Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-21-2002, 02:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

One quick comment.... I'm not sure about Lindsey or Rick's involvement, but Stevie's vocals are definitely apparent on "Heart Of Stone."

Johnny Stew
Old 08-21-2002, 03:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Smile BRIAN

Hmm, good questions, I guess I'd be inclined to leave out Black Cat Bones & Graham Bond (unless anyone else who has further info on these guys speaks up...now!) as it seems less likely to me that Weston had much (if any) involvement with either of these bands, at least the others around that time frame are more "documented" BUT in contrast we seem to have TOO much documentation for the Gillespie thing. Geez, I had never heard of that "two year" quote before. Well, if I was deciding, I guess I'd just assume that Weston must have left the band before the US tour (whenever that might have been, since a leaving date has to be on it, I would say 12/74) because he was definately in Howard Werth & The Moonbeams (not to mention this "heavy involvement" in the Murray Head band) in '75 as well as the Marriott All Stars deal but I'll go with whatever the majority says.

John
Old 08-22-2002, 12:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
why wasn't Stevie on the vid for Love Shines?
She wasn't in the band at the time.
Old 08-22-2002, 10:59 PM
Senior Ledgie

Oh lord here we go again...lol
Did you and tommer get together and decide to push this? How can you contribute a song AND sing backup on another song for the album and not be part of the band? How does that work? She was NOT "being courteous" or any crap like that, she was actively taking part in band recordings.
-Brian
Old 08-23-2002, 06:57 AM
Senior Ledgie

Default Re: Black Cat Bones

Quote:
Originally posted by wetcamelfood
Hmm, good questions, I guess I'd be inclined to leave out Black Cat Bones & Graham Bond (unless anyone else who has further info on these guys speaks up...now!)
For what it's worth, our bassist in Fleetfoot Mike used to hang out with Black Cat Bones, and was taught to play by Stu Brooks, their bass player and his friend. I had a chat with him about this last night, and he doesn't remember Bob Weston being involved: but, as he said 'I remember jamming and chatting in his front room a lot, with an awful lot of people with Les Pauls...'

Mal (our bassist) is trying to track Stu down (he went on to play in Leafhound and The Pretty Things, among others and was last seen playing with Greg Leon (ex-Quiet Riot) in Wishing Well): if he succeeds I'll get him to ask.
Old 08-23-2002, 10:22 AM
Senior Ledgie

Default extra live musicians...

IIRC Pete Frame uses a dotted rather than solid line to link live 'support' musicians (as per Chris's replacement for Time shows).
Old 08-23-2002, 10:54 PM
Senior Ledgie

Re: Time shows -
I was under the impression that the sole dotted line used on the chart (Peter Green) was used to indicate that he was there but only due to a technicality. Not really support... As to Time though, if you're looking at the version in which I had added Steve Thoma, I eventually took him out - all the others in the lineup are lead members.
Re: Bob Weston -
So you'd say he was just more of an associate than a member of BCB? Would make sense from the shady references...
-Brian
Old 08-24-2002, 07:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Smile Weston/BCB

Yeah, unless fleetfootmike can get some good info from Stu, I guess we should just leave Weston out of BCB for now. Any other thoughts on this anyone?

John
Old 09-02-2002, 11:32 PM
Senior Ledgie

Phew! Sorry for the long delay, but pre-FM Weston seemed to take forever! Take a look at the site, additions, corrections, what have you: http://www.geocities.com/bri3047/familytree.html

Can you believe it, (I thought we'd never get so far lol) WE'RE UP TO BUCKINGHAM AND NICKS!!! Bout frickin' time too, this thread was overstaying it's welcome on the *Rumours* board So is there anything pre-FM other than Fritz and BN?
-Brian
Old 09-03-2002, 01:49 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally posted by bjk3047
How can you contribute a song AND sing backup on another song for the album and not be part of the band? How does that work? She was NOT "being courteous" or any crap like that, she was actively taking part in band recordings.

Actually... despite the fact that Stevie didn't "officially" quit the band until directly after the Clinton Inaugural gala, she had pretty much said she'd never work with them again in 1991, unless Mick found a way of making amends for not letting her use "Silver Springs" on 'Timespace.'
So, all concerned seemed to consider her appearance on '25 Years - The Chain' to be a gesture of good-will, rather than part of the duties of an active band-member.

The same can be said of Rick Vito, who had also quit the band in 1991, but appeared alongside Mick, John, Christine & Billy, at the Super Bowl pre-game show, in 1993.

(By the way, Brian, the tree looks fantastic!!!)

Johnny Stew
Old 09-03-2002, 01:53 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

By the way, Brian, if no one else wants to do it, I'd be more than happy to submit a listing of every member of each of Stevie's solo touring bands.

I don't have much info on her band members' other projects though.

Johnny Stew
Old 09-03-2002, 05:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Smile

Johnny Stew - That would be a great big help to me if you could post the Stevie band stuff here as I'm still investigating Bob Welch's post Mac solo bands as I've run in to some problems deciding "who was in it when" etc. so it might help speed things up if you could do that while I look in to these other things OK? Thanks so much Johnny! Any help by ANYONE on this would be greatly appreciated (well, I think so anyways and I'm sure Brian would agree too).

Brian - Wow, this tree looks FANTASTIC! Only correction I could find was that the lead singer of Ashman Reynolds, her name is "Aliki" (I may have read it wrong and I do apologize if I did but it looks to me like you have "Alik" in there). I hope you can squeeze Head West in for Welch too (after 7S & before FM) as I say but I see how difficult things are getting for some of these things (like Hungry Figher etc.). Well, I'll keep thinking too and we'll figure out something in the end on those kinds of things I'm sure (but I know you say it's easier for you if we try and fix them now rather than later).

Anyways, the only other "pre BN FM stuff" that I can think of is the POST FM Welch unless you mean like before as wanting all of the 60's stuff on there first and working up to present day (hence why you've been putting the "pre" stuff for these guys but not the "post" stuff yet). There's the pre FM Dave Mason stuff (Traffic, Jaguars, Hellions, etc.) but I wasn't sure if that's what you meant. Oops, I just noticed that you were referring to pre FM stuff for LB & SN, sorry about that! I suppose with stuff like Billy being in Brenda Lee's band in the 60's, beyond that I don't have any other info on stuff like that anyways! I wouldn't know what to make of his "touring" bands (if any existed) in the 70's ("Jawbone", etc.). Well, I'll probably need to try and get some help on DM's solo bands from somewhere anyways so let me know what you think.

John

Last edited by wetcamelfood; 09-03-2002 at 01:09 PM..
Old 09-03-2002, 02:53 PM
Senior Ledgie

John: AHH! I completely forgot about Head West! It was a bit of a puzzle, but it fit in without too much movement. Check it out: http://www.geocities.com/bri3047/familytree.html
I guess it was just a bad screen capture, Aliki is indeed Aliki. Not to worry though, the actual tree is 46 x 70 INCHES! Not far off a real tree lol.
I really meant pre-FM stuff for LB and SN themselves. We'll get to Billy and Dave in due course.

Brian: Stevie tour lineups would be MUCH obliged! I don't know what kind of band she packed on off hand, but if indeed she had like 12 people, the principal 5-6 should do it. I wouldn't need the tour members' bands though, that would be one step too removed from the tree. And heck, I wouldn't mind getting LB OOTC up there too if you knew the lineup. That could be interesting, what with the guitar army lol
-Brian
Old 09-03-2002, 03:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Smile

Hey Brian, the Head West entry looks great! The only "correction" I noticed was that I guess it should say Jan "1970" for the start date (and not '71) as they did have their one and only album in 1970. I know those won't be the absolute correct dates but it would make it as correct as we can get it anyways under the circumstances.

I'll leave SN & LB up to Johnny Stew if he's game.

OK, I'll wait for the green light on Dave M & Billy etc.

Should I go ahead and post (what I can) on "post FM Bob Welch" (so it will be here for when you do get to that like we were saying before) though?

John
Old 09-03-2002, 09:11 PM
Senior Ledgie

Head West correction made, go ahead and list the Welch stuff at your leisure, it'd be good to get it down. When the SN and LB stuff is up, you have the green light for Billy, Rick, Dave, and Bekka.
-Brian