The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-18-2012, 09:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It would be nice if just once, one of my female friends would put the toilet seat back up after using the bathroom in my house.
Old 01-18-2012, 11:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
How many of us still use cassettes.I got 1000 of them.
The last cassette I played was my first copy of Bella Donna, and I bet I haven't listened to that one in over 15 years. I was never a fan of cassettes, even when they were the main music format.
Old 01-19-2012, 05:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

I don't know why I even bother making plans with these two friends. A while we've had them, yet they're perfectly fine with cancelling the night before because their boyfriend and girlfriend are more important. We don't get to spend much time together. They see their other halves all the time.
Old 01-19-2012, 11:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Springs View Post
I don't know why I even bother making plans with these two friends. A while we've had them, yet they're perfectly fine with cancelling the night before because their boyfriend and girlfriend are more important. We don't get to spend much time together. They see their other halves all the time.
Codependency. It's a terrible thing.
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 01-19-2012, 12:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
That's HOW I started taking my vacations by myself. I had a songwriting friends(we would attempt to write together), who would always make these Nashville plans with me. He went a few times, but then started changing his mind, up to even the evening before our departure. I finally said f*ck it, and started going by myself(when he canceled out, with only a few hours notice). And I have a better time!!! I can go do what I want...eat where I want...

People, can by terribly unreliable creatures.....
Old 01-19-2012, 01:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh I couldn't agree more with this! My friends know that if they cancel on me a few times in a row we may well fall out. It can't be helped now and again of course but all the time - absolutely not!

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
That's HOW I started taking my vacations by myself. I had a songwriting friends(we would attempt to write together), who would always make these Nashville plans with me. He went a few times, but then started changing his mind, up to even the evening before our departure. I finally said f*ck it, and started going by myself(when he canceled out, with only a few hours notice). And I have a better time!!! I can go do what I want...eat where I want...
STOP BEING ME!! Although my last fantastic holiday last year was with a friend, he's very reliable and it was different kind of holiday than I normally do. I usually holiday alone so I can just go where I want and do whatever I please and don't have to worry about others cancelling or that near the time.
Old 01-19-2012, 02:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dodfather View Post
Oh I couldn't agree more with this! My friends know that if they cancel on me a few times in a row we may well fall out. It can't be helped now and again of course but all the time - absolutely not!

STOP BEING ME!! Although my last fantastic holiday last year was with a friend, he's very reliable and it was different kind of holiday than I normally do. I usually holiday alone so I can just go where I want and do whatever I please and don't have to worry about others cancelling or that near the time.
STOP BEING ME! My oldest and best friend developed a bad habit of standing me up for dinner. We'd make plans, then he'd no show on me. About the 3rd time, I was over it. Avoided him like the plague for about a month. He finally was like, "what did I do wrong?" WHAT DID YOU DO WRONG? He quickly learned that you don't leave me standing at some restaurant on the other side of town, REPEATEDLY, because you forgot about our plans(yes, things do happen, and people occasionally forget, but....it was becoming all too common).

Yeah, I actually like going by myself better, for the most part. My friend that I used to go on vacation with, was picky, and would only eat at certain places. It basically had to be a steak house, and he wouldn't try anything new. I think we all know my thing for trying new foods and restaurants!!! He has contacted me in the recent past, about going again. Honestly, I'd rather just go by myself!

I used to get a little lonely, but with technology now, not so much. Friends are always texting me, so it's almost like being with them, since we're constantly interacting.
Old 01-19-2012, 05:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
It would be nice if just once, one of my female friends would put the toilet seat back up after using the bathroom in my house.
We are just so inconsiderate when it comes to our ablutions!!!!!
Old 01-19-2012, 05:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by McTrouble View Post
We are just so inconsiderate when it comes to our ablutions!!!!!
Wouldn't equal rights entail "fairness of lid"? If we put it up, to not pee on it, for your happiness, is it too much to axe, that you put it back down?

50/50!!!!!

Old 01-19-2012, 05:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Wouldn't equal rights entail "fairness of lid"? If we put it up, to not pee on it, for your happiness, is it too much to axe, that you put it back down?

50/50!!!!!

I never understood the whole toilet seat debate. If you're that lazy that you can't lift the toilet seat on your own, rather than relying on somebody leaving it up, then unscrew the bloody thing and do without. The cold porcelain ought to change your mind.
Old 01-21-2012, 02:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I admit I used to enter daily about 5 years ago for the HGTV Dream Home they were building in beautiful Islamorada, Florida in the Keys before I ended up moving down here anyway. But tell me, from the looks of it would you seriously like living out in the middle of nowhere land even if it was a multimillion dollar home fully furnished but in the middle of Utah??? I don't care how nice it is, no thanks...
Old 01-21-2012, 03:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fringed n fab View Post
I admit I used to enter daily about 5 years ago for the HGTV Dream Home they were building in beautiful Islamorada, Florida in the Keys before I ended up moving down here anyway. But tell me, from the looks of it would you seriously like living out in the middle of nowhere land even if it was a multimillion dollar home fully furnished but in the middle of Utah??? I don't care how nice it is, no thanks...
Me too. I grew up way out in the country, far away from everything, and.it.sucked. But then 10 years of living right downtown, was enough of that, too! Now, I'm semi-rural, but only 5 minutes from town. Best of both worlds!

I can be at Kroger's in 5 minutes, but can still go naked in my yard. #Freedom! lol
Old 01-21-2012, 02:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

JTIS...

That I just cleaned my car off and shoveled the driveway with Ashley...got my exercise for the day LOL Now Sitting on the couch next to the fire drinking some iced coffee =)

P.S. I HATE SNOW

~Love, Caitlin~
Old 01-21-2012, 02:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
LOL That makes sense

~Love, Caitlin~
Old 01-21-2012, 03:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I have procrastinated for the entire day. You would think that I have no work - I have so much to do! I'll regret this tomorrow.