The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 10-27-2013, 03:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Yeah, but why address it all to Lindsey, when he's not the one who's sick? This sounds like a goodbye to me. I hope not.
Old 10-27-2013, 03:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
If I'd been at the show and hadn't heard the rumors and I heard that dedication I don't know what I would have thought.

Ha, I just know that John wanted them to leave him alone and not do anything gooey to him. That's why I want to hear what Stevie said in WY. She couldn't get too sentimental, but she probably tipped her hand a little anyway.

Michele
I think WY got dropped.

You got a sweet heart
Never will you be replaced
Old 10-27-2013, 03:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by danax6 View Post
Yeah, but why address it all to Lindsey, when he's not the one who's sick? This sounds like a goodbye to me. I hope not.
I guess they didn't do Say Goodbye. That would have been a doozy to watch.

Well, even if the intro is intended to be a goodbye things can change. But it sounded like a goodbye to Lindsey and not FM, right? If it sounded like a goodbye to Lindsey, we know it's not that. She'll be arguing with him about something or another soon enough. If I heard it and hadn't heard about John, I wonder if I would have thought there was a danger to LB's health. I guess it would depend on what her behavior towards him during the rest of the show was like.

CAD we were talking about Mick saying 18 months and maybe this is why. Maybe he was thinking that John needed 6 months to recover. So, he said 18 months and not a year. That's also why, if it's true that Chris said she would join the tour in LATE 2014, that is so. Because they knew the first half of 2014 would be occupied, but they are hoping that things will be ok for the last half.

Michele
Old 10-27-2013, 03:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Catdancer View Post
I think WY got dropped.
OK. I know someone posted a list of the songs that didn't make it and I lost track.

Michele
Old 10-27-2013, 03:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
OK. I know someone posted a list of the songs that didn't make it and I lost track.

Michele
reposting:

Without You
Gypsy
Eyes
Say Goodbye

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 10-27-2013, 03:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej

Well, even if the intro is intended to be a goodbye things can change. But it sounded like a goodbye to Lindsey and not FM, right? If it sounded like a goodbye to Lindsey, we know it's not that. She'll be arguing with him about something or another soon enough. If I heard it and hadn't heard about John, I wonder if I would have thought there was a danger to LB's health. I guess it would depend on what her behavior towards him during the rest of the show was like.
She starts thanking the band, Fleetwood Mac, and then tears up and thanks Lindsey. Safe to say that had it not been for him she wouldn't be where she is today, so that makes sense. It did sound like a goodbye to Fleetwood Mac to me. But I do hope there's truth to the 2014/Christine rumors (in more ways than one), so that we can assume they are approaching this with optimism and hope.
Old 10-27-2013, 04:00 PM
Senior Ledgie

This theory makes me sad - I really hope there is NO saying goodbye, yet.
Old 10-27-2013, 05:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That's why I want to hear what Stevie said in WY. She couldn't get too sentimental, but she probably tipped her hand a little anyway.

Michele
I guess they're saying the time factor may have had something to do with the songs being dropped, but I don't think she could have gotten through WY and Say Goodbye. Lindsey got visibly choked up and she did a little the night before on SG.

Quote:
Quote:

If I heard it and hadn't heard about John, I wonder if I would have thought there was a danger to LB's health.
Quote:
She starts thanking the band, Fleetwood Mac, and then tears up and thanks Lindsey. Safe to say that had it not been for him she wouldn't be where she is today, so that makes sense. It did sound like a goodbye to Fleetwood Mac to me. .
Goodness, it didn't sound like any kind of goodbye to me. It just sounded like she is recognizing how important people are in light of the situation with John and wanted to publicly share how important Lindsey is to her. She's been trying to do that the entire tour in the WY intros and since they didn't have that moment, she made this a little more personal.

Quote:
CAD we were talking about Mick saying 18 months and maybe this is why. Maybe he was thinking that John needed 6 months to recover. So, he said 18 months and not a year. That's also why, if it's true that Chris said she would join the tour in LATE 2014, that is so. Because they knew the first half of 2014 would be occupied, but they are hoping that things will be ok for the last half.

Michele

Could be, Michele. I guess throwing a random number out there is possible, but it just seemed like there was a pretty specific reason for putting it like he did.
Old 10-27-2013, 05:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I don't see it as a final goodbye, I think she was just emotional because - as optimistic as we all may be -the reality is there's a possibility it COULD be the last show (god forbid). And I guess for whatever reason, she wanted to make sure Lindsey knew all of that, in case they never stepped on stage as Fleetwood Mac again.

Additionally, news like this often punches you in the gut and makes you reevaluate all of the relationships in your life. John being ill was likely a reality check that none of them, herself and Lindsey included, are infallible. I could easily see that prompting her to speak out her gratitude as she did. Although I think the passing of her mother had much of the same effect, it still isn't quite the same as when someone your own age and on your own "level" per say falls into a tragic circumstance. That's when the "it could have been me" or "it could have been you" sort of feelings really start to bubble over. Gives you a new perspective and makes you realize how important people are in your life.
Old 10-27-2013, 08:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
I guess they're saying the time factor may have had something to do with the songs being dropped, but I don't think she could have gotten through WY and Say Goodbye. Lindsey got visibly choked up and she did a little the night before on SG.
Imagine when we get a close up of Lindsey's face during the Landslide intro. Well, if he heard her. He was nodding, but we don't know.

Michele
Old 10-27-2013, 09:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Imagine when we get a close up of Lindsey's face during the Landslide intro. Well, if he heard her. He was nodding, but we don't know.

Michele
If we get one. It's pretty slim pickings this leg for the interaction moments.
Old 10-27-2013, 09:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
I don't think she could have gotten through WY and Say Goodbye. Lindsey got visibly choked up and she did a little the night before on SG.
Do you have a link to the video of SG? I don't think I saw it.
Old 10-27-2013, 09:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
It's in the 10/23 thread. But it's not the full song.

Michele
Old 10-27-2013, 09:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
http://youtu.be/Dp790_zgvSI
Old 10-27-2013, 09:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Stevie actually let it slip during the WY intro in Sweden, ( @ 7:43 ) that she was glad she only had to do the intro one more time. I wondered why she said that. Now I know.