Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-04-2011, 02:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Don't think my three days could get any worse. My Gerbil, Zelda, just died. Might seem laughable to most, but I loved that little girl. She's been on her own and lonely for months since my other Gerbil, Avalon, died.
Old 12-04-2011, 03:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Springs View Post
Don't think my three days could get any worse. My Gerbil, Zelda, just died. Might seem laughable to most, but I loved that little girl. She's been on her own and lonely for months since my other Gerbil, Avalon, died.
Sorry to hear that. It's not laughable at all.
Old 12-04-2011, 03:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Bee If you want to chat/vent, just inbox me. <3

~Love is my higher power. Family is my strength. Art is my passion - Kat Von D
Old 12-04-2011, 04:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'm so sorry to hear that.
Old 12-04-2011, 04:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
This is such an odd sentence, but it says a lot about you that you could love a gerbil. It doesn't surprise me at all. Most people who buy rodents end up seeing that as nuisances pretty quickly (I know I did). You're such a caring person, Bee. Hope things look up soon.
Old 12-04-2011, 09:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

JTIS...

That my moms forehead is swollen and sore...I took her to the ER yesterday and they did a CT scan and found nothing so they discharged her...she has to call her neuro surgeon tomorrow(monday) and see what they wanna do...so i'll probs have to drive her to worcester...I hope its nothing bad!

~Love, Caitlin~
Old 12-05-2011, 01:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I'm sending good thoughts and vibes to Caitlin's mother and peaceful thoughts to Bee. Loving both of you young women and wishing the best for ya.
Old 12-05-2011, 08:14 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:
I know exactly how you feel, Bee. I used to keep rats and was so upset when they died that I decided not to keep them anymore so I didn't have to go through the upset of losing them. Some people think it's crazy that you can get so attached but when you have cute furry little critters giving you endless hours of fun you sure do feel the loss.

Hope you feel better soon.

Gill.
Old 12-05-2011, 09:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
I'm sending good thoughts and vibes to Caitlin's mother and peaceful thoughts to Bee. Loving both of you young women and wishing the best for ya.
Thanks Mark...shes waiting to hear from her DR. this morning...they will probs want her to go to Worcester to get things checked out

~Love, Caitlin~
Old 12-05-2011, 12:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Had a lovely day at the clothes show today, did so much work too which is always a bonus (:
Old 12-05-2011, 12:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfd1963 View Post
I know exactly how you feel, Bee. I used to keep rats and was so upset when they died that I decided not to keep them anymore so I didn't have to go through the upset of losing them. Some people think it's crazy that you can get so attached but when you have cute furry little critters giving you endless hours of fun you sure do feel the loss.

Hope you feel better soon.

Gill.
That's me with dogs. Mine died from cancer, 5 years ago(on Dec 17th), and I swore that I'd have no more. I just get too attached to them, and end up working my whole life around them...it's just too much...when you lose them.

I've got one cat left, and when she's gone, I'm done being a pet owner.
Old 12-05-2011, 01:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Thank you for your thoughts everyone. It made me feel silly to be upset about a Gerbil, but I'm glad it's just me being overly conscious of how I'm perceived. I got Zelda around four years ago to keep Avalon company. Av I'd taken from my old Art Teacher who had dumped her in the art room and was going to leave her over the summer. I wasn't going to have that, so naturally I brought her home. She was a vicious swine, and I thought she might be lonely, so a while later I went to the pet store and bought Zelda. Since then they were inseparable. Avalon treated her like her child, which was lovely. She must have been about 7 when she had a stroke and died which is great for a Gerbil. Zelda hasn't been the same since and turned pretty vicious, though she'd still let me pick her up to do her "mini M.O.T's". It looks like she's had a heart attack. It makes sense that she'd die of a broken heart. She was obviously very lonely. I considered buying another Gerbil when Avalon died to keep Zelda company, but I knew the same would happen when Zelda died and Godiva (That's what i would have called the new one) was left alone. It didn't seem fair. So I just kept Zelda as happy as I could with toys and such. I know death is a sadly unavoidable part of being a pet owner, but I could never not be one. I've always loved animals and it took me years to get my Dad to agree for me to have my Cat, Salem. When I'm in my own place I want to start looking after rescue Cats and giving them a good and loving home. After having worked as long as I have in a Cat sanctuary, I couldn't not do that. It breaks your heart working there.
Old 12-05-2011, 02:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

JTIS that I have a ridiculous amount of lesson planning to do for tomorrow, but instead I'm watching Mirage tour videos. I personally think that I have my priorities just right
Old 12-05-2011, 02:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by poetinmyheart View Post
JTIS that I have a ridiculous amount of lesson planning to do for tomorrow, but instead I'm watching Mirage tour videos. I personally think that I have my priorities just right
I hear ya, I'm on here when I should really be doing art coursework, but in all fairness I did spend three hours on it already today.

~Love is my higher power. Family is my strength. Art is my passion - Kat Von D
Old 12-05-2011, 02:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It's not silly Bee. The loss of any pet is difficult.