User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-14-2005, 02:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux
People can't get angry at such acts? And don't use that crap about liberal peace-loving ****. Anger is within human nature, atrocities are not so easily excusable, but anger directed as a result is.
Oh I know a great deal about anger. When thousands of American's are killed because of terrorist attacks on our country. But according to liberals song and dance we shouldn't act on it..but then when it comes to murdering presidents you disagree with, you're all for it!
Old 02-14-2005, 02:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheEdgeof17
Oh yes. I learned in Medical Ethics today about what the military did/does to their own in terms of medical research. It was shocking.
and we thought lamp shades of skin were the only autrocities commited and then by others.

save the cheerleader - save the world
Old 02-14-2005, 02:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishgrl
Well, I did admit murder is wrong, and I prob shouldnt have let my anger at those jerkwads get the best of me. BUT: we certainly would be better off if Bush werent president. Im NOT going back on THAT.
fair enough!
Old 02-14-2005, 02:08 PM
Lux
This message has been deleted by Lux.
Old 02-14-2005, 02:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by strandinthewind
and we thought lamp shades of skin were the only autrocities commited and then by others.

Let's just say I know who they used to test the effects of nuclear material on. I sure hope it is still not being done today.
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontheEdgeof17
I treason all the time. I'm not a big fan of America.
I'm not either.

I just got a Bowie boot on DVD and he prefaces "I'm Afraid of Americans" by saying "I really, truly am afraid of Americans. They're scary."

Addicted Ledgie

Default didnt you read what I said?

Quote:
Look it up

And - it is rank hypocrisy to imply that the D party should be exonerated from the effect of these horrid acts just because they did not initiate the legislation but voted for it.
I didnt say they should be exonerated! I said the FEW misguided souls that joined the Repugs should be tarred and feathered! my point was that the numbers show it was the REPUBLICAN party due to their majorities in both houses that pushed those pieces of crap thru! The final vote tallies will still show that Repugs foisted that garbage on us. You cant dispute that, no matter if 2 or 20 democrats joined in! Even if NO democrats would have joined, it would have passed anyway!
Old 02-14-2005, 02:12 PM
Lux
This message has been deleted by Lux.
Old 02-14-2005, 02:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by irishgrl
. . . Even if NO democrats would have joined, it would have passed anyway!
Last I checked - the D's were in control of the Senate for awhile there during W's term and legislation got through

and my point, again, is the R's may have foisted it on us because the though came from them, but the D's were willing participants - I cite the DOMA as proof - Clinton lauded over that travesty as he did with Don't Ask Don't Tell, which is assinine and now hypocritical because our troops serve side by side with openly gay Royal troops.

Last edited by strandinthewind; 02-14-2005 at 02:15 PM..
Old 02-14-2005, 02:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux
I love that song, and the filmclip for some reason. It's true, for many who don't live amongst it, it's scary. Maybe that's why I love the song, not for the song itself.
The video is hilarious. So true, too. I was a bit surprised that it didn't cause much of a stir over here, to be honest.

Old 02-14-2005, 02:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
So, you think we should have invaded immediately. You never really commit to that because you know that if we had, you would bitch about that too Seriously, please tell us exactly how you think we should have invaded and when - please be specific
Speaking for myself, I think it's more of an issue of hypocrisy than anything else. The Bush administration has claimed and continues to claim that fighting terrorism is its number one priority, however, they obviously don't believe that as they gave Osama a running head start to disappear and subsequently did a half-assed job in Afghanistan.

It's just the typical bull**** coming from the worst administration in the history of American government.

P.S.: I despite dubya and Reagan as much as the next guy, but advocating assassination is assinine. Dubya becomes a martyr to all the bible thumpers and creates sympathy for his sorry ass and then Cheney is officially in charge of the country??? Not a good idea- not to mention that the use of guns (and the advocacy of violence) is abhorrent.
Old 02-14-2005, 02:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Talking Depends...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lux
Throwing guitars into walls is fine, killing people is not so good.
on the guitar if ya ask me...Never throw a Fender, Gibson, PRS or Rickenbacker into a wall or I may have to hunt ya down and snuff ya out

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 02-14-2005, 02:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
So, you think we should have invaded immediately. You never really commit to that because you know that if we had, you would bitch about that too Seriously, please tell us exactly how you think we should have invaded and when - please be specific
I've always committed to it and have given my answer numerous times. It's not my problem if you can't retain the answer.

Old 02-14-2005, 02:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Tower
Speaking for myself, I think it's more of an issue of hypocrisy than anything else. The Bush administration has claimed and continues to claim that fighting terrorism is its number one priority, however, they obviously don't believe that as they gave Osama a running head start to disappear and subsequently did a half-assed job in Afghanistan.

It's just the typical bull**** coming from the worst administration in the history of American government.

P.S.: I despite dubya and Reagan as much as the next guy, but advocating assassination is assinine. Dubya becomes a martyr to all the bible thumpers and creates sympathy for his sorry ass and then Cheney is officially in charge of the country??? Not a good idea- not to mention that the use of guns (and the advocacy of violence) is abhorrent.
and we both agree on that

Old 02-14-2005, 02:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
Any idiot knows that. Which is why half of America must be even dumber than your average idiot.

Truth hurts huh?
Old 02-14-2005, 02:23 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dissention
I've always committed to it and have given my answer numerous times. It's not my problem if you can't retain the answer.
that is such rank Diss. spin. You have never ever stated with any specificity when we should have attacked other than to say maybe we should have or something like that - but, if you have, let's see it or hear it again

you are so called out and can't come

Old 02-14-2005, 02:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
that is such rank Diss. spin. You have never ever stated with any specificity when we should have attacked other than to say maybe we should have or something like that - but, if you have, let's see it or hear it again

you are so called out and can't come
Bull****. You simply don't remember and act as if you know what you're talking about to cover it up. You know exactly where I stand in regards to invading Afghanistan .