User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-28-2007, 12:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazmenFlowers View Post
I really wonder about those charts sometimes.
Apparently, your waist should be half your height

Last week, I didn't lose, I stayed the same. This week, down another 3. That's 13 lbs in 5 weeks. I'm really happy with that. The best part is, I'm never hungry and there are alot of good 1 point snacks (That's what has got me through this).

Old 02-28-2007, 02:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
Dietician?

For God' sake, who around here needs one?
Between Amber and Paula, I feel I am completely set.
And I am completely not kidding.

Oh, and BTW, better a whore than a slut.

Yeah, I'm sure that works well for you since we disagree half the time.

Paula - "Sparky, make sure you drink 1 serving of milk per day."
Amber - "Don't you dare! Milk is not good for you!"
Paula - "Put peanut butter on a whole grain bagel for a healthy breakfast"
Amber - "Make sure it's organic peanut butter or it won't do you any good!"
Paula - "Quiet you! Why don't you go eat a whole block of cheddar cheese & Ritz again, genius!"
Amber - "Only if you go & eat half a bag of Rold Gold pretzels & drink 12 beers in one sitting, bitch!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerDeanna View Post
I just bought a NordicTrack Elliptical machine for $100!!! I found it on Craigslist...wasn't the first who replied, but apparently I was the most persistent, non sketchy one who did.

So the guy is even delivering it to me tomorrow...I'm so excited...!!!

Now I'll have to invest on some free weights and learn more non-machine leg exercises - but it'll be worth it to not have to deal with crap at a gym...since when I leave my apartment I'll not have the snazzy apartment gym.
HA! Persistence finally pays off. Congrats!

Quote:
Originally Posted by markolas View Post
I went and worked out last night for the first time in forever. It was only 20 minutes (that was all I could do before I felt like I was going to collapse), but this morning I actually had the energy to fix something to take to work for lunch and a snack instead of going to the McDonald's drive-thru.
Quote:
Good for you - and 20 minutes is better than none at all! When I started working out again after a long hiatus (and a 40 pound gain) I could only do 15-20 and I couldn't stretch well..it was awful, I felt bad - but got didn't get too discouraged...and it's paid off...now I can do an easy 45 minutes cardio

Just keep at it...good luck!
What she (and Strand and Jaz and Amber) said. Go at your own pace, and slowly work your way up. If you try to throw yourself into it, you'll be more apt to be discouraged & give up. I think 20 minutes is great, and the homemade meals are fantastic! Good for you!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerchic View Post
Apparently, your waist should be half your height

Last week, I didn't lose, I stayed the same. This week, down another 3. That's 13 lbs in 5 weeks. I'm really happy with that. The best part is, I'm never hungry and there are alot of good 1 point snacks (That's what has got me through this).

You're a whore.

JK - congrats.
Old 02-28-2007, 02:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin View Post

HA! Persistence finally pays off. Congrats!

Actually nevermind.

I broke my glasses. So I need to use the money I was GOING to use for elliptical to get new glasses

I'm really not happy about it...but at least I have four more months of apartment gym - and in that time maybe another elliptical deal will come through.

I'm completely bummed. And I felt like an asshole for backing out on the guy - though he'll have no problem finding another buyer.
Old 02-28-2007, 02:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Actually nevermind.

I broke my glasses. So I need to use the money I was GOING to use for elliptical to get new glasses

I'm really not happy about it...but at least I have four more months of apartment gym - and in that time maybe another elliptical deal will come through.

I'm completely bummed. And I felt like an asshole for backing out on the guy - though he'll have no problem finding another buyer.
Really? Crap. Well, I'm sure you'll find another one. Someday...........

Old 02-28-2007, 02:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin View Post
Really? Crap. Well, I'm sure you'll find another one. Someday...........

Crap indeed. I'm wearing an old pair of glasses that I found and I can't see well and am just in a bad mood at that and losing my elliptical
Old 02-28-2007, 02:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Crap indeed. I'm wearing an old pair of glasses that I found and I can't see well and am just in a bad mood at that and losing my elliptical
You can't charge your glasses & stilll get the elliptical? I mean, I hate debt, but that's a really good deal.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

So, two days of eating right and exercising, and....I go from 174.4 to 175.6. wtf?? Okay, so I'm trying not to freak out and take a ginsu knife and just start hacking away at the fat; I'm telling myself that I'm adding muscle, which weighs more than fat, and that's why I gained 1.2 lbs. But part of me thinks that's a crock of **** and I really do have to starve myself into psychosis (not that I'm not halfway there already) if I want to be thin.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
So, two days of eating right and exercising, and....I go from 174.4 to 175.6. wtf?? Okay, so I'm trying not to freak out and take a ginsu knife and just start hacking away at the fat; I'm telling myself that I'm adding muscle, which weighs more than fat, and that's why I gained 1.2 lbs. But part of me thinks that's a crock of **** and I really do have to starve myself into psychosis (not that I'm not halfway there already) if I want to be thin.
A pound is nothing. It could be that you had yet to go to the bathroom, which certainly weighs at least a pound

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 03-01-2007, 10:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I wouldn't weigh myself for at least a week in the beginning stages. really. your weight will fluctuate and you don't need to keep an eye on it more than once a week for now. I know it's hard not to get on the scale every day, but until you have flushed your body of all the "bad" stuff and are only eating good, healthy things (meaning you have an understanding of what's in your body and what may have caused the weight gain), I wouldn't risk it...we don't need you going slasher on us.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
A pound is nothing. It could be that you had yet to go to the bathroom, which certainly weighs at least a pound
I don't laugh because it's funny, I laugh because it's true.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
it could be any number of things. weight fluctuates a lot from day to day, which is why at first, i would recommend only weighing yourself once a week.

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind View Post
definitely. i always make sure that i weigh myself at the same time every day - right after i wake up & pee.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by carrie721 View Post
it could be any number of things. weight fluctuates a lot from day to day, which is why at first, i would recommend only weighing yourself once a week.

definitely. i always make sure that i weigh myself at the same time every day - right after i wake up & pee.
we said basically the same thing and we obviously weigh at the same time. weird. lol.

I get up, pee and strip naked while the shower's running and weigh. for some reason, if I don't follow that exact pattern my OCD drives me insane.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:18 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazmenFlowers View Post
I wouldn't weigh myself for at least a week in the beginning stages. really. your weight will fluctuate and you don't need to keep an eye on it more than once a week for now. I know it's hard not to get on the scale every day, but until you have flushed your body of all the "bad" stuff and are only eating good, healthy things (meaning you have an understanding of what's in your body and what may have caused the weight gain), I wouldn't risk it...we don't need you going slasher on us.
Oh, god. I'm so impatient, though. If I don't see immediate results, my tendency is to say "Oh, why bother?" and head for the Mickey D's drive-thru window.
Old 03-01-2007, 10:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

The best thing I ever did, was get rid of my scale! Weighing yourself every day is just a terrible mind game! Once a week is good. Or just judge by the way your pants fit.

Old 03-01-2007, 10:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikerchic View Post
The best thing I ever did, was get rid of my scale! Weighing yourself every day is just a terrible mind game! Once a week is good. Or just judge by the way your pants fit.
that is good advice. your body's shape can change without dropping a lot of weight because of the fat/muscle exchange. for instance, i do not have a scale (i can't find it? who loses a scale? ), but i know i gained a lot of weight last month because my pants don't fit anymore.