User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-14-2005, 02:28 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
Bull****. You simply don't remember and act as if you know what you're talking about to cover it up. You know exactly where I stand in regards to invading Afghanistan .
Fine, you are right - I cannot remember. So, let's hear it again. Don't tell me you are suddenly afraid of being loquacious

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 02-14-2005, 02:28 PM
Lux
This message has been deleted by Lux.
Old 02-14-2005, 02:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brwn_eyes0511
Oh I know a great deal about anger. When thousands of American's are killed because of terrorist attacks on our country.
How about terrorists attacks within our own country by Americans? You know, that actually happens MUCH more than vice versa. And speaking of foreign terrorism, how about our terrorism in Iraq? I think there was a nasty little prison scandal a few months ago that people are already forgetting... Ah well, can't account for memory.
Old 02-14-2005, 02:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind
Fine, you are right - I cannot remember. So, let's hear it again. Don't tell me you are suddenly afraid of being loquacious
Hardly. I just don;t like when you state something as fact when it comes ot things I've said that you're obviously wrong about.

We should have been in Afghanistan a week after the attacks. But that wasn't conducive to Bush's needs.

Old 02-14-2005, 02:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default I did modify my position

Quote:
P.S.: I despite dubya and Reagan as much as the next guy, but advocating assassination is assinine. Dubya becomes a martyr to all the bible thumpers and creates sympathy for his sorry ass and then Cheney is officially in charge of the country??? Not a good idea- not to mention that the use of guns (and the advocacy of violence) is abhorrent.
True, once again, I let my anger get the better of me. Jason asked me if I was recanting, and I will say for the record that I regret having said that bit about assassination. The last thing I would want is for Dumbya to be a Martyr. AND, I agree murder is wrong. So, I apologise for the assassination comment. I STILL SAY this country needs a different President, and that Reagan and Bush Light are responsible for the plight of the most vulnerable members of our society. And Jason, the Dems were only in control of the congress for the first 2 years of Clinton's term and the legislation that I am referring to is BUSH's agenda, not the stuff from Clinton's term of office. so please dont confuse the issue. This thread was about the hidden costs of BUSH's agenda. My beef is with the CRAP that the Republican controlled congress is churning out.
Old 02-14-2005, 02:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffdweller
How about terrorists attacks within our own country by Americans? You know, that actually happens MUCH more than vice versa. And speaking of foreign terrorism, how about our terrorism in Iraq? I think there was a nasty little prison scandal a few months ago that people are already forgetting... Ah well, can't account for memory.
I remember it very well, and it's something that shouldn't have happened! But also, who has been behind most of these little scandals that have been going on in Iraq, be it the prison scandal or the recent mud resettling?!? WOMEN!

Just another reason I side with Ann when it comes to women in the military.
Old 02-14-2005, 02:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I remember it very well, and it's something that shouldn't have happened! But also, who has been behind most of these little scandals that have been going on in Iraq, be it the prison scandal or the recent mud resettling?!? WOMEN!

Wha!?! Where did you get that information?
Old 02-14-2005, 02:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Where did this gross misogyny (not to mention red herring) come from all of a sudden?

Last edited by cliffdweller; 02-14-2005 at 02:44 PM..
Old 02-14-2005, 02:42 PM
Lux
Old 02-14-2005, 02:44 PM
Lux
Old 02-14-2005, 02:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Is there anything on which you don't side with Ann?

Old 02-14-2005, 02:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux
I was going to point out how outright misogynistic it was but I think with this person's statements we can rule out any sympathy for that issue.
You're probably right. I fear the day brwn_eyes decides to breed. And if he's reading this...please....don't.
Old 02-14-2005, 02:56 PM
Lux
Old 02-14-2005, 02:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
Hardly. I just don;t like when you state something as fact when it comes ot things I've said that you're obviously wrong about.

We should have been in Afghanistan a week after the attacks. But that wasn't conducive to Bush's needs.
Good there you have it. ANd when you say "We should have been in Afghanistan" exaclty how do you mean that. Do you mean an all out air assualt, a covert ops, etc.

Also, though I cannot prove it, I remember you initially being against invading Afgan. in any way. That is from where I was drawing that.

Old 02-14-2005, 03:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux
Let's hope that they're boys, for their own sake.
I always wish gay children upon total right wingers - that they may finally know compasion or something...though I guess that could backfire and then the kid would be treated like absolute ass by their parent...
Old 02-14-2005, 03:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishgrl
True, once again, I let my anger get the better of me. Jason asked me if I was recanting, and I will say for the record that I regret having said that bit about assassination. The last thing I would want is for Dumbya to be a Martyr. AND, I agree murder is wrong. So, I apologise for the assassination comment . . .

GROUP HUG FOR THE PRODIGAL MARY

While we are there - we need to remind her that the D party is just as evil as the R party despite her rose colored glasses

Old 02-14-2005, 03:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Good there you have it. ANd when you say "We should have been in Afghanistan" exaclty how do you mean that. Do you mean an all out air assualt, a covert ops, etc.
I don't think an all-out air assault would have been conducive to finding Bin Laden, but I certainly don't think we should have skipped in their and politely knocked on doors.

Quote:
Also, though I cannot prove it, I remember you initially being against invading Afgan. in any way. That is from where I was drawing that.
Never.

Old 02-14-2005, 03:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Last I checked - the D's were in control of the Senate for awhile there during W's term and legislation got through

and my point, again, is the R's may have foisted it on us because the though came from them, but the D's were willing participants - I cite the DOMA as proof - Clinton lauded over that travesty as he did with Don't Ask Don't Tell, which is assinine and now hypocritical because our troops serve side by side with openly gay Royal troops.
Well........ It would be nice (and naive) to think that politicians are going to vote based on their principles, however (and I know you know this, which is why I am so baffled when you use these types of points), politics is based on compromise, sometimes grudgingly so.

I am far more concerned with the origin and advocacy of legislation, rather than those politicians that are, for all intents and purposes, forced to vote for distasteful legislation due to political realities.

So, with that in mind, the republicans are far, far more responsible for the evils of what we face today. Yes, I would prefer that we have democrats with balls to spare that would shred the **** out of those creeps. However, that ain't gonna happen as long as there are 50,000,000+ morons who will vote based on fear.

My point? I prefer to NOT delude the fight against republican evil by dulling it down with democrat culpability. And, no, I don't think that this point leads me to hypocrisy.
Old 02-14-2005, 03:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default Well, look at Cheney's family

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerDeanna
I always wish gay children upon total right wingers - that they may finally know compasion or something...though I guess that could backfire and then the kid would be treated like absolute ass by their parent...
I think our dear VP had to backpedal quite a bit on the homophobic position he had been taking. Take it from me, it IS possible to backpedal a bit, it wont hurt ya