User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 07-05-2010, 02:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanne2 View Post
I don't recall seeing this one before. Nice!
Old 07-05-2010, 04:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLadyLoki View Post
I had thought he had waxed off his chest hair, but holidayroad told me once that it just went gray and it'd be harder to see then.
He may not have to bother with waxing at his age...
Old 07-05-2010, 06:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I had thought he had waxed off his chest hair, but holidayroad told me once that it just went gray and it'd be harder to see then.
I think it's the flash from the camera making it harder to see. He had some when I saw him on the last tour.

... this is the weirdest fûcking post I've made here.
Old 07-06-2010, 07:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Nope I didn't. I meant the Rumours one in those vids for Dreams and Don't Stop. Still, that one looks a bit better cause at least he's wearing another color underneath. Y'know I just realized something: no matter how dressed up he is, he'll never wear a tie. What's up with that? Does it cover too much chest hair?
Lindsey + Ties!!!

Lyndsay???????

Last edited by holidayroad; 08-10-2010 at 01:40 PM..
Old 07-06-2010, 07:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Old 07-06-2010, 07:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by holidayroad View Post
Lindsey + Ties!!!

Lyndsay???????
Still, I'm very used to him without a tie, but it looks like during the Go Insane period, he wanted to cover up his chest hair for some odd reason, but after that, the ties went bye-bye. Wonder why...

And at :56 in the Holiday Road vd, is it just me or does his eyes matc that Windex in the cup?And at 1:22, is that Mick Fleetwood?

You can add me on Facebook

Last edited by MissLadyLoki; 07-06-2010 at 07:40 AM..
Old 07-06-2010, 07:45 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Still, I'm very used to him without a tie, but it looks like during the Go Insane period, he wanted to cover up his chest hair for some odd reason, but after that, the ties went bye-bye. Wonder why...

And at :56 in the Holiday Road vd, is it just me or does his eyes matc that Windex in the cup?And at 1:22, is that Mick Fleetwood?
His eyes totally match whatever is in the cup! I always loved that. At 1:22, it's not Mick, but I think the guy is supposed to 'represent' him. Looks like LB was trying to say that being in the Mac was like being 'imprisoned'.
Old 07-06-2010, 08:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
His eyes totally match whatever is in the cup! I always loved that. At 1:22, it's not Mick, but I think the guy is supposed to 'represent' him. Looks like LB was trying to say that being in the Mac was like being 'imprisoned'.
I heard all these crazy things about the lyrics of Holiday Road having this deep meaning to them, but people have gotta realize it was written as the theme song to a comedy about a family going on vacation. As for the music vid, I always thought of it being that it is hard to get out of work and go on vacation.

As for the guy, he does look a bit more like Osama Bin Laden now, but that would mean Lindsey knew him long before 9/11, but whatever. His eyes matching the Windex is still the bst part.

Old 07-06-2010, 08:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
I heard all these crazy things about the lyrics of Holiday Road having this deep meaning to them, but people have gotta realize it was written as the theme song to a comedy about a family going on vacation. As for the music vid, I always thought of it being that it is hard to get out of work and go on vacation.

As for the guy, he does look a bit more like Osama Bin Laden now, but that would mean Lindsey knew him long before 9/11, but whatever. His eyes matching the Windex is still the bst part.

I really never thought of Holiday Road having any special meaning. Even though the lyrics have greatly improved on the last two solo albums, Lindsey's lyrics for his past solo songs seemed more like afterthoughts. Like he just threw them together to go along with the great instrumental he just wrote.
Old 07-06-2010, 08:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I really never thought of Holiday Road having any special meaning. Even though the lyrics have greatly improved on the last two solo albums, Lindsey's lyrics for his past solo songs seemed more like afterthoughts. Like he just threw them together to go along with the great instrumental he just wrote.
I heard once that he thought of his solo work as an opportunity for him to play mad studio scientist and do cool instrumental work, but he probably thought "Oh yeah, I gotta put in some of those damn lyrics" and just threw a bunch of stuff in at the last minute.

I've actually heard some B-sides from Tango in the Night that were mostly instrumentals. Is it just me, or since TITN was originally gonna be his solo album, that those songs were works-in-progress that never got lyrics?

Old 07-06-2010, 09:06 AM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by goldustsongbird View Post
I think it's the flash from the camera making it harder to see. He had some when I saw him on the last tour.

... this is the weirdest fûcking post I've made here.
best. post. ever.
Old 07-06-2010, 01:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

OK, not quite Bucky, but I must ask something in regard to this pic: is it just me, or do Mick and John have identical twins (I've heard of everyone having a twin in the world, mine having gone to my junior high school and had people do everything from ask me if I had a sister to have a teacher mistaken me for her in the hall once, but the resemblance is ridiculous)? Is it trick photography?

http://****yeahlindseybuckingham.tum...eahstevienicks

Old 07-06-2010, 01:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't think the lyrics have any meaning and the prolonged dog barks at live concerts just bring them down further. But I think the video is about more than a vacation. To me, it talks about the rat race as a whole, just being a cog in a wheel. Mechanical obedience. Really, it goes along with "Wrong" to me.

Michele
Old 07-06-2010, 02:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I don't think the lyrics have any meaning and the prolonged dog barks at live concerts just bring them down further. But I think the video is about more than a vacation. To me, it talks about the rat race as a whole, just being a cog in a wheel. Mechanical obedience. Really, it goes along with "Wrong" to me.

Michele
That sounds pretty logical to me. Besides, I heard he had zero creative imput in the vid, so it was probably the director's idea to do this rat race thing ad Lindsey just played along.

Last edited by MissLadyLoki; 07-06-2010 at 02:23 PM..
Old 07-06-2010, 03:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
OK, not quite Bucky, but I must ask something in regard to this pic: is it just me, or do Mick and John have identical twins (I've heard of everyone having a twin in the world, mine having gone to my junior high school and had people do everything from ask me if I had a sister to have a teacher mistaken me for her in the hall once, but the resemblance is ridiculous)? Is it trick photography?

http://****yeahlindseybuckingham.tum...eahstevienicks
Aha! I always forget the Tusk video wasn't the first appearance of cardboard John. They're cutouts.

I wonder if Stevie practiced on the Mick one before...