Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsfan View Post
He plays guitar too.
Ziggy plays guitar.
Old 11-25-2013, 12:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Why were all of her pictures dark and blurry anyway? I know she had some better pictures than that.
I always wondered why no one else ever said this.
Old 11-25-2013, 12:57 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsfan View Post
Yes, you already mentioned, several times, how excited you get at other peoples' misery.
Why do you keep picking on the newbie? Let her hate Carol Ann if she wants to.
Old 11-25-2013, 01:02 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynne View Post
Some of it's called a dark sense of humor people. I don't hate her, I just loathe her. Don't you know someone in life or a celebrity you loathe? I am sure you can pick one out. It's kind of like, when you watch Miley lick everything, you kind of loathe her? It's how I feel about Carol added with a sense of humor. She sucks and she is a liar. Period
Quote:
When Miley Cyrus is naked & licks a hammer it’s “art” and “music”.. but when I do it, I’m “wasted” and “have to leave Home Depot”
http://annadoeskorea.tumblr.com/post...cyrus-is-naked

When did that episode of that plastic surgery show first air?
Old 11-25-2013, 01:13 AM
Ledgie

I don't get off on "other" peoples misery. However I sure do on Carol. One person. Singular not plural. A little less reading? I don't think so, I am enjoying everything I missed out on and am getting to the truth of everything. My thrill over her misery has faded, I am now reading other posts about a different FM topic. Thanks for the concern. Since you went over every word with a fine comb. I will break it down. Drum roll....... ANGER.... Sadness.... Thrills and chills.... Wild Excitement..... Massive dark humor....ALL in a moment. It's gone and I am steady, but I still think Carol is pitiful and pathetic as a female and human being with a massive nose. I say this because she went to all that trouble to fix her face but left two holes in her nose that beer bottles could fit in..... Namaste
Old 11-25-2013, 01:27 AM
Ledgie

[QUOTE=Nico;811724]Interesting. So Stevie isn't a natural blonde. I'm wondering if that was her decision or if Lindsey was as controlling then as he apparently still is (what with the SYW clothing demands)

Can someone answer what the SYW clothing demands were about?
Old 11-25-2013, 01:58 AM
Ledgie

When did that episode of that plastic surgery show first air?[/QUOTE]
I think I heard it was 2003 but I think I am way off, I don't even want to think about what she looks like in 2013-14. Strange she ended with with another music guy who looked a lot younger than her. Like 20 years younger. Someone told me there is a video of her wildly crying on some talk show as well about her looks? Not positive though. I wish I would have read this thread before I read the book, I never would have read it.
Old 11-25-2013, 04:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Can someone answer what the SYW clothing demands were about?

Lindsey apparently has a thing for grandmas.
Old 11-25-2013, 09:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
I always wondered why no one else ever said this.
A few did, but it gets overlooked for other more conversation worthy topics. Maybe she just didn't have her glasses on when she took them. It's sad to think those were the only pictures from those years she was able to publish.

Also, I know it's all about Carol but I liked Stevie's SYW sweater.

Last edited by CADreaming; 11-25-2013 at 09:27 AM..
Old 11-25-2013, 11:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iktomi View Post
I try not to get too interested into the lives of Fleetwood Mac members, but I did receive this book as a gift and gave it a read. I'm a fan of Lindsey Buckingham the musician. And I think the man himself is personally interesting, as far as I find any other genius musician goes. So let me just put that out there first. Yet as someone with various experiences and knowledge on domestic violence, this book was of more interest to me in that regards, especially considering Harris' mindset when she wrote it.

Autobiographies deal mostly with perspectives (in other words, every autobiography is going to have inaccuracies and subjective accounts). While I felt that the author exaggerated in areas for effect and was likely inaccurate in her details, I personally didn't feel that she was lying about Lindsey being an abusive man during this time period. Not only by what she says explicitly, but rather implicitly as well. His characteristics and behaviors, without her even meaning to at times, really do describe the behaviors associated with men who are abusive. He had control and anger issues, and those issues have been documented/corroborated by others as well. Some of his lyrics also seem to reflect this mindset, and while not something you should rely on exclusively, the way he held her (the stern hugs (holds rather) around her neck) and his sometimes aggressive nature in bed seem to be consistent with the body language of abusive men. So much of what I read from Harris herself, her behaviors and mindset, are similar to that of victimized women as well. She blamed herself a lot, and forgave him way too easily; and even when the book was written, had a habit of apologizing for him (which shocked me, honestly). She never really took him to task for his abusive behavior or provided any sort of reflection on being a victim of abuse.

If you want to focus on proof, she did provide outside witnesses that could have easily discounted her allegations. Two of the moments that stick out to me were moments where the band members saw Lindsey abusing Carol. I don't remember either of them clearly (so I could be off), but in one scene, Carol describes Lindsey angrily threatening and pulling her towards their vehicle. Carol goes on to describe that as Lindsey was pulling her, she saw Stevie's concerned reaction (this actually touched me as I also read it as "knowing" reaction on Stevie's part, who I think from experience knew what Carol was going through.) If I remember correctly though, Carol expressed how it looked as if Stevie was going to possibly intervene but her friends seemed to have pulled her away. And everyone else just basically looked the other way.

The other moment I remember was when she described how Lindsey was dragging her by the hair in the car right in front of Christine, and when Lindsey let go and left, Christine, clearly shakened, helped her up afterwards. I don't remember what really happened after that, but I'm pretty sure Lindsey probably apologized and Carol accepted it, but nobody held Lindsey accountable for that (which is a totally different discussion). But what struck me with that scene was how after he first hit her, Carol ran after him basically trying to explain and justify herself (again, typical behavior patterns within abusive relationships)

Not only does she show that there were witnesses to this violence, but it really demonstrates their mindsets. Most woman, if slapped or hit, aren't going to run to the man who hit him and trying to explain or justify themselves, begging for him to listen. She constantly excuses him, and rarely demonizes him for his actions.

I'm not trying to start any sort of argument about Lindsey Buckingham (personally, I believe abusive men can be rehabilitated), but I think people should be a little more aware of the realities of domestic violence, and the mindsets involved and should not be so quick to dismiss her story on those accounts. We're all fans of FM and should be aware of the biases we have going into reading this. Sociologically, her description of the pattern of reactions and behaviors seems pretty consistent throughout. And not to criticize Harris, but she doesn't seem creative enough to be able to make all of this up, especially considering how much she reveals without even meaning to.

Anyway, my two cents.

Also, thought I'd throw this in here considering the topic:

http://www.hiddenhurt.co.uk/warning_signs.html

http://www.helpguide.org/mental/dome...es_effects.htm
I agree with your assessment that abused women take up for their abusers and hide proof, I've even seen it happen first hand. Also, please understand this. I'm NOT OK with ANY Form form of abuse, whether it be to a man, woman or child and whether it be physical or mental. I think all abusers should have to suffer the same kind of abuse they gave to their victims.

But honesty the degree of physical abuse and the amount of people that Carol claims either witnessed the abuse or saw her bleeding an bruised shortly there after makes me doubt her.

She claims that after the incident of Lindsey pulling her hair out while driving away in his car, she went bloodied an bruised to a hotel and that the guy at the desk just asked her if she was OK?!?!? He never said/did anything else, just gave her the keys to her room and let her go on her way?

She even claims her OWN DAM* DOCTOR KNEW she was being abused by Lindsey and HE NEVER DID ANYTHING? Just gave her fatherly advice that she needed to get out of the relationship !?!? If it was like she claims (and she said he beat her pretty badly) if her own doctor didn't at least TRY TO INTERVENE and she ended up DYEING, THAT'S A LAWSUIT WAITING TO HAPPEN. MAYBE EVEN AN MALPRACTICE CASE AS WELL.

According to Carol's book EVERYONE knew of the abuse (accept the police) and NO ONE talked to her about it or tried to help her in any way, NOT EVEN HER OWN FRIENDS?!?! I mean WTF is that about ?!?!

Plus like I said before there are SO MANY obvious gaps in her book, it's hard to know what really happened. There are so many stories she brings up and then drops. Again like what Lindsey said/did when he found out about Mick and Stevie's affair (my guess is he flipped) and also what he said/did when he found out about Robin's death just to name two of them.

Whether she left significant parts out of her book on purpose, because her memory was fuzzy or maybe she didn't remember some incidences altogether (because she was too stoned) only she can say. But if her memory was fuzzy or she can't remember some incidences it only reinforces the fact that her stories maybe skewed, and if she left the stories out on purpose then that shows that there was a lot more to the story than Carol is willing to tell/admit too.

I'm not saying Lindsey is a great guy. I believe he can be a total and complete nightmare to be around when he wants to be. I'm also not saying the abuse didn't happen or that it couldn't have happened and everyone IS ALLOWED to tell their story. But if you are going to bash someone in a book (and she clearly was bashing Lindsey in this book) then you better make sure your facts are straight and that you come clean with EVERYTHING YOU DID TOO or it is makes your story less believable and makes it appear that your mad you got dumped and this is just payback.

Last edited by Deeshere; 11-25-2013 at 04:21 PM..
Old 11-25-2013, 01:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I am sure a lot of women on this board had the same thoughts running in their head when they saw that video. I am very very angry at this book. I am in the middle of it and see so many bad things and when I saw the footage clearly showing all her lies I became very angry. I hate liars, and I thought at first she was telling the truth, and I got very excited to see her a little miserable for all the misery she caused with this book. Its very hurtful and full of misleading things. I was reading parts of it to my son and now none of it or half of it is true, so yeah it made me really angry. It made me look at Lindsey in a bad light and now I don't know what to believe. These people were my hero's so carol sucks pretty bad IMO, but yes I would rather concentrate on the good of FM. I should have never ever read this book. I kind of cried at the parts where she claims he abused her. I had a different image in my head about Lindsey all these years and she pretty much left a question mark over everything that is him. Also, after skimming through this whole Carol thread I see a lot of the same views about Carol so I won't loose to much sleep over bashing her
Honey STOP, STOP STOP... I'm not a fan of Carol myself and I was shocked by a lot of what I read in her book. But to be fair we don't know how much of it is true or not true.

You want to concentrate on the good of FM...Uh..mmm... well honestly except for the amazing music I'm not sure there was a lot of good behind the scenes. The band did contribute to several charities though so that's good.

Don't take everything you read in the book so hard, I think Carol left A LOT of information out about what really happened OUT and I'm still not convinced Lindsey beat her up like she clams.

I think it's clear that Carol got WAY too caught up in Lindsey's fame and CLEARLY ENJOYED the perks of being his girlfriend TOO MUCH. I'm not even talking sexually (though I'm sure that was amazing) Carol obviously enjoyed the power she had being Lindsey girlfriend, she was also the envy of thousands of women all over the world (that's a major ego trip in it's self) and I'm sure the money and traveling was really nice too.

Lindsey claimed back in the 80's that he HAD TO HAVE CAROL REMOVED FROM HIS HOUSE, because she REFUSED to leave. Lindsey also mentioned in an interview back in the 90's that Carol was still calling him and wanting to get back together with him up until 1995. So to me all of this makes her story very suspicious, but in NO WAY does is make her a liar. Lindsey could have very well done everything she claims he did.

I don't want this post to appear like I am blaming the victim, and trying to vindicate the abuser, but I'm just not sure Carol is THE VICTIM. To me until she tells THE WHOLE STORY and NOT JUST PARTS OF IT. I have to hold what she says about Lindsey as unsubstantiated, and suspect and I can't truly believe it. However, if I'm proven wrong I will be the FIRST one to admit it and take back everything I've said about her.

Last edited by Deeshere; 11-25-2013 at 01:33 PM..
Old 11-25-2013, 02:44 PM
Ledgie

Lindsey claimed back in the 80's that he HAD TO HAVE CAROL REMOVED FROM HIS HOUSE, because she REFUSED to leave. Lindsey also mentioned in an interview back in the 90's that Carol was still calling him and wanting to get back together with him up until 1995. So to me all of this makes her story very suspicious, but in NO WAY does is make her a liar. Lindsey could have very well done everything she claims he did.

Wow I had no idea of those incidents. It sounds like this woman sadly has some major issues. I Had my 5 min of making fun of her but I guess I feel sorry for someone so un-together with themselves. I think maybe a tiny bit of abuse happened but I have a gut feeling she may have brought out some bad sides with Lindsey. Dealing with a person who is on drugs and out of control can't be easy and it seems like she got out of control. Sometimes people just snap. I do not think Lindsey is an abuser at all. Heck I have lost my temper and chased one of my husbands down the road in a car while he was on foot running. Its clear after reading this whole thread that the book is lacking the whole truth etc and I am just going to shrug my shoulders about it and throw it away. I wonder if Carol ever read these threads.
Old 11-25-2013, 02:53 PM
Ledgie

Sorry one last question. Lindsey made Stevie wear the sweater on the cover for SYW? Is there some big story behind it? Did Stevie not want to? Also there is a poster this has a line on all their posts that quotes Lindsey as saying "She has an something femininity" Was he referring to Stevie? Also in the go insane song when he says "She's a lot like you" Was her referring to Stevie and Carol?
Old 11-25-2013, 03:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

What ever happened to the kitty that her "love knew no bounds about?" I wonder if she took the kitty with her when she moved out.