The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Lindsey Buckingham
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-05-2005, 05:04 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm always saying things I regret, it seems to be my specialty unfortunately.
Old 05-05-2005, 05:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackaghost
I'm always saying things I regret, it seems to be my specialty unfortunately.
Well you have the ability to apologise, even when it's not entirely required. That's a gracious specialty to have.
Old 05-05-2005, 06:18 AM
Lux
This message has been deleted by Lux.
Old 05-05-2005, 07:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

reading all of this has given me a headache

once again shows me y so many times when it comes 2 things like this & other opinions, i 'shutty', i mean this thread bcame brutal w/ gauntlents being thrown, very, very sad ~

Last edited by GODDESS6; 05-05-2005 at 07:07 AM..
Old 05-05-2005, 07:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux
F*ck you Joe. We weren't talking to you and you probably don't even know what we were talking about. Obviously it's just some bonus where you get to slap me in the face for no reason other than you'd like to join in. Is it fun or something? You acknowledge Nancy's ability to feel, everyone else's ability to feel, I guess you don't apply to same to everyone. It feels ****ing horrible when you're blamed for being too depressed to talk and then treated like some inferior scrap worthy of being left behind for it.
I can't complement Nancy and Sharon without including you in the same breath? I don't think you're really looking for any support from me on this debate or you would have talked to me, right?

Too depressed to talk to a friend but plenty of energy to evangelise us all with your 'born again bootlegger' revelations. I'd be saying this if it was you or Carnevaca or 'Mrs White' from Burnish. It's nothing personal.

Quote:
F*ck you Joe.
Well, it wasn't...
Old 05-05-2005, 08:21 AM
Lux
Old 05-05-2005, 08:43 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux
Sharon and I had equal differences and we can choose to reconcile without needing you to step in, trying to condescend me as you interfere with our choice. You go rushing to Nancy or whoever else takes a blow and then when it was recognised that something upset me, you want to undo the fact that I felt better about it by stating that I didn't even deserve it? What kind of civil behaviour is that? You're doing her gracious act a disservice. That is just hurting for the sake of it.

Don't you decide for me what I feel I can and cannot manage. It is personal. I am so much more angry than this sounds because that is one of the worst things an alleged friend can say. If you're struggling with 24 suicidal thoughts and taking refuge in any destructive activity possible then I'll let you decide if you're capable of a chat. If you don't want to, I won't bring it out blaming you and telling you you're some inferior mess to leave behind, particularly not after being asked to take it easy. I'm not interested in going to chat about these demos, it was just something to distract, I've got more important things going on and let me ****ing decide if I can talk or not. If this means anything to you at all then stop making me feel guilty about it and making me justify my inability to chat with you.
Too bad it had to be in a public forum I guess but thanks for finally opening up to me. My next (regrettably public) advice for a friend I care about is don't waste another second of your time in this bloody forum. I guess if I was not in a different hemisphere I would be doling out less advice and being more active. If you won't chat to me to let me know how you're doing and what you're doing about it, then I'm tempted to get in contact with P. or someone else. (Or, you can tell me to not try to help you out as a friend and '**** off', in which case I'll keep participating in this thread like anyone else and treat your posts like anyone else's.)
Old 05-05-2005, 08:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Wheee - have never been bleeped on here before.
Old 05-05-2005, 09:13 AM
Lux
Old 05-05-2005, 09:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux
Wait, one thing, who's 'P'? It's ok, you don't have to do anything but thankyou. I was saying vague things over here because that's exactly my point, I'm really not good with the talking thing. There's not a lot you can do in that situation.
Not sure what is up, going on here. But, there seems to be a way to vent, and some help needed. Depression is no joke and I hope that you can find someone local to help you some way. On these forums when you are working out things for yourself, and maybe you come off differently typewritten, I worry that you are going to become worse for the effort. If you need to pm, I am an old well medicated exhippie who has been there, done that.
Old 05-05-2005, 09:28 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

It should be a public service announcement. 'The LB Forum is not the answer!'
Old 05-05-2005, 09:48 AM
Lux
Old 05-05-2005, 10:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation Woah.

I need to go lie down.
Old 05-05-2005, 10:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Lux, I apologize for the blah, blah. I didn't realize you're repeated posts in this thread were being driven by other issues besides the original topic. If you want to talk outside the forum, I will listen. As a courtesy to everyone let's chat elsewhere. That's all I meant when I said, give it a rest. People do care, they just aren't sure what to make of this whole thread now that things have gotten too personal. Sorry for adding fuel to the fire.

Now back to our original programming.
Old 05-05-2005, 11:10 AM
Addicted Ledgie

God, what a bunch of drama queens.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-05-2005, 11:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD
God, what a bunch of drama queens.

And kings...let's not discriminate please..haha.
Old 05-05-2005, 11:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux
If you're struggling with 24 suicidal thoughts and taking refuge in any destructive activity possible then I'll let you decide if you're capable of a chat.
The book to read is William Styron's "Darkness Visible: A Memoir of Madness," published in 1985.

Old 05-05-2005, 12:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David
The book to read is William Styron's "Darkness Visible: A Memoir of Madness," published in 1985.

I read this on your recommendation, and it was a good book. It is well written and it takes thought to read it...not just for entertainment, you know? But, now, I like the other one, the "Lie Down In Darkness" by him, better, the distinction being that "Lie Down" is a novel, that he wrote about depression and the human drama associated with it, while "Memoirs" is a drier read, chronicling his own depression many years later. I think that "Lie Down" was his first novel?? Set in the 40's or 50's?
Old 05-05-2005, 01:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by seeknpeace
And kings...
He who posts to the thread wears the crown. Welcome aboard, sir.

So, what's the latest on this LB cd everyone's been talking about?