The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-20-2007, 07:59 AM
Addicted Ledgie

FYI: There was a recent study where women who incorporated sprinting into their workouts lost 3x more body fat than those who did not.
Old 03-20-2007, 10:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I pulled a muscle in my right shoulder over the weekend doing stuff outside so I've been on the treadmill mostly. not really using weights or anything til my arm heals.

I ate Mahi Mahi last night for the first time and I really liked it. and I don't eat seafood. I was shocked and proud of myself. I'm trying to move towards eating as much non-processed food as possible. plus, I just got a 12-week program guide from RealJock. it seems really do-able. so, I'm really hoping my summer I will have lost all the weight I wanted to and then I can start on that 6 pack.

June 1 will be a year that I started this and I can't believe how far I've come. I just may have to eat Japanese hibachi to celebrate. lol.
Old 03-20-2007, 11:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber View Post

Siberian Ginseng has the unique ability to convert fat tissue back into carbohydrate in the blood. This effect is twofold: It reduces fat reserves and provides needed fuel in muscle tissue for both immediate energy and endurance during yoga.
At first, I read this as "convert back-fat tissue into...." Thanks for the info.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzeQuze View Post
FYI: There was a recent study where women who incorporated sprinting into their workouts lost 3x more body fat than those who did not.
You snarky bitch.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazmenFlowers View Post
I pulled a muscle in my right shoulder over the weekend doing stuff outside so I've been on the treadmill mostly. not really using weights or anything til my arm heals.

I ate Mahi Mahi last night for the first time and I really liked it. and I don't eat seafood. I was shocked and proud of myself. I'm trying to move towards eating as much non-processed food as possible. plus, I just got a 12-week program guide from RealJock. it seems really do-able. so, I'm really hoping my summer I will have lost all the weight I wanted to and then I can start on that 6 pack.

June 1 will be a year that I started this and I can't believe how far I've come. I just may have to eat Japanese hibachi to celebrate. lol.
I hurt my deltoid pretty bad a few months back - the MD I work with told me that my weights were too heavy. So I've cut back a lot on deltoid exercises (the ones I still do are very slow & cautious) & I'm careful about how much weight I use for each specific arm muscle. It's much better, but took a long time.

I don't know if I've ever had mahi mahi. I'm not big on fish. Shellfish I love, but I try to limit it cuz of the cholesterol. But I've found some really good recipes for fish lately, so I think I will give it a try.

I expect my Core Secrets crap to come in later this week/early next week. I'll let you know how I like it, Jaz. Hey - do you still like the Biggest Loser DVD?
Old 03-20-2007, 01:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I decided to look back through the 60 pages of this thread to gauge my progress - lovely that I was bitching about a plateau way back in October. Although, impressive that the thread is almost 6 months old & some of us are still coming here for info, support, progress reports, etc. Yay! "We're still doin' it!"
Old 03-20-2007, 01:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Are you teasing me?

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 03-20-2007, 08:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin View Post
I don't know if I've ever had mahi mahi. I'm not big on fish. Shellfish I love, but I try to limit it cuz of the cholesterol. But I've found some really good recipes for fish lately, so I think I will give it a try.

I expect my Core Secrets crap to come in later this week/early next week. I'll let you know how I like it, Jaz. Hey - do you still like the Biggest Loser DVD?
I never eat fish. can't stand seafood. but the mahi mahi was actually good.

The Biggest Loser dvd is starting to get way boring. at first I was loving the options, but I'm finding I don't use it much just cause...well...it's boring me.
Old 03-20-2007, 09:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
I never eat fish. can't stand seafood. but the mahi mahi was actually good.

The Biggest Loser dvd is starting to get way boring. at first I was loving the options, but I'm finding I don't use it much just cause...well...it's boring me.
It is good, I eat that whenever I go to Chico. They have a taco bar at this one Mexican/bar place, where I and a boyfriend worked once, where you can watch them make your shizz (all choppy and grilly and cooky and sexy, seriously, only cute guys at the Taco Bar) and fish tacos are one of their specialties. I always get a Mahi Mahi one, and then a salmon one. Then my best friend and her brother who I'm dating are grossed out cause they don't eat fish. Good times.
Anyway, Mahi Mahi is very mild mild. Delish, especially with guac.

Jazzy, you should get at least one yoga DVD, since you can buy them and stuff. You can't do all that hard exercise without stretching and moving the energy.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 03-20-2007, 09:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
. . . especially with guac.

I had some on Sunday at this cool place here that makes it at your table!

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 03-20-2007, 09:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Jazzy, you should get at least one yoga DVD, since you can buy them and stuff. You can't do all that hard exercise without stretching and moving the energy.
you're right. I do occasionally watch FitTV and do the namaste yoga program. but it comes on really late at night. I'll have to find me a yoga tape.
Old 03-20-2007, 10:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
you're right. I do occasionally watch FitTV and do the namaste yoga program. but it comes on really late at night. I'll have to find me a yoga tape.

Since you can afford to go to a gym or something, I recommend you take some good classes before. In yoga, alignment is very important to move the stuff. It's all about alignment and breathing. I went to some classes, and read a lot, and have an understanding of the alignment. Obv., you can feel it, too, once you know a little bit.

I'm not trying to be an asshole, I was actually thinking it would be especially good for you, because you strike me as...I dunno...someone who would be good at it, and really sink into it and understand it, body wise. You seem less the firey, kick ass, push it to the limit, play sports, be hyper athletic and active, exercise guy then most. I just have this sense that it would be, for lack of a better definition, "your sport". You're body even seems the right type to be pliable. Not that un pliable people shouldn't do yoga, or that yoga is a goal, but you know how if you can "accomplish" things, you will be more likely to do them.

I'm hella unpliable, which makes yoga like necessary therapy to me. My hamstrings will kick your ass, but only if you are within 3 feet of them, they are so unlimber. That is why I like yoga, because it is against my nature so of course I need it.

Also, this is just my learned opinion, but Virgos can usually use some chillling out, and some deep breaths. First because they are so prone to work hard and take on minute (my-nute) stress above their well being, to serve the purpose of the whole, second because Virgos tend to be health consciouse (sp) and want to take care of their bodies and eat well. They know that to truly disseminate facts, and to be all that they can be, to serve and conquer logically, and work HARD, they need to be healthy. Virgo is actually kind of the health sign. And you are actually the only "overweight" (cept, not now) Virgo I have ever met. And you are so Virgo in many other ways, this is like your last project. You were always meant to be healthy and conscientious. And now that you realize you deserve to have the best things your body can be fed, or do, I predict you will be in alignment with millions (or one, or whatever) of the goals you've always had in your mind. You haven't shied from all your other goals, you've met them and beyond (hello, you sang RTTG, and get along with lawyers so much that they are fighting for you to be in their office), so I'm sure at some point this will be no problem for you as well. Sometimes I am concerned about the fact that you don't like to play outside or exercise as much as I love, but I see that you are coming along, and realize the value, so that even if you slip, your sharp Virgo mind and natural discipline will have the tools to be back on track whenever you choose.

Sorry so long.

Last edited by amber; 03-20-2007 at 10:48 PM..
Old 03-21-2007, 08:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

^^^
I am such a Virgo.

thanks for the info. I 'ppreciate it!
Old 03-22-2007, 10:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Are you teasing me?
No, I just kept meaning to post that fact since I thought it was interesting! Oddly, it had nothing to do with you or your post!
Old 03-22-2007, 11:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
No, I just kept meaning to post that fact since I thought it was interesting! Oddly, it had nothing to do with you or your post!
Yeah, but you just posted that fact a week or two ago.
Old 03-22-2007, 12:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin View Post
Yeah, but you just posted that fact a week or two ago.
Well I'm losing my mind. Senility - early.
Old 03-22-2007, 02:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
And I thought you were teasing because when you posted that last time, I was all "I've known that for like, 10 years, I thought I already told everyone" semi snarkily. But with laughies. So I thought you were saying it again to tease me. See? See?