User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-15-2008, 04:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
Madonna and Stevie soulmates??? I don't think so. Definately a fake article. Don't believe everything people tell you as the "truth." Any woman can ask her husband if she looks fat in that dress. I guarantee her, he won't be telling the truth!
If you mean "she doesn't mean what she says" that is something entirely different to calling this a "fake article".
Please remember the libel laws are much stronger here in the UK than in the States and Robin Smith would not have been able to publish that article in a well respected UK music magazine that went back years and years, where he quotes Stevie as having said that. As a journalist I'm well aware of those laws and how careful you have to be. Therefore Stevie may not have actually meant that, although I have no reason not to believe what she actually said, but the article itself is not a "fake article". Robin Smith met her, spoke with her, recorded the interview and she said that. Whether or not she meant it is something entirely different.
But then I don't know why I'm even arguing with you. Considering you can't even come up with even one quote where she says she dislikes Madonna and yet somehow you know the "truth".

Last edited by trackaghost; 06-15-2008 at 04:46 PM..
Old 06-16-2008, 05:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheEdgeof17 View Post
Obviliously, she's out of touch with that one. She means her "casual" fans. Sure, she should sing her hits....but maybe make it a 6-8 minute medley.
A lot of people think that's the case. I always tell them that her hardcore fans would like to hear a whole set list of stuff that's never been on the radio. Unfortunately, there's more casual fans than hardcore ones these days. I like your idea of a medley though.
Old 06-16-2008, 05:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

[QUOTE=petep9000;759415]I seem to remember an interview where she said something to that effect, yes. By the same token, I definately recall friends of mine even back in 1983 or so, commenting on the photos in 'The Wild Heart' album and saying there was some heavy sapphic undertones. I know that wasn't her intention, but the three ladies posed cheek to cheek all the time, languidly looking at each other on shag rugs in chiffon gowns with bottles of wine and candles....well, the thought passed my mind too!

I don't think she thought it was disgusting, if that's the word she used, because it was two women. I'm pretty sure Stevie knows she has quite a large gay following, male and female. It was probably because she thought it was a stunt and in poor taste. She certainly has seemed secure in her sexuality when she did all those pics back in the day, like those with that Mary chick. I used to laugh and think doesn't she know how that looks, or does she just not care, hoping it was the latter. It sure fueled some great fantasies for me. lol.
Old 06-16-2008, 06:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tlssln View Post
I like your idea of a medley though.
Medleys always leave me dissatisfied. Just when you're getting into a song, it merges into something else. That just leaves me frustrated.

Michele