User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 09-21-2006, 10:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
They interviewed one of the Earl writers on the radio this am - look for Burt Reynolds and Roseanne Barr this season!
sweet! i love roseanne. she's so funny.
Old 09-21-2006, 10:56 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmar71 View Post
Celebrity Duets

Man, that show is so horrible it's funny. Wayne Brady as host? As if it weren't precious enough...
Btw, "Wayne Brady will slapabitch."
Old 09-21-2006, 12:48 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrummerDeanna View Post
Well I finally sat my ass down to watch a new show. I watched Kidnapped on NBC.

Not too bad actually - it held my attention for the hour - not sure how they'll sustain this through a whole season, but I love Dana Delany - so I'll probably keep watching.

This weekend I'm up for Brother and Sisters and Desperate Housewives
I watched it too! Glad Project Runway was a rerun, cuz I'm glad I caught it. I thought it was good, very suspenseful. Dana Delany is incredible, I've loved her since China Beach.
Old 09-21-2006, 01:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by skcin View Post
I watched it too! Glad Project Runway was a rerun, cuz I'm glad I caught it. I thought it was good, very suspenseful. Dana Delany is incredible, I've loved her since China Beach.
Ha - I was starting to think I was the only one who watched it. I thought it was suspenseful as well - I really liked the non-FBI guy kidnaped bringer-back guy...I can't remember his name...anyway - I'll keep watching - I'm interested to see how they'll sustain it.

I'm way excited for the Desperate Housewives Season Premier!!!
Old 09-25-2006, 01:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Ok - so anyone else catch the premier of Desperate Housewives?

I thought it was ok - but there was one part that irked me. When Bree tells the girls she's engaged, she also reveals she and Orson (Kyle whatever/TreyMacDougal) haven't had sex - that made me chuckle - because that was something right out of Sex and the City - BUT the exchange that took place afterward with Gabrielle et al - tried to hard, IMO, to capture a Sex and the City vibe/feel - and someone needs to inform Mark Cherry that he is not Darren Star. So that really bugged me - otherwise I was generally pleased with the season starter.

Then I stuck around for the new show Brothers and Sisters. I stuck with it for the first half hour, then switched to Without a Trace (which I'd never seen before) at the commercial break - and it grabbed my attention much better.

Brothers and Sister. Good cast, but I found it very flat. Calista Flockhart could not have had less personality, her character was so boring, and Sally Field, though not in what I saw a whole lot was not at the top of her game. As a die-hard Steel Magnolias fan though I love the show's pairing of Sally Field and Tom Skerrit - thougH I think they're killing him off in the next episode.

I think the show was too cliche'd in the family dynamic - too forced....I'm not sure I'll tune in again.
Old 09-25-2006, 01:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Saw Brothers & Sisters last night. LOVED it. Calista & Sally Field are great together, and this show could have some wonderful storylines. Hope the writing stays up to par.
Old 09-25-2006, 01:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Saw Brothers & Sisters last night. LOVED it. Calista & Sally Field are great together, and this show could have some wonderful storylines. Hope the writing stays up to par.
We posted close to the same time....guess we have differing opinions on that one - though admitedly I only hung in through the first half
Old 09-25-2006, 01:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
We posted close to the same time....guess we have differing opinions on that one - though admitedly I only hung in through the first half
OH NO! Second half was much better, that's where all the drama & twists started.
Old 09-25-2006, 01:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
OH NO! Second half was much better, that's where all the drama & twists started.
That figures But I got all sucked into Without a Trace

I'll probably give Brothers and Sisters another chance next week, I did see the preview and it looked intersting. For some reason though Rachel Griffiths just rubs me the wrong way. She kind of reminds me of someone from my past who I can't stand - and I have a hard time watching her...I'm trying to get over that....

But I don't know the whole family dynamic annoyed me...like it was so forced - the gay brother, the good married sister w/ relationship issues, the loser-drunkard, the "misfit", and the seemingly good guy...they just needed an adopted black or asian sibling to make the cliche complete!

And I guess I'm closed minded, but the fac that the main character is a right-wing radio/tv person really bugged me.
Old 09-25-2006, 05:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I love DH and totally agree w/ what you said about trying to be like Sex and the City at the luncheon.

I don't recall why Orson ran down Mike w/ his car? Anyone?

Love that Laurie Metcalf was on, hope we see more of her.
Old 09-25-2006, 05:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Livia View Post
I love DH and totally agree w/ what you said about trying to be like Sex and the City at the luncheon.

I don't recall why Orson ran down Mike w/ his car? Anyone?

Love that Laurie Metcalf was on, hope we see more of her.
Oh good - wasn't my imagination then - but the whold Gabrielle/Bree exchange...whatever, Gabby is NOT Samantha.

Anyway - I think they left it mysterious as to why Orson ran Mike over - it was totally random. First we meet him as Susan's friend - then he's running Mike down...no explanation - and they didn't even address it in this ep.

I, too, was thrilled to see Laurie Metcalf...hope she doesn't get run down by Orson
Old 09-27-2006, 12:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I caught the new Ted Danson sitcom last night - Help Me Help You or something. I think it has potential - I like the concept because from my experience counselors and therapists are often just as (if not more) screwed up than the rest of us in their personal lives.

Anyway - Jane Kazcmarek was, as always, charming and brilliant, but Ted is looking a bit odd these days - not sure what it is (too much makeup? )

Don't know.

I also watched Boston Legal for the first time last night - what a great show! I may end up watchign that one more regularly.

I'm really looking forward to the premier of Ugly Betty on Thursday - and I have to wait until October 11 for 30Rock..but I'm looking forward to that one too.

I didn't think I'd end up watching anything - so considering how little I've watched tv in the last year or two - I'm doing pretty well catching shows
Old 09-27-2006, 12:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Exclamation I'm in the minority...

there's not a single show I have seem a promo for that would interest me.
Old 09-27-2006, 12:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I'll be taping Ugly Betty Thurs (right?) since I won't be home to watch.

I saw "Runaway" last night on the CW. It's actually very good - dad gets framed for mistress's murder & the whole family is on the run while trying to clear his name. I'm not sure of its permanent time slot, though, so I may ditch it if opposite other shows I like.

I'm hooked on Studio 60 on the Sunset Strip. Biting dark humor, sarcasm, drama, great actors & writing so far.
Old 09-27-2006, 12:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Brothers and Sister. Good cast, but I found it very flat. Calista Flockhart could not have had less personality, her character was so boring, and Sally Field, though not in what I saw a whole lot was not at the top of her game. As a die-hard Steel Magnolias fan though I love the show's pairing of Sally Field and Tom Skerrit - thougH I think they're killing him off in the next episode.

I think the show was too cliche'd in the family dynamic - too forced....I'm not sure I'll tune in again.
i think the only reason i watched it was for sally field -- and i really wanted to like it. i ended up being really dissapointed with the dialogue and interaction. i also felt as though the characters weren't introduced very well. i expected more from such a strong cast and i fear in terms of character development, it's going to tank. i'm not very hopeful. and you're right, calista's character = snoozefest. even for a republican.