The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-17-2014, 01:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Any questions to Stevie about a new FM album are definitely off the table. That's very telling in my opinion. Everyone else in the band responds to this question except her. Very telling. You're breaking my heart Stevie!
Old 10-17-2014, 01:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Why can't the press/media just ask them whatever question they want? It's no good when people control what they feel like answering; leads to big trouble outside the music industry in more serious realms.
Old 10-17-2014, 02:07 AM

LOL that sounds ridiculous.

May we ask about drugs? Yes
Sex? Yes
Going bankrupt? Yes
Having affairs? Yes
The new album? No!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-17-2014, 02:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
Any questions to Stevie about a new FM album are definitely off the table. That's very telling in my opinion. Everyone else in the band responds to this question except her. Very telling. You're breaking my heart Stevie!
It IS telling. It tells me that she's the only one working a solo project right now.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-17-2014, 02:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm happy to hear that Lindsey is feeling "circular." I liked hearing how he took "massive liberties" with Christine's songs. It sounds like they are enjoying a prosperous collaboration. I'm certain Stevie will get in the fray eventually; she has to much ego not be be involved.

I wonder what level of social interaction the band members have while they are on tour. You think that the comradery would strengthen Stevie's bond to them and provide a sense of motivation to work with Christine and the others.

Despite what the issues are, Stevie has always been loyal to the band. Lindsey had a strong hand in turning her songs into hits and classics. I don't think the high level of animosity assumed between them is that well founded. I feel Lindsey is sensitive enough to accommodate Stevie's wishes, and not take massive liberties with her songs. Dylan is her defense.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 10-17-2014 at 02:43 AM..
Old 10-17-2014, 04:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Doing the album means she will have to tour and not work on solo projects. She is running out of time and she knows it.
Old 10-17-2014, 05:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
What exactly is Stevie doing to promote 24K that you're so certain even the idea that Stevie might one day participate in a Fleetwood Mac album would take away from?
That's not even the point. They're working 24KG, they're not working a hypothetical Fleetwood Mac album. They're promoting the project where actual money has been invested, not the one fans want verified will happen right now. So we have to wait...Welcome to being a Fleetwood Mac fan....

Quote:
Why is it ok for her to tour with fleetwood Mac but coming to an agreement with her band mates is crossing the line?
We've all seen how well Mick Fleetwood keeps a secret, right. Stevie is already promoting Fleetwood Mac by being on the tour, is it too much to let her focus on 24KG and the photo exhibit?

Quote:
So she has to keep her schedule for the next year or two wide open because she's promoting an album right now?
I'd love to say that was a complete stretch. IYD could prove otherwise, but having Christine back also prove to be something completely different.

Quote:
The line of thinking defies logic because of how little attention it would really receive right now and how little she's actively promoting her new album.
So, only talking about that, doing the photo exhibit, and doing the various cameos on sh*tty talent shows have nothing whatsoever in terms of getting that album out? She talks about that, the art, her primetime plans every chance she gets, in addition to talking about McVie or Buckingham.

Quote:
While you may be an industry expert her veteran band mates don't seem to be aware of the concept.
They totally get the concept of band politics. Hell, studying them is how I became aware, and I've seen how it's applied in other situations.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-17-2014, 10:03 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think Stevie is not happy with the way FM is planning it's future and I'm quite sure Stevie would have been more inclined to be "On board" with a new FM record if they hadn't put off recording in favor of another tour...It's possible that a large part of the reason why she doesn't seem interested in recording (with FM) now is that if she commits to a new FM record she is also agreeing to another large scale FM tour (2016/ 2017 ?) and I really don't think she want's that at all...I do think all this touring could possibly effect the heath of the band but it seems that the surrounding infrastructure of managers, promoters and whoever else that gets a percentage of the profits are more concerned with maximizing cash flow.
Old 10-17-2014, 10:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

It'd probably be easier if Stevie's solo career just totally tanked and she wouldn't have to think about juggling it with FM. She just scored a top 10 album and it's already garnered a fair amount of critical acclaim. With what appears to be FM revving up the engines to go full tilt into becoming a "working band" again, can she, or is she willing to be on board? Does she finally have to choose between FM and her solo career? She's not young anymore and she's not getting the cocaine high to propel her(thank God). Will be very interesting to see how this all pans out.
Old 10-17-2014, 10:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Default LB on Christine, Stevie, FM, solo & new FM album (1hr audio)

Recorded last Wednesday in NYC after 2 MSG shows and before the Today show, an hr long interview with Lindsey discussing working with Christine again, relationship with Stevie, FM vs solo career (how unlike Stevie, he did not have to choose between 2 big machines pulling him in different directions), why folding solo material into FM doesn't bother him, his relationship with new bands and why he doesn't put himself out there on the market as a producer (not the most social person in the world, self-esteem issues), new FM material, how it sounds, and how he thinks it just has to be put out there (profound and all) etc etc -

http://www.fleetwoodmacnews.com/2014....html?spref=fb

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-17-2014, 10:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Thank you!

Crystallineknowledge
Dedicated to Stevie.
Old 10-17-2014, 11:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This looks great! Thank you!
Old 10-17-2014, 11:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Wait, so there's no talk of an album because it's a secret, and Mick can't keep a secret so Stevie doesn't say anything??

Since when is making an album a secret? IT'S WHAT BANDS DO. Hey, let's form a band and maaayyyybbbeeee one day we'll make an album but we can't teeeellll youuuuuu……..

They're a BAND. They've made a bunch of albums ALREADY. They even made an album without Christine! Now Chris is back and….well……I dunno…. maayyyybbbeeee we'll make an album but….shhhh

Ridiculous on the face of it. They're a band. It is nothing "unique" for a band to make an album. That's the business they're in. (oh but it's FM, etc etc. That's not my point. My point is, they're in the RECORD BUSINESS. So for them or anyone to act like the mere idea that a band might put out an album is a big secret business strategy is kinda ludicrous).

Ok, establishing that a band (generally speaking)making an album isn't a secret (that's like, hey, we opened a restaurant, and maybe we'll serve food but we can't tell you……..) let's think about this "Mick can't keep a secret" piece. Um, an album is already out in the public domain --- Christine has talked about it, Lindsey has talked about it. They've said they were recording. What, Chris sent Lindsey demos and he worked on them and they went back and forth trans atlantically working on them, then she flew to LA and they camped out in a studio with Mick and John---- for the hell of it?? They had money they felt like burning??

There's no cat to let out of the bag by mentioning the word (dropping my voice to a whisper) "album"

IT'S BEEN MENTIONED ALREADY!

The ONLY mystery (and I use that word sarcastically) is whether Stevie will get off her arse and make the album. Here's the thing: YOU'RE IN A BAND. Bands make albums. If you don't want to make a FM album, don't be in the band.

Ultimately, it smacks of ego. Greed. "I want TWO careers, dammit and I want them now and I want them exactly how I want them!!" (stamp foot). Well, like Lindsey, she needs to remember being in a band is not a dictatorship, it requires compromise. That's really where the sticking point is…. coming to some workable compromise on producer (or whatever else it is that's stuck in her/their craw).

Saying FM can't talk about even the idea of doing an album is absurd. Stevie saying nothing about being onboard with some future album with Chris is absurd. From a business perspective it's not going to cannibalize her solo sales. There are plenty of Stevie fans who buy all her stuff; there are plenty of FM fans who don't and won't. (Same for LB).

You're all pushing 70. Some of you have passed it already. All this coy sh&t and preciousness is embarrassing. Yes, you're a "legend". And yes, you over there, you're a "visionary". Now go make that last album.

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 10-17-2014 at 11:23 AM..
Old 10-17-2014, 11:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
I don't think the high level of animosity assumed between them is that well founded.
Sorry PenguinHead, I have to disagree with you on this one.

As for people saying Stevie can't talk about FM stuff coz she's promoting solo stuff, again, I'd recommend going back and looking at the last 30 years of her career. She's always talked about Mac stuff while doing solo stuff--- even if just to reassure people she was still in the Mac fold "Fleetwood Mac will be doing another album and I'll be heading off to do that when I'm wrapped up with this solo tour/album" or something along those lines. Every. Time. She's got a lot of the same management, the same label, not a whole lot has changed in that regard, so why saying she's "hoping" to work on the next FM project harmful? It isn't. It builds anticipation.

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 10-17-2014 at 11:34 AM..
Old 10-17-2014, 11:35 AM
Senior Ledgie

Great interview.

"Stevie will come in (in reference to the studio) at the end of the tour and we will finish this (in reference to the new album)"

Seems to be a pretty good confirmation of new music being completed.