The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-15-2014, 12:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

As long as it doesn't fall through the cracks if Stevie doesn't come in and anticipate, I'm very heartened.

Michele
Old 10-15-2014, 01:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
I see both sides of the coin, though. I fully understand why Lindsey is annoyed- Christine has come back after a nearly 2 decade absence, and they are working on their first studio album with the 5 in nearly 3 decades. Why wasn't Stevie there, after all, she's always saying she's the last one who would ever end Fleetwood Mac.

On the other hand, Lindsey put up a multi year fence a while back so he could concentrate on his solo career. Stevie is simply doing the same thing herself. Except she's taken a mere fraction of that time to get her solo album banged out. She's even foregone touring behind it.

In any event, I'm glad to hear Lindsey is proclaiming with great certainty that this album WILL happen, and this whole timeline has been planned out since the beginning, and the adding of dates isn't going to change any of it. We rarely get such firm & inclusive reassurances for this band.
I don't think the timeline has been planned out. He said they never intended to finish it earlier this year, but it also sounds like they'll get back to it eventually. Adding dates pushes that eventuality back even though it doesn't change whether or not it happens.
Old 10-15-2014, 06:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew View Post
“We set it aside. Stevie will come in and participate. I have material I had been working on. There’s no danger that it will slip between the tracks. It’s too profound to.”

Buckingham hinted the band might tour behind new material. The current “On With The Show” concert tour features only songs from Fleetwood Mac’s hit-making era from 1975 through 1987’s “Tango in the Night,” the last album to feature Buckingham, McVie and Nicks with drummer Mick Fleetwood and bassist John McVie.

“Once we finish it,” Buckingham said, “we can think about going out and trying something new.”
oh Lindsey! honey!! sounds like 2009 tour all over again, doesn't it? or 2013.
after this tour we will finish the album and put it out. maybe. in a year. or 5. or never. but we have to!! i gotta believe that! it's too profound not to!

when summer 2015 rolls around and Stevie goes on solo tour, hopefully Lindsey will feel the need to compose Dancin' 2 and do another OMS tour, cause the time will open up, and he'll decide to fill it. hopefully he will do what he did in 2010 and 2012 when he wanted to do FM albums and some were not on board, as opposed to closing himself in the studio for years and decades like he did in the 80s and 90s.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-15-2014, 06:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Agreed. I simply don't believe it will happen as an album. Again: The Dance 2; Greatest Hits 2; Gift of Screws 2; Extended Play 2--all possible--but NOT Rumours 2. Sorry bout it.

Imagine paying $1000 to hear "Don't Dream It's Over" instead of "Go Your Own Way"

Fleetwood Mac helped me through a time of heartbreak. 12 years later, they broke my heart.
Old 10-15-2014, 06:47 PM
Registered

To bad we didn't get a date to expect it
Old 10-15-2014, 08:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by welcomechris View Post
To bad we didn't get a date to expect it
Because they're so reliable when they give us dates.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 10-15-2014, 08:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Because they're so reliable when they give us dates.
Oh that date we got from Mick saying that some of them would be in the studio in March was pretty reliable. He said that in January and look at everything that has transpired since.

http://www.ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/sh...ighlight=march

Now, that was when all the Stevie talked started, because we began wondering which band members would NOT be in the studio. At first I thought, "Oh, Stevie will be there. It's just that John won't be. And that's why Mick said that some of them, not all of them would be in the studio."

Others said, "Don't read too much into what Mick said. I'm sure all of them will be in the studio. Don't focus so much on semantics." As it turns out, Mick's wording raised a flag deservedly. His offhand comment in Hawaii was actually accurate, as was the speculation that Stevie would not take part.

We've had this discussion and it hasn't really changed. The only thing that has change is that when the topic had commenced, we expected to have confirmation that everyone was on board for the album by now.

Michele
Old 10-16-2014, 08:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsey is trending at #5 on yahoo today.

In a new interview with the Wall Street Journal to promote Fleetwood Mac's extremely successful comeback tour, Lindsey Buckingham talks at length about the band's new recording sessions and how the potential comeback album is progressing.

"Christine and I were able to concentrate on each other," Buckingham said of the pair's time in the studio the past few months. He noted that when the elusive British keyboardist rejoined the band earlier this year after a 16-year absence, she also brought piano and voice demos with her. "We were exploring some new turf. That became enlightening to me," he added, noting that Stevie Nicks had been unable to sit in on the sessions due to prior selfie-related commitments.

Have no fear though: Buckingham promises that Fleetwood Mac's members will all get to work on music together in due time:

We never envisioned finishing the album in the short term. We set it aside. Stevie will come in and participate. I have material I had been working on. There’s no danger that it will slip between the tracks. It’s too profound to.

The band plans to continue on their tour until March. There's no word on when a potential comeback album — their first since 2003's Say You Will — might surface, but click your heels and spin around three times while wearing a shawl and hope for the best.

http://www.spin.com/articles/fleetwo...ristine-mcvie/

Last edited by kak125; 10-16-2014 at 08:14 AM..
Old 10-16-2014, 08:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

In due time. Eventually. Good god these people are frustrating.
Old 10-16-2014, 10:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Hahaha! they are, aren't they? But let's be fair: I still squeeze my arm that they are together at all. And that there's been exciting times for some of them in the studio, and now for all of them on stage. It will be done...in time...

Old 10-16-2014, 10:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Time is the one thing they don't have on their side and this is compounded by the fact that they have to keep FIVE aging rock stars healthy at the same time...I think this plan of rake in the money now and worry about a new record later will backfire on the band and something be it either health or band politics will keep the record from being finished...If they had put the tour off by just 6 months they could have finished the record (even if it meant letting Stevie produce her own songs) and had a new record to promote and tour behind in 2015...If they had done this and it had been a positive experience for everyone ( hint "Stevie" hint ) then Stevie may have agreed to do another last FM record in 2018 but since profits are more important than product I seriously doubt any of this will happen.

Last edited by BlueDenimLamp; 10-16-2014 at 11:01 AM..
Old 10-16-2014, 10:55 AM
Addicted Ledgie

How can they be making an album when they're touring again ?.....
Maybe they should have begun an album after Stevie had finished a short tour. She does have an album to promote after all.
Instead they are touring well into the New Year.
Old 10-16-2014, 11:34 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
more than you can imagine
Old 10-16-2014, 11:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
How can they be making an album when they're touring again ?.....
Maybe they should have begun an album after Stevie had finished a short tour. She does have an album to promote after all.
Instead they are touring well into the New Year.
I dont see why not having a portable studio on hand on a bus.
They can park in the quiet woods somewhere and record on.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 10-16-2014, 12:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
I dont see why not having a portable studio on hand on a bus.
They can park in the quiet woods somewhere and record on.
That made me laugh so much, I can see it in my minds eye....deep in the dark woods something stirred......
Haha Haha .