The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-27-2012, 08:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

It's the second, maybe the third time this thing happens to me since December. I saw that you talked about migraine and maybe my actual problem correlates poorly with the argument, however since Sunday night I'm going crazy from the pain in my jaw and left ear. I can't even touch it. I had to take a painkiller, but it didn't works. Today I can't almost hear anymore and I have the sensation that in my ear there's a sheet of paper that makes noise when you move or crumple it. Even when I swallow I hear this noise.
My doctor said that my jaw could dislocate and prescribed me a bite and I started to wear it during the night (hoping it will solve my problem once and for all, but obviously I can't sleep well with that object in my mouth, I can't even close my lips and...imagine what happens if I sleep on my side ), but I guess the problem is the fact that 4 years ago I had to extract two molars on the left side, because of a stupid mandibular cyst. Then I left my city for two years and the dentist couldn't finish the work, which he did only three months ago, but the upper teeth had descended. Of course now I have the implant with two steel bolts and the two fake teeths, but I think my jaw just moved. I wonder if I'll have to live forever with this painful problem. And I think it's all my fault, even if the doctor said that I suffer from bruxism, and it worsened after me and my gf broke up.

Last edited by Chris_Lover; 06-27-2012 at 08:46 AM..
Old 06-27-2012, 09:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

^ I don't grind my teeth but I do clench my jaw when I sleep. I do wear a mouth guard at night, and it really does help.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Although...if she REALLY wanted people to like her...
Well played, sir.
Old 06-27-2012, 11:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin View Post
^ I don't grind my teeth but I do clench my jaw when I sleep. I do wear a mouth guard at night, and it really does help.
Me too. It does make it a little harder to completely close my mouth (don't want any spiders crawling in there ) but the benefit is so great that I don't care. I wake up feeling better and more rested than on nights where I don't wear it.

Unfortunately, mine broke in half, but I can still wear both halves.
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 06-27-2012, 12:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin View Post
I think I clench my jaw too and I don't gring my teeth, since they are still in perfect shape and not eroded. I don't know why I do it, I don't even realize it Stress and depression worsened it.
Now I'll have to wear this mouth guard (or "bite") too during the night...phew! I can't even close my lips, I look like a HORSE and I drool everywhere, it's disgusting! Tonight I read that after a year of using this mouth guard, a girl still has the same problem with pain in her ear and jaw. It seems that this problem affect specially young people. I don't even have all the four wisdom teeth, Mother Nature decided to give me only one of them, and it's not bothering me.
Doctors say that if you remove a wisdom tooth that doesn't hurt you, you could damage or modify the shape of the jaw and then start to have this kind of problems and pain, so people beware when you decide to extract a tooth or devitalize it to prevent intense hot and cold sensation. My mandibular cysts developed due to a bad devitalization done back in 1997. If I could go back knowing all these informations, now I wouldn't do it again.
Old 06-27-2012, 12:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaContestant View Post
Me too. It does make it a little harder to completely close my mouth (don't want any spiders crawling in there ) but the benefit is so great that I don't care. I wake up feeling better and more rested than on nights where I don't wear it.

Unfortunately, mine broke in half, but I can still wear both halves.
Oh, your message gave me some hope.... How long have you used it? Tonight was my second night and I feel a little bit better, but my ear still hurts like hell. Yesterday I couldn't even touch it, today I can almost "press" it, but it's still painfull. And this terrible heat worsen the situation
I couldn't sleep very well with the mouth guard and every 30/40 minutes I woke up...last time I woke up I remember I was biting on it very hard, because I was dreaming that I was eating potato chips and the potato didn't squeeze, so I was getting angry....then I woke up and I had this plastic "potato" in my mouth...I'm so dumb
Old 06-27-2012, 01:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Sorry you're having a bad day. How come you still haven't told us how your art show went?
Sorry....Just...Having a bad time of it lately with people. Whatever. Anyway..Show....Yes. Went well. I don't know how much interest there was in my work because I was supervising other areas, but I'm told people liked it. Had to leave around 8 though because stupid me over-indulged in the Wine. I don't drink, so it really did a number on me.

With my Dad, Brother and Sister-In-Law
Old 06-27-2012, 01:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool Still alive and still well...

avoiding the summer heat here in Hellhole, err, Oklahoma!

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 06-27-2012, 01:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Springs View Post
Sorry....Just...Having a bad time of it lately with people. Whatever. Anyway..Show....Yes. Went well. I don't know how much interest there was in my work because I was supervising other areas, but I'm told people liked it. Had to leave around 8 though because stupid me over-indulged in the Wine. I don't drink, so it really did a number on me.

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/a...ieBombal/1.jpg

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/a...ieBombal/2.jpg

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/a...Bombal/3-1.jpg

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/a...ieBombal/4.jpg

http://i201.photobucket.com/albums/a...ieBombal/5.jpg

With my Dad, Brother and Sister-In-Law

Hi Silver Springs, are these your creations? They're very beautiful and my favs are the one in the first pic named GNG, the one with Lindsey in the second photo and the purple woman in the middle in the last one. I'm not an expert on drawing techniques, but something reminds me of lithographs and modern fresco, but I'm sure I'm wrong! May you tell us about your works, where you get your inspiration and when you started painting? Maybe you already discussed it in the forum in the past, but I'm still pretty new to this place and I missed the topic.
Old 06-27-2012, 01:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Lover View Post
Hi Silver Springs, are these your creations? They're very beautiful and my favs are the one in the first pic named GNG, the one with Lindsey in the second photo and the purple woman in the middle in the last one. I'm not an expert on drawing techniques, but something reminds me of lithographs and modern fresco, but I'm sure I'm wrong! May you tell us about your works, where you get your inspiration and when you started painting? Maybe you already discussed it in the forum in the past, but I'm still pretty new to this place and I missed the topic.
Yep. These pieces are all mine. Thank you for your interest You wouldn't be wrong when mentioning frescoes, actually My work was originally based on the idea of religious frescoes and idolatry (It's been an evolving theme for the past few years. Throughout my artistic endeavours I have been fascinated by the idea of Idolatry, Allegory and Escapism. From a personal perspective, the term Idolatry means to favour another's existence beyond that of my own. Basically, to live vicariously through another to seek fulfillment through their own achievements. I somewhat accidentally stumbled upon the concept within my work of media saturation and resulting audience apathy when it comes to a celebrated figure. I came to this as a result of continuous experimentation with the same faces and a resulting apathy with my own work. This I feel links very well with my theme as it communicates the over indulgence we as a society have partaken in when it comes to the lives of the famous. It is my query within my worth whether or not this constant media presence is in fact cheapening not only their own image but the image of the product, organisation or other they're representing. My work represents this in its own way; feeding off of the celebrity obsessive culture to annihilate the idealised perception of celebrity. It relies on the idea of a media that is thoroughly saturated with celebrity imagery, receiving an ultimately apathetic reaction from a no longer convinced audience. Thus the need for consistent and prolonged change in order to maintain the audience interest and willingness to invest in the media machine. I use no expensive materials within my work, merely relying on found cardboard, wood and cheap paints in order to create the illusion of glamour. My final show is a collection of cardboard and cheap paper pieces, collated together in an otherwise neat fashion. Cheap and cheerful, presented as pristine and glamourised. I've been drawing and painting most of my life. I was the child that was always covered in paint with crayons stuffed into every pocket and an abundance of sketchbooks.
Old 06-27-2012, 02:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This shows that when someone is talented (as you) and have a good dexterity and imagination, she/he can create anything she/he want with the everyday materials.
Art doesn't necessarily have to be something reserved to rich people only, something very luxurious, but must be able to reach everyone's heart, feed the curiosity and imagination especially in young people like us. You know you can be a real inspiration for them. Youngster today are unfortunately moving away from art and culture, thinking it's "boring" or intended only for adults or older people. Very wrong.
You can create art with anything that comes in handy, but of course you must have some experience, so they'll have to study and dedicate their life to art, as you did.
I also support your perspective of "idolatry" as a form of inspiration, as long as you never forget that you are special too, and also the most important work of art among all those you have realized or will realize in the future
Old 06-27-2012, 02:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I wonder if people are aware they are looking at Lindsey Buckingham pics here?

Also I love the pic of your family. That's a beautiful dress you are wearing. You have a huge rack and your dad is one good looking fellow.
Old 06-27-2012, 05:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

It's Adam!! Do you do comissions? I want that painting!

Seriously, these are great - well done! I'm so impressed

Your work reminds me of my friend Jamie's work. He's an artists too and his primary interest is stardom/celebrity and he does fantastic paintings and is starting to make a name for himself in the local area. His last exhibition was well reviewed and had some great stuff. We keep meaning to collabortate on a project that combines his work and mine.

Great stuff here!
Old 06-27-2012, 06:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris_Lover View Post
Oh, your message gave me some hope.... How long have you used it?
Three years.
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 06-27-2012, 06:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodfather View Post
It's Adam!! Do you do comissions? I want that painting!

Seriously, these are great - well done! I'm so impressed

Your work reminds me of my friend Jamie's work. He's an artists too and his primary interest is stardom/celebrity and he does fantastic paintings and is starting to make a name for himself in the local area. His last exhibition was well reviewed and had some great stuff. We keep meaning to collabortate on a project that combines his work and mine.

Great stuff here!
haha. Well I do do commissions, actually. And that particular piece is for sale.

Thank you for your compliments. And you, Viv. It's greatly appreciated.

Ooo! He sounds interesting. Does he have a website?
Old 06-27-2012, 08:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaContestant View Post
Three years.
Oh no...now all my hope is gone...