User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 01-03-2014, 01:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole21290 View Post
Listen here (for one week only): http://www.bbc.co.uk/iplayer/episode...d_the_Rumours/

Download both MP3 files here
Part 1 (52 MB) - http://www.mediafire.com/download/vk...s%20Pt%201.mp3
Part 2 (52 MB) - http://www.mediafire.com/download/59...s%20Pt%202.mp3

And BBC Radio, next time you do this, PLEASE do it at a time which doesn't necessitate me being up at four in the morning in order to listen and record live...
now when i finally listened to it, i have to say it's a great interview. Mick, Christine, and Lindsey all say stuff that is new to me, it's not just regurgitating the past (although Christine has an advantage since being out of the spotlight for so long so i haven't heard her past interviews).

also with what they say, both Christine and Lindsey very clearly contradict all those fan speculations that have been around since the time of the London shows (i.e. Christine and Lindsey have a lot of bad blood between them and Lindsey is a dick who doesn't want Christine back in the band).

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-03-2014, 01:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Open your eyes and look at the day, you'll see things in a different way.
love it!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 01-03-2014, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
now when i finally listened to it, i have to say it's a great interview. Mick, Christine, and Lindsey all say stuff that is new to me, it's not just regurgitating the past (although Christine has an advantage since being out of the spotlight for so long so i haven't heard her past interviews).

also with what they say, both Christine and Lindsey very clearly contradict all those fan speculations that have been around since the time of the London shows (i.e. Christine and Lindsey have a lot of bad blood between them and Lindsey is a dick who doesn't want Christine back in the band).
My first instinct was to think that there was bad blood. But like you pointed out to me, the quote came from Stevie and not LB himself. His last actual quote about Christine was the "shocked and pleased" quote.
Old 01-03-2014, 01:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Open your eyes and look at the day, you'll see things in a different way.
Great sentiment!
Old 01-03-2014, 01:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by louielouie2000 View Post
Ok, I'm horrible with all the damned acronyms... is SATC Sleeping Around The Corner? I've been googling like crazy trying to figure it out. I've never heard that song... I didn't realize it existed until I just found the Wikipedia article on Seeds We Sow. I can't find it anywhere online to listen to it, either.
Yes, it's Sleeping Around the Corner. Very saddened that you've never heard it.

Old 01-03-2014, 02:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Here are the Come Out to Play lyrics.

Little darling, would you come out to play
Little darling, would you come out to stay with me awhile

The moon's full tonight
My senses shining bright
As if you didn't know
Well, somethings's going on here
Shall we make it clear
And let the situation grow

Well, one thing could lead to another
I believe we should stay sister and brother
Oh don't you know that I'm human
Oh, and you are a sexy man

Little darling, would you come out to stay with me awhile

It didn't take too long
It was already strong
Cause you've always made me smile
Ooh, like a moth to the flame
Well I must be insane
But, baby I like your style

One thing could lead to another

Well, one thing could lead to another
Oh, and you are a sexy man

Little darling, would you come out to stay with me awhile.
Old 01-03-2014, 02:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I mean there WAS a time when LB really didn't want Christine back though, right? I seem to remember something about him saying that he hopes it doesn't happen- a long, long time ago.
Old 01-03-2014, 02:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
My first instinct was to think that there was bad blood. But like you pointed out to me, the quote came from Stevie and not LB himself. His last actual quote about Christine was the "shocked and pleased" quote.
before now, yeah. and now we can hear him talking about the chemistry being right again when all 5 are together. and we've also heard Christine say that he was the one who actually worked really hard to try to get her to stay...

Old 01-03-2014, 02:06 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Here are the Come Out to Play lyrics.
thanks! i tried to google it last night but nothing was coming up. is it CM song?

Old 01-03-2014, 02:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Exclamation Lmao!!

OK, Lindsey has known Mick for over half his life and that was the most HORRIFIC British accent I have EVER heard when he's talking about Mick listening to "Frozen Love" at the studio with Keith.

DYING.

This is a really good interview!! Thank you for sharing this with us!
Old 01-03-2014, 02:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wondergirl9847 View Post
OK, Lindsey has known Mick for over half his life and that was the most HORRIFIC British accent I have EVER heard when he's talking about Mick listening to "Frozen Love" at the studio with Keith.

DYING.

This is a really good interview!! Thank you for sharing this with us!
same with Christine imitating Lindsey when he was trying to convince her to stay in the band... and i've noticed that about Lindsey in the past also. for such extremely talented musical people, they seem to have really bad ears sometimes.

Old 01-03-2014, 02:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by brickney723 View Post
I mean there WAS a time when LB really didn't want Christine back though, right? I seem to remember something about him saying that he hopes it doesn't happen- a long, long time ago.
No, he never said he didn't want her back in the band.

When they had already rehearsed for SYW around 2003, he said he wondered what would happen if Christine now changed her mind and said she wanted in? Would they then ditch everything they'd planned. He said he didn't know what he'd say to that and he hoped it wouldn't happen, because he didn't want to face the dilemma of that choice. Not that he didn't want her back in the band, but he didn't want to have to make the hard chore of changing their SYW plans if she changed her mind at that point, because he didn't know what he would say to her. It was the timing, not the fact that he didn't want her in the band.

Yes, he has always said 33% more room, but he never indicated that he wanted her to go in the first place. He seemed upset that she did go.

Even back in 2001, Mick was expressing the same sentiment. In an Allstar interview, explaining why he didn't want Christine to record with them:

Quote:
Fleetwood Mac is about halfway through recording its latest album, which is due next year. The release will feature all the regular crew members except Christine McVie.

Mick Fleetwood tells allstar that he heard from McVie earlier this week, though, and she said she would like to record with the group, but not tour.

As a result, Fleetwood says he's a bit perplexed. "If she writes and records with us, and does not tour," he explains, "then it's hard to play those songs in concert. Lindsay [Buckingham] and Stevie [Nicks] have already done most of their work." Fleetwood is not sure if he will take her up on her offer at this time.
Old 01-03-2014, 02:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
same with Christine imitating Lindsey when he was trying to convince her to stay in the band... and i've noticed that about Lindsey in the past also. for such extremely talented musical people, they seem to have really bad ears sometimes.
I enjoyed Lindsey imitating Donovan. I don't know how Scots really sound though.

Michele
Old 01-03-2014, 02:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
thanks! i tried to google it last night but nothing was coming up. is it CM song?
Yes it is. It was an extra Meantime track.

I believe it's on Youtube.

Michele
Old 01-03-2014, 02:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Found the article I was thinking of in case anybody is interested. It is from 2003:
http://bla.fleetwoodmac.net/index.ph...v2&id=439&c=18

I think definitely they did not want her to leave in 1997.. there was probably some question whether they could have even gone on without her initially. Personally, they're better with her in my opinion, so I think it's great that it looks like she's in.