User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-02-2012, 03:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepless-Child View Post
Oh my God no i haven't heard of that, my Marlene fandom is kind of new, but i'm trying to learn more about her. I ordered her daughter's book, can't wait to read it, don't know if you have...
I'm actually more familiar with her music than her movies, though the Blue Angel (especially!), The devil is a woman, Morocco and Judgment at Nuremberg are some of my favorites.
I admire what she's done during WW2, but somehow, it's not what i find the most interesting. Her relationship with her homecountry, however...
Damn i think i could talk about her for hours.
There are loads of stories about her, like a plot she had to kill Hitler. Surely that had to be a myth. Oh no I haven't read it, I have been meaning to get her own book myself though. Aaha I haven't been a fan for that long either, but I have always been obsessed with old Hollywood so i tend to "discover" new people that fascinate me so much. I did a mini spam of her pictures on tumblr earlier.
Old 04-02-2012, 03:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wild-heart View Post
There are loads of stories about her, like a plot she had to kill Hitler. Surely that had to be a myth. Oh no I haven't read it, I have been meaning to get her own book myself though. Aaha I haven't been a fan for that long either, but I have always been obsessed with old Hollywood so i tend to "discover" new people that fascinate me so much. I did a mini spam of her pictures on tumblr earlier.
Well, many of those stories are completely crazy. But it feeds the legend.
Yes, i love the Golden age of Hollywood also, it's kind of like my 60's-70's in music .
Could you give me the link of your tumblr please?
Old 04-02-2012, 04:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well, many of those stories are completely crazy. But it feeds the legend.
Yes, i love the Golden age of Hollywood also, it's kind of like my 60's-70's in music .
Could you give me the link of your tumblr please?
I know I love the crazy stories. The Bette and Joan feud makes me laugh so much. Some of the things are silly.
Ofcourse
http://shesgotbette-daviseyes.tumblr.com/

p.s that video made me laugh so much :L.
Old 04-02-2012, 04:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I know I love the crazy stories. The Bette and Joan feud makes me laugh so much. Some of the things are silly.
Ofcourse
http://shesgotbette-daviseyes.tumblr.com/

p.s that video made me laugh so much :L.
Damn i love Bette Davis AND Bette Davis eyes!
Thanks for the link.
Have you heard about that rumor that says that Marlene and Greta hooked up? And then Marlene humiliated her or something? Craaazy.
Old 04-02-2012, 04:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Damn i love Bette Davis AND Bette Davis eyes!
Thanks for the link.
Have you heard about that rumor that says that Marlene and Greta hooked up? And then Marlene humiliated her or something? Craaazy.
Bette Davis is my favourite actress EVER. Adore her.

Yes i did hear that they hooked up. LOL. Marlene was bisexual and everyone knows about the Garbo sexuality rumours. How did she apparently humiliate her though? I haven't heard that :O
Old 04-02-2012, 04:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Bette Davis is my favourite actress EVER. Adore her.

Yes i did hear that they hooked up. LOL. Marlene was bisexual and everyone knows about the Garbo sexuality rumours. How did she apparently humiliate her though? I haven't heard that :O
Your tumblr page is great, and you love Bob Dylan.

http://garboforever.com/Did_they_have_an_affair.htm
Old 04-02-2012, 04:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Your tumblr page is great, and you love Bob Dylan.

http://garboforever.com/Did_they_have_an_affair.htm
Thankyou and yes I adore him. Brilliant writer.

:O If that is true then that's sad. How different does Garbo look on that picture.
Old 04-02-2012, 04:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Thankyou and yes I adore him. Brilliant writer.

:O If that is true then that's sad. How different does Garbo look on that picture.
Well that book doesn't explain much and who knows what happened between the two of them?? But a lot of people said that Marlene was kind of evil.
For example, but you might know, this was found in her appartment in Paris after she died :

Old 04-02-2012, 04:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well that book doesn't explain much and who knows what happened between the two of them?? But a lot of people said that Marlene was kind of evil.
For example, but you might know, this was found in her appartment in Paris after she died :

Yes people do say she was a b*tch. Apparently her daughters book doesn't paint her in a good light. Is that Meryl Streep? Or am i being stupid? I just read a rumour that she hated Madonna and Meryl.
Old 04-02-2012, 05:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes people do say she was a b*tch. Apparently her daughters book doesn't paint her in a good light. Is that Meryl Streep? Or am i being stupid? I just read a rumour that she hated Madonna and Meryl.
Yes it's Meryl . I love Meryl .
Yes, i read that too. Woops. Please don't stop loving Marlene!
Apparently Madonna was kind of a huge Marlene fan, so that must have been a bummer for her...
Old 04-02-2012, 05:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes it's Meryl . I love Meryl .
Yes, i read that too. Woops. Please don't stop loving Marlene!
Apparently Madonna was kind of a huge Marlene fan, so that must have been a bummer for her...
I love Meryl too.
Ahahah nothing could stop me loving Marlene.
Oh i know, I love Madonna ahaha like love Madonna A LOT so how gutting for her. Apparently Garbo didn't like her either. Kind of ironic because they are all mentioned in her song Vogue which is an homage to her favourite actors/actresses.
Old 04-02-2012, 05:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I love Meryl too.
Ahahah nothing could stop me loving Marlene.
Oh i know, I love Madonna ahaha like love Madonna A LOT so how gutting for her. Apparently Garbo didn't like her either. Kind of ironic because they are all mentioned in her song Vogue which is an homage to her favourite actors/actresses.
Yeah i know you love Madonna, i don't post much on The Ledge but i'm kind of...around .
I like Vogue. But i think it's hard for ladies of the 30s or 40s to really understand the message of a (provocative) woman like Madonna, who has very different values from theirs. I know Marlene was "avant-garde", but Madonna? Yeah, they are basically from different worlds.
Old 04-02-2012, 05:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yeah i know you love Madonna, i don't post much on The Ledge but i'm kind of...around .
I like Vogue. But i think it's hard for ladies of the 30s or 40s to really understand the message of a (provocative) woman like Madonna, who has very different values from theirs. I know Marlene was "avant-garde", but Madonna? Yeah, they are basically from different worlds.
LMFAO so I guess you have saw me around stating how much I love her and how I have spent a fortune buying tickets to go to both of her UK gigs.

Oh yes, I totally get that. I guess they probably think she is "a bit too much" Bloody hell imagine if they could see some of the girls now, they make Madonna look like a nun...well maybe not that far but you know what I mean. :L
Old 04-02-2012, 05:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
LMFAO so I guess you have saw me around stating how much I love her and how I have spent a fortune buying tickets to go to both of her UK gigs.

Oh yes, I totally get that. I guess they probably think she is "a bit too much" Bloody hell imagine if they could see some of the girls now, they make Madonna look like a nun...well maybe not that far but you know what I mean. :L

I indeed saw you around stating how much you love her and how you've spent a fortune buying tickets...

Weeeeeeeeell, after watching her last video for "Girls gone wild", i think that Madonna is still the popular Queen of provocation, along with Lady Gaga (Ooooh Marlene would have destroyed her after watching the "Alejandro" official video). But at least they have something to sell and they are talented, you know, not like, say, Kim Kardashian. Or Paris Hilton. Or whatever..
Old 04-02-2012, 05:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I indeed saw you around stating how much you love her and how you've spent a fortune buying tickets...

Weeeeeeeeell, after watching her last video for "Girls gone wild", i think that Madonna is still the popular Queen of provocation, along with Lady Gaga (Ooooh Marlene would have destroyed her after watching the "Alejandro" official video). But at least they have something to sell and they are talented, you know, not like, say, Kim Kardashian. Or Paris Hilton. Or whatever..
LMFAO whenever I think about how much I have spent on Madonna stuff I just think oh well i don't drink and I don't do drugs so I have to spend my money on something. lol.

She looks so hot in that video. Urgh don't like gaga. I used to but some of her fans on twitter are vile. They act like she invented breathing and everyone who is living is now copying her. So lame, also last week the day before MDNA released they trended everyone buy BTW so Madonna wouldn't get number 1. #minirantover :L