User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-16-2013, 08:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
omg!! lol Elle, you are my current Fav ledgie!!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-16-2013, 09:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Elle, I have been in need of a good laugh for past few days Thank you!
Old 12-16-2013, 09:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Here's another article talking about the Guardian interview:
http://ultimateclassicrock.com/fleet...ineup-reunion/
Old 12-17-2013, 06:39 AM
Senior Ledgie

About the whole Stevie vs Lindsey argument that came up randomly and always seems to come up, it's getting old. Stevie fans:try to understand she human. She doesn't walk on water. Y'all sound kind of wired when you casually quote her. And Stevie is my favorite Mac member. Lindsey fans: I bet it sucks being the minority. You know how it feels being black or gay. Accept that you are vastly out numbered and move on. It's rare to find people screaming to Lindsey in front of Stevie because 80% of fans go to the shows because they know Stevie is there. At least Lindsey still has more energy. Women age harder then men. I think she has adapted to he fold age fine.shes not as energetic, but I call it a regal dignity just as bewitching. If you hate Stevie because of her fans or ego, your just saying that. You weren't a fan to begin with.

Anyway, has anyone tried to merge Say You Will with In the Meantime to create a proper FWM album?

Last edited by gssmith; 12-17-2013 at 06:47 AM..
Old 12-17-2013, 12:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gssmith View Post
Anyway, has anyone tried to merge Say You Will with In the Meantime to create a proper FWM album?
Hmmmm, what a novel idea. I don't think anyone's thought of that before.
Old 12-17-2013, 12:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
Hmmmm, what a novel idea. I don't think anyone's thought of that before.
Just pare that awful SYW in half, and that's a good starting point!
Old 12-17-2013, 12:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I always did that with Christine's "Time" songs, since they have Mick and John.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-17-2013, 01:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
. Women age harder then men. I think she has adapted to he fold age fine.shes not as energetic, but I call it a regal dignity just as bewitching.

Really??? I give you Stevie versus Rod and Lindsey!!! Both of those guys must be going for the Blow-OUT receding hairline look while Stevie is STILL the fine wine!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Lindsey Photo.jpg (29.0 KB, 10 views)
File Type: jpg Rodstewart1-stevie.jpg (20.9 KB, 15 views)
Old 12-17-2013, 01:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Newzchspy View Post
No there's NOT!!! Here name is NOT trademarked and as such gets no such protection. In addition, anyone with the name of ChristineMcVie could use the name and create a website.
Against bad faith and commercial use? Of course there are protections, such as the Anticybersquatting Consumer Protection Act. Many celebrities have won back their domains from cybersquatters because domain owners were using celebrity domains for these purposes. Madonna, Mariah Carey, and Jennifer Lopez are just a few celebs who battled them in court and won. For someone in the law profession, I'm surprised that you aren't aware of this.
Old 12-17-2013, 02:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Really??? I give you Stevie versus Rod and Lindsey!!! Both of those guys must be going for the Blow-OUT receding hairline look while Stevie is STILL the fine wine!!
I bet Stevie spends more time in make-up than either of those guys. Plus, they have children, which has been known to age people.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-17-2013, 03:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpyNote View Post
Against bad faith and commercial use? Of course there are protections, such as the Anticybersquatting Consumer Protection Act. Many celebrities have won back their domains from cybersquatters because domain owners were using celebrity domains for these purposes. Madonna, Mariah Carey, and Jennifer Lopez are just a few celebs who battled them in court and won. For someone in the law profession, I'm surprised that you aren't aware of this.
YOU never stated they were using it in bad faith and/or commercial use. I give you as a prime example the domain for www.Nissan.com, one of the seminal cases where an "alleged" cybersquatter won against a mega corporation. The cases you cite were ALL where the squatter was trying to cash in on a celebs good name. In addition, there is NO trademark or dilution of Chris' name here, so the ACPA would NOT apply.

If someone uses the name Christinemcvie and either has that name or is using it NOT for commercial gain (using Chris' name to make a buck) or fraudulent purposes, it is perfectly justifiable to use the name. In fact, her very domain name is for sale. Shall I continue??

Last edited by Newzchspy; 12-17-2013 at 03:22 PM..
Old 12-17-2013, 05:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
i don't know that pop/rock stars with all the money they have on their disposal, and with looks being somewhat weaved in as a part of their job description for many of them, are very good examples. i don't see Rod's hairline receding, it actually looks better than when he was younger, but i also am not sure whether that's his real hair or not. also, i don't think that until recently Rod had any facial work done, you could see tons of wrinkles, and many of them disappeared in the last year or so... so he may have some kind of face lift done more recently. there has been tons of discussions about whether/what SN has had done, and with her looks being so essential to her image, i could well understand if she had. about Lindsey, receding hairline definitely made him look older (you provided 2011 pic there), and now when he's been so obviously using some kind of hair club for men treatment in the last 2 years, he looks much younger.

but as a general impression, i agree with you - with hair dying and makeup women in many cases look much younger than men of the same age, with graying receding hairline, and many with nice big bellies too. for some examples, just look at pics of Lindsey's high school reunion from 2008 i believe. women look great, men look old (with Lindsey looking like a rare exception at that particular event).

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-17-2013, 06:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i don't know that pop/rock stars with all the money they have on their disposal, and with looks being somewhat weaved in as a part of their job description for many of them, are very good examples. i don't see Rod's hairline receding, it actually looks better than when he was younger, but i also am not sure whether that's his real hair or not. also, i don't think that until recently Rod had any facial work done, you could see tons of wrinkles, and many of them disappeared in the last year or so... so he may have some kind of face lift done more recently. there has been tons of discussions about whether/what SN has had done, and with her looks being so essential to her image, i could well understand if she had. about Lindsey, receding hairline definitely made him look older (you provided 2011 pic there), and now when he's been so obviously using some kind of hair club for men treatment in the last 2 years, he looks much younger.

but as a general impression, i agree with you - with hair dying and makeup women in many cases look much younger than men of the same age, with graying receding hairline, and many with nice big bellies too. for some examples, just look at pics of Lindsey's high school reunion from 2008 i believe. women look great, men look old (with Lindsey looking like a rare exception at that particular event).
X2, Stevie may have had work done? Regardless, she looks fantastic for an old "broad." (yes, I said it!!!). As for Rod and Lindsey, the ONLY reason they still look great is because they're skinny. Otherwise, they'd be looking like Fat OLD bald men with receding blow-out hairlines. Alas, I give you the formerly cute singer of Loverboy!!!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Loverboy.jpg (3.8 KB, 15 views)
Old 12-17-2013, 06:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
X2, Stevie may have had work done? Regardless, she looks fantastic for an old "broad." (yes, I said it!!!). As for Rod and Lindsey, the ONLY reason they still look great is because they're skinny. Otherwise, they'd be looking like Fat OLD bald men with receding blow-out hairlines. Alas, I give you the formerly cute singer of Loverboy!!!
aww, poor guy.

i actually think Rod looks great, and better than he did in his heyday when he just looked weird. remember the height of da ya think i'm sexy era, in those leopard tights? but i thought he shouldn't have gotten rid of his wrinkles. it's tolerated in men, even if they are celebrities.

you know the woman who i think looks really great - and admittedly had some work done, but then said she's trying to just maintain it and not do more (whether that's true or not, idk)? Jane Fonda. i think she looks amazing. great hairdo helps, of course.

Old 12-17-2013, 06:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
YOU never stated they were using it in bad faith and/or commercial use. I give you as a prime example the domain for www.Nissan.com, one of the seminal cases where an "alleged" cybersquatter won against a mega corporation. The cases you cite were ALL where the squatter was trying to cash in on a celebs good name. In addition, there is NO trademark or dilution of Chris' name here, so the ACPA would NOT apply.

If someone uses the name Christinemcvie and either has that name or is using it NOT for commercial gain (using Chris' name to make a buck) or fraudulent purposes, it is perfectly justifiable to use the name. In fact, her very domain name is for sale. Shall I continue??
Oh, Glenn, still annoying as hell.