves, the girls really went all out on that tour dressing up and I've always thought Sara Fleetwood was so pretty! And I want to thank her for sharing any of her experiences with FM and Stevie with any of us fans. You guys are so fortunate and lucky.
Hahahahahahaha Sara said those outfits were a total pain in the ass. She was like, "Stevie made us wear the Rhiannon sleeves and tight little corset tops so when I gained weight I couldn't breathe as I sang and my sleeves would get caught on the microphone stand and it was all a disaster. I spent most of my time on stage trying not to pass out." funny that you mention those outfits after she told me this Sunday

Last edited by daniellaaarisen; 04-15-2010 at 01:54 AM..