Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-17-2014, 11:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Man View Post
Great interview.

"Stevie will come in (in reference to the studio) at the end of the tour and we will finish this (in reference to the new album)"

Seems to be a pretty good confirmation of new music being completed.
He's already said it will come out and it won't fall through the cracks. But as for his Stevie comment, it would be nice if not for Mick's contradictory comments about Stevie. So it still leaves it ambiguous.
Old 10-17-2014, 11:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy Man View Post
Great interview.

"Stevie will come in (in reference to the studio) at the end of the tour and we will finish this (in reference to the new album)"

Seems to be a pretty good confirmation of new music being completed.
now that's a statement. (hands clapping).

Let's just hope we can take "at the end of the tour" literally and not as some euphemism for "whenever".
Old 10-17-2014, 11:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Somewhere near Key Biscayne, nothing there so I came back

Thanks for posting. I really loved this interview. The interviewer did a great job. Lindsey always tip toes past his mindset during the Tango break and Big Love. He sort of implies he was out of control at that time but we never get the details. One thing that I agree with is how Lindsey says he never has seen Fleetwood Mac fans stand for the entire concert before. I agree. There was so much energy at the show, I never have seen that before at a Mac show.
Old 10-17-2014, 12:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

How do I listen on an iPhone?
Old 10-17-2014, 12:19 PM
Senior Ledgie

The optimism that Lindsey has for new music is very encouraging. Sounds as if the studio time with Christine produced some excellent work.

And, most importantly, he has brushed off the idea of a "three year gap" - of course, this could change. It does seem that he is on board with getting right on with the new FM music a.s.a.p.

Old 10-17-2014, 12:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
He's already said it will come out and it won't fall through the cracks. But as for his Stevie comment, it would be nice if not for Mick's contradictory comments about Stevie. So it still leaves it ambiguous.
I'm more inclined to believe and trust in Lindsey than I am with Mick.

Mr. Fleetwood LOVES to stir the pot and create drama where there is none.
Old 10-17-2014, 12:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
LOL that sounds ridiculous.

May we ask about drugs? Yes
Sex? Yes
Going bankrupt? Yes
Having affairs? Yes
The new album? No!!!!!!!!!!
Your abortion? Yes
FM album? No.
Old 10-17-2014, 12:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Sorry PenguinHead, I have to disagree with you on this one.

As for people saying Stevie can't talk about FM stuff coz she's promoting solo stuff, again, I'd recommend going back and looking at the last 30 years of her career.
The whole argument is a fantasy, which would make sense if John Lennon didn't want to talk about a Beatles reunion while promoting a solo album, but makes no sense in the context of Stevie and FM, especially at this stage in Stevie and FM's career, when it's not 1981 any longer.

Michele
Old 10-17-2014, 12:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post

"Right now we've got this tour to do and it's very time-consuming so we'll see," he added. "It will come out one way or another."
Mick, promise me it will come out one way or another and I will hand sew you new red shoes. I've got the leather right here.

Michele
Old 10-17-2014, 12:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart twitter traffic after LB's shout-out

@Steven_Hyden
@madeofoak Lindsey Buckingham shout-out for Sylvan Esso at 44ish-minute mark: http://grantland.com/hollywood-prosp...ey-buckingham/

Nicholas Sanborn ‏@MADEOFOAK 1h1 hour ago
@Steven_Hyden holy sh*t dude. thank you so much for letting me know. just pe*d a little.

@MADEOFOAK @Steven_Hyden That's so great. Congrats, Nick!

@MADEOFOAK @Steven_Hyden !!!! Get on the fu*king horn dude @MOAnderson

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-17-2014, 12:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post

Michele, are you reading Mick's quotes the same way I am. He's building a pressure cooker.
Yes, I think Mick's motives are clear, but he needs to be even more blatant than this. It is unacceptable that we are in the same boat now that we were in in January, when he said the others would be going into the studio in March and we wondered why Stevie wasn't. By this time, there should be clarification. It really doesn't matter. If they've decided to finish the album at the end of the tour, that will be enough for me. But they have to decide, one way or another. June 2015, we finish this album, whether Stevie shows up or not.

If they make a resolved declaration like that, Stevie will turn up, leave her alone and she'll come home, wagging her tail behind her. But if you leave things up in the air and keep waiting and hoping, you'll be waiting and hoping until 2017.

The four of them need to find a backbone somewhere. I suggest people throw spleen onto the stage for them at upcoming shows. Michele
Old 10-17-2014, 12:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i loved that article about Steelers and FM Michele posted somewhere in one of these threads. you can read that and i assign characters here, over and over.
I was shocked. I know nothing about football, but that writer knows FM.

By Anthony Defeo@Defeoman on Oct 15 2014, Behind the Steel Curtain

http://www.behindthesteelcurtain.com...ons-throughout

April 3, 1990, just days before Fleetwood Mac are set to release their first album without Lindsey Buckingham

Realistic Fleetwood Mac fan: I don't have a good feeling about Behind the Mask. And it's not just because Lindsey Buckingham is gone, either. I mean, who is Billy Burnette? Who is Rick Vito? Why even bother with a new album without such an integral part of what made your band so successful?

Optimistic FM fan #1: Excuse me? I didn't realize you could see into the future and that you were such an expert on music.

Optimistic FM fan #2: Yeah, do I really need to hear this kind of stuff right before their album is released? FM's music has been the soundtrack to my life for nearly two-decades, and Mick Fleetwood wouldn't have added Burnette and Vito to the band if he didn't think they were capable of generating the same success as when Buckingham was involved.

Optimistic FM fan #1: Totally. We should give it time before we write off this album. There are 13 songs to go! I'm excited about Burnette and Vito, and I think they can take FM to a whole new level! I look for this new album to equal or surpass the success of Rumours!

Optimistic FM fan #2: Yeah baby, 20 million copies! That's what we do around here!
Old 10-17-2014, 01:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

He mentions at the end that they might pull one or two songs from the EP for the new album. He specifically mentions "It Takes Time" though he refers to it as "that one on the piano".
Old 10-17-2014, 01:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
He mentions at the end that they might pull one or two songs from the EP for the new album. He specifically mentions "It Takes Time" though he refers to it as "that one on the piano".
Why, Lindsey? Why?

Of course, Christine can do the piano parts instead of him, but still ....

Michele
Old 10-17-2014, 01:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Among the interesting parts given the current threads on here:

(starts around 30:00)
Stevie, I think, always felt a little more torn once she'd had that kind of success with solo work…..
[…]
but if the band came calling I think my….my sense of... 'duty' perhaps, but also just my sense of 'community', to being a band member in good standing, always, uh, precluded me saying "No, I'm gonna do this now, you're gonna have to wait" because, you know, Fleetwood Mac was not something to be taken lightly and is not something to be taken lightly. It's an incredibly, um, complex and heavy duty... cocktail of these 5 people… all of whom are very strong individuals on their own and it adds up to something, you know, greater than the sum of the parts. So I…you know on those occasions when I had been working on solo material and it was given over, I always felt that it was... appropriate. I mean maybe there was a level of reluctance, but still you know you have to make choices that you think are the right things to do.

[…]and again, if you call yourself a band member you've gotta to act like a band member. And there are compromises that must be made….and I learned that from day one of being in the band, you know […] I immediately saw what I could bring and I saw what I'd have to give up. And that's just something that you come to terms with... you know..and you should be happy about.

Now he totally glosses over his adjustment period being in a band though he does indeed get in a bit about how he had to change the guitar he used to fit in the band (though shockingly no mention of having to use a….pick!)

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 10-17-2014 at 02:11 PM..