Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-12-2005, 02:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffdweller
I love these movies too!!

Did you notice the awesome Nancy Wilson cameo in Fast Times?
Yup! I just got the DVD for Christmas.
Old 01-12-2005, 02:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Another one: "some kind of wonderful" Eric Stoltz, Mary Stuart Masterson and Lea Thompson lol...

A friend gave me this movie and said I reminded her of Watts (Mary Stuart M.) - and that she'd had a mad crush on Watts ever since she say the movie lol..I was flattered and have loved the movie ever since
Old 01-12-2005, 02:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerDeanna
Another one: "some kind of wonderful" Eric Stoltz, Mary Stuart Masterson and Lea Thompson lol...

A friend gave me this movie and said I reminded her of Watts (Mary Stuart M.) - and that she'd had a mad crush on Watts ever since she say the movie lol..I was flattered and have loved the movie ever since
Some Kind of Wonderful is awesome!!!

I'm a psycho Gilmore Girls fan, as umm...everyone on the planet is aware of, and I was THRILLED like a little dork when one of their exchanges this season was this:

LORELAI: Tonight?

LUKE: Are you free?

LORELAI: Yeah, I'm free.

LUKE: Good. 7:30.

LORELAI: What are we gonna do?

LUKE: I've got some thoughts.

LORELAI: Alright, but no taking me to an art museum after hours and then to an empty Hollywood bowl where you give me a pair of diamond earrings that you bought with your college money when all the time you're really in love with your best friend, the drummer, who's posing as our driver for the evening.

LUKE: [pause] Okay, I'll think of something else.

Quote:
Then you should be well acquainted with the "king of the echo people" and "the power of positive thinking" seminar!
HAA! Totally. You and I are probably definitely the only Ledgies who can quote that entire film!
Old 01-12-2005, 03:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayley

I'm a psycho Gilmore Girls fan, as umm...everyone on the planet is aware of, and I was THRILLED like a little dork when one of their exchanges this season was this:

LORELAI: Alright, but no taking me to an art museum after hours and then to an empty Hollywood bowl where you give me a pair of diamond earrings that you bought with your college money when all the time you're really in love with your best friend, the drummer, who's posing as our driver for the evening.

OMG - great stuff - I wish I could watch Gilmore Girls - but I don't have any stations that carry it
Old 01-12-2005, 03:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerDeanna
OMG - great stuff - I wish I could watch Gilmore Girls - but I don't have any stations that carry it
If you have Netflix or a spare $50 laying around, rent or pick up the first season on DVD. It's so solid, and it's the sweetest, smartest, funniest show I've ever watched. You'll become addicted. Seriously. I never, ever thought it'd be the kind of show I would watch at all, let alone freak out about.

Oh, and seconding (or thirding!) the love for Fast Times & The Lost Boys! Vampire Kiefer!
Old 01-12-2005, 03:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I love these movies too!!

Did you notice the awesome Nancy Wilson cameo in Fast Times?
Oh my, watch The Lost Boys and then watch Near Dark with Lance Henriksen and Adrian Pasdar. Both came out the same year, only a week apart from each other, and Near Dark flopped. But it's the best vampire movie ever made. It kicks so much ass that I can't even describe it.

Old 01-12-2005, 03:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

HAA! Totally. You and I are probably definitely the only Ledgies who can quote that entire film!
Haley - I caught that too! LOVE Gilmore Girls, I got Season 1 on DVD for Christmas & I'm about 6 episodes in (I missed a lot when it first aired.) GREAT! And it's down to about $35 or $40.

BTW - Some Kind of Wonderful - YAY! Great flick!
Old 01-12-2005, 03:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin
Haley - I caught that too! LOVE Gilmore Girls, I got Season 1 on DVD for Christmas & I'm about 6 episodes in (I missed a lot when it first aired.) GREAT! And it's down to about $35 or $40.

BTW - Some Kind of Wonderful - YAY! Great flick!
YAY!! The first season is the best. I got Season 2 for Christmas, and it's great. I love Jess, and Season 2 has Jess in all his glory. I only wish there were better special features on the sets.
Old 01-12-2005, 03:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

(continued)

The Last Outlaw
Old 01-12-2005, 03:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
YAY!! The first season is the best. I got Season 2 for Christmas, and it's great. I love Jess, and Season 2 has Jess in all his glory. I only wish there were better special features on the sets.
So is it in its third season now? I never watched it because it looked lame to me and then one nite it was the only thing on so I watched it and I was pleasantly surprised by how good it is! I'll have to try to get the DVDs because I also thought the show was really smart and sweet without being cloying. I've only seen it a few times though.
Old 01-12-2005, 04:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SuzeQuze
So is it in its third season now? I never watched it because it looked lame to me and then one nite it was the only thing on so I watched it and I was pleasantly surprised by how good it is! I'll have to try to get the DVDs because I also thought the show was really smart and sweet without being cloying. I've only seen it a few times though.

Heeheehee - no, it's in like it's 5th or sixth season, but only 1 & 2 are out on DVD. I was like you - caught an ep here & there, really liked what I saw but for a while it was on at the same time as some other show I was watching, so I wasn't an avid viewer.

They are also airing reruns on cable - Family Channel maybe? I'll have to check. The DVDs are great, you won't be disappointed.
Old 01-12-2005, 04:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
They are also airing reruns on cable - Family Channel maybe?
Yeah, every weekday after The 700 Club.

Old 01-12-2005, 04:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
Yeah, every weekday after The 700 Club.
Shut up, jerk!

Even though you're probably right...
Old 01-12-2005, 04:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Shut up, jerk!

Even though you're probably right...
No, I'm serious. Every weekday after The 700 Club with Pat Robertson!

Old 01-12-2005, 04:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Heeheehee - no, it's in like it's 5th or sixth season, but only 1 & 2 are out on DVD. I was like you - caught an ep here & there, really liked what I saw but for a while it was on at the same time as some other show I was watching, so I wasn't an avid viewer.

They are also airing reruns on cable - Family Channel maybe? I'll have to check. The DVDs are great, you won't be disappointed.
Yep, it's the fifth season right now. I started watching it the same way- an episode here or there, always liking it but always forgetting about it. Then we got a copy of the soundtrack at work, and I realized that any show that had the Pernice Brothers, Bjork, PJ Harvey, Joey Ramone, Ash, The Free Design, Grant-Lee Phillips, Slumber Party, and all these other amazing bands had to be cool... and Sam Phillips, my favorite female artist ever, scores the show.

I rented the first season DVDs and went crazy. SuzeQuze- I DEFINITELY recommend checking out the DVDs.

And diss- shut up It's on every day at 10:30AM and 4:00PM on ABC Family. I've been able to catch up on all the ones I've missed through the reruns. (And you know, ABCFamily is actually legally REQUIRED to air The 700 Club in their contracts, since Pat Robertson was the original founder of the Family Channel and made it a clause for anyone running the channel!)