The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-07-2014, 01:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Based on the two additional song titles referenced in today's Billboard article, song titles for the new album potentially include:

Red Sun (CM/LB)
Carnival Begin (CM/LB)
Too Far Gone (CM/LB)
How I Feel (CM/LB)
Hunger (LB)
In My World (LB)
Is It Right (LB)
Lay Down For Free (LB)
On With The Show (LB)
Up Your Speed (LB)

Last edited by BlueLight; 05-07-2014 at 03:25 PM.. Reason: Removed Family Man remixes.
Old 05-07-2014, 01:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny Stew View Post
Very true, very true. We should note, though, that Stevie hasn't talked about her album at all either. The only info we've gotten about it has been from Dave Stewart and Mick.

So my view is that it's not necessarily a bad or troubling sign that she hasn't discussed Fleetwood Mac's album. She's been mum regarding both projects.
She has, but the others haven't. So there's no reason for her to not acknowledge that "her band" is recording and that she won't be with them right now, but will maybe next year after the tour. If you read the new Billboard interview with Lindsey and Christine, they seem to just be under the assumption that she will join them eventually. It doesn't sound like there's a mutual agreement in place about it. I'm sure they have good reason to assume that though. At the moment it doesn't sound like they really know when they're going to go back and finish the album and that the timing of it depends on how much interest they receive about it.
Old 05-07-2014, 01:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
In another thread (in the Rumours forum) there's an interview (audio) with Lindsey talking about what they've been doing at the Village Recorder. He says they've been there for 8 weeks altogether, him and Christine, and the goal has been to get Chris up to speed and back on track with writing and recording with him/FM and that's what they've done. So it makes sense-- at least to me-- that Stevie wasn't there. It was more like, you guys go to the Village Recorder and get Christine all spooled up and I'll be in Nashville with Dave getting myself and MY music spooled up and at some point when we all come back into the studio together as FLEETWOOD MAC we will all work together to create a FM album". It doesn't sound like the goal in LA was to create a FM album at all, but to help Chris blow the dust off and be ready when they DO go in to put together an album. At least that's my take. YMMV
The new billboard interview sheds some more light on that that basically refutes much of this theory. They clearly have been in the studio to record an album. They've laid down the tracks for 8 songs (not including Lindsey's old songs), done overdubs and even have parts written for Stevie to sing on all of the songs "eventually". Lindsey also said that they're about 75% done with what they've been working on. They're not going to come back at a later date to start over. Recording of a new FM album is well underway, that we can be sure of.

Also nothing that's been said by Lindsey, Christine or Mick would lead us to believe that Stevie's absence is mutually agreed. As I mentioned in the above post, Christine's quote in the new interview makes it sound, as have previous interviews, that they're just under the assumption that Stevie will join them at some point and that they don't seem to really know when they're going to get back at it.

Last edited by MikeVielhaber; 05-07-2014 at 02:04 PM..
Old 05-07-2014, 02:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

After reading the most recent article- and maybe it's the pic too- I get the feeling Lindsey is not happy. I have no real objective reason for feeling this way whatsoever and hope I'm totally wrong- but I think Mike V could be on to something.
Old 05-07-2014, 02:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickney723 View Post
After reading the most recent article- and maybe it's the pic too- I get the feeling Lindsey is not happy. I have no real objective reason for feeling this way whatsoever and hope I'm totally wrong- but I think Mike V could be on to something.
I think it goes back to what I and others said early on when the first article with Chris and Lindsey came out-- it's a message from the band to Stevie. They are putting it out there that they are ready, willing and able to do another album and it's all good-- so where's Stevie? Just like with the EP. "If this doesn't happen, don't blame us." Maybe it's also towards Stevie's managers.. maybe they're as much/more of a problem than her personally. Who knows.

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 05-07-2014 at 02:26 PM..
Old 05-07-2014, 02:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLight View Post
Based on the two additional song titles referenced in today's Billboard article, song titles for the new album potentially include:

Red Sun (CM/LB)
Carnival Begin (CM/LB)
Too Far Gone (CM/LB)
How I Feel (CM/LB)
Family Party (LB)
Hunger (LB)
I'm A Jazz Man (LB)
In My World (LB)
Is It Right (LB)
Lay Down For Free (LB)
On With The Show (LB)
Up Your Speed (LB)
ok I don't know why but some of these titles make me a bit… nervous. I'm A Jazz Man, Family Party, On With The Show.

Carnival Begin could go either way and Up Your Speed sounds like just a euphemism for Up Your A** but maybe that's just me..
Old 05-07-2014, 02:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Red Sun (CM/LB)
Carnival Begin (CM/LB)
Too Far Gone (CM/LB)
How I Feel (CM/LB)
Family Party (LB)
Hunger (LB)
I'm A Jazz Man (LB)
In My World (LB)
Is It Right (LB)
Lay Down For Free (LB)
On With The Show (LB)
Up Your Speed (LB)
I wonder what this tune will sound like.LOL........

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 05-07-2014, 02:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Lay Down For Free?

Do I want to know what that means?
Old 05-07-2014, 02:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Red Sun (CM/LB)
Carnival Begin (CM/LB)
Too Far Gone (CM/LB)
How I Feel (CM/LB)
Family Party (LB)
Hunger (LB)
I'm A Jazz Man (LB)
In My World (LB)
Is It Right (LB)
Lay Down For Free (LB)
On With The Show (LB)
Up Your Speed (LB)
Please eliminate family party and I'm a jazzband. Those are new remixes of family man.

Old 05-07-2014, 02:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
Please eliminate family party and I'm a jazzband. Those are new remixes of family man.
I edited the post; I haven't heard of either remix, but defer to those more knowledgeable about LB's songs!

Last edited by BlueLight; 05-07-2014 at 03:27 PM..
Old 05-07-2014, 02:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by shackin'up View Post
Well we knew Lindsey was a one-man band, but who knew he was a jazz band?!
Old 05-07-2014, 02:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
ok I don't know why but some of these titles make me a bit… nervous. I'm A Jazz Man, Family Party, On With The Show.

Carnival Begin could go either way and Up Your Speed sounds like just a euphemism for Up Your A** but maybe that's just me..
This gave me a good laugh. Yes some of the titles are somewhat concerning

Still I'm sure it'll all work out ok in the end
Old 05-07-2014, 03:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well we knew Lindsey was a one-man band, but who knew he was a jazz band?!
Haha, automatic wordcontrol. Sorry.

Old 05-07-2014, 04:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think it goes back to what I and others said early on when the first article with Chris and Lindsey came out-- it's a message from the band to Stevie. They are putting it out there that they are ready, willing and able to do another album and it's all good-- so where's Stevie? Just like with the EP. "If this doesn't happen, don't blame us." Maybe it's also towards Stevie's managers.. maybe they're as much/more of a problem than her personally. Who knows.
And "clamor" is the hope that a little pressure from outside the band might achieve what the band members aren't having much progress in doing themselves. Michele
Old 05-07-2014, 04:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

How I Feel is ho hum too. I just take Up Your Speed as acceleration. Speed is so different from the "up your" retort they my mind didn't 't go there. Michele