The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-14-2017, 04:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

A brief but interesting interview with Mick here, discussing his new book, but also a bit on Buckingham/McVie - it seems Christine and Lindsey might do some shows, but without Mick and John:

http://www.billboard.com/articles/ev...ove-that-burns
Old 03-14-2017, 04:54 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by tango87 View Post
A brief but interesting interview with Mick here, discussing his new book, but also a bit on Buckingham/McVie - it seems Christine and Lindsey might do some shows, but without Mick and John:

That's GREAT!
Old 03-14-2017, 04:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by tango87 View Post

thanks so much for sharing this!

Buck/McVie project relevant excerpts -

Also ahead, there will be an album from Mac members Lindsey Buckingham and Christine McVie as Buckingham McVie, which Fleetwood and bassist John McVie play on.

“We’re not dead yet,” Fleetwood says. “But the truth of the matter is, we’re all in our 70s, and the band is 50 years old; there is a window and the window will close. That happens in all things in life. But until then, we carry on.”

Fleetwood is particularly excited about the Buckingham McVie project, which is due out soon. It’s the product of sessions that began during 2014, shortly after McVie’s return to the the band, and became its own entity when Stevie Nicks opted to focus on her own work.

“The crafting of the album became so specifically about Chris and Lindsey, really, some time ago,” Fleetwood says. “It came under the heading of music that had to come out. We had a lot of fun and Chris is full of vim and vigor, which in itself is mind-blowing. And I’m really happy for Lindsey, because this is what he most likes to do, putting something together. This relationship is a real expression of a musical powerhouse that’s come to the fore, and we’re all happy about that. And [the music] is really cool; I think they’ll be walking down some red carpets with this one."

Buckingham and McVie will likely play shows in support of the project, though Fleetwood and John McVie aren’t planning to join them. As for the absence of Nicks, the drummer says there’s no lingering animosity about her not being around to turn it into a full-scale Fleetwood Mac album. “She’s doing what she loves to do, and that’s nothing new,” says Fleetwood, who attended Nicks’ concert Sunday night in Austin. “She’s been in and out of Fleetwood Mac doing her thing, and she truly, truly has, more than anyone, a profoundly different level of a career outside of Fleetwood Mac. She’s busy and happy, and she always comes home to roost.”

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-14-2017, 05:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Oooh, really excited that the Buckingham/Mcvie album is, at last reality,
I also think in a weird way it will return Stevie to the fold....
If Buck/Mack sells well I can see Stevie as Mick says "returning home to roost"..
She won't be able to help herself..
Maybe we will get a full blown Swansong after all.
Old 03-14-2017, 05:15 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Ooooh, exciting. Chris and Lindsey always worked well together, I love their duets so it's no surprise the music is great. I never really thought there was any major tensions in the band over this either, when they get back together to tour it'll probably just be normal.

However, I'm bummed Mick and John won't do shows with Chris and Lindsey. It'll be weird if there are different people in their band.
Old 03-14-2017, 05:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
Ooooh, exciting. Chris and Lindsey always worked well together, I love their duets so it's no surprise the music is great. I never really thought there was any major tensions in the band over this either, when they get back together to tour it'll probably just be normal.

However, I'm bummed Mick and John won't do shows with Chris and Lindsey. It'll be weird if there are different people in their band.
i'm ambivalent about it - on a positive side, without Mick there, tickets will be much cheaper! no Mick VIP tickets to sell the best seats for an arm and the leg (just look at his SXSW VIP prices). and the backing band would probably be the same backing band as for FM and include Neale and Brett.

as long as there's a tour i'll be extremely excited!!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 03-14-2017, 05:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I just hope they cross the pond to the UK... Hopefully, Christine will insist they come to London!
Old 03-14-2017, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i'm ambivalent about it - on a positive side, without Mick there, tickets will be much cheaper! no Mick VIP tickets to sell the best seats for an arm and the leg (just look at his SXSW VIP prices). and the backing band would probably be the same backing band as for FM and include Neale and Brett.

as long as there's a tour i'll be extremely excited!!
I'm glad this isn't commercial. Not everything has to be about money.
I would so love an intimate tour. I'll pay good money to see that.
I realize some people judge their artists by commercial success and hype. But, these two artists have already had fame and fortune. Here they are now offering a chance for something completely different. I'm so happy!!
Old 03-14-2017, 05:28 PM

I had a feeling that John and Mick wouldn't be as much a part of this album as everyone thought. I guess this is also why it's Buckingham McVie.
Old 03-14-2017, 05:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
I had a feeling that John and Mick wouldn't be as much a part of this album as everyone thought. I guess this is also why it's Buckingham McVie.
they are a part of this album. they just won't tour.

Old 03-14-2017, 05:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
I knew they wouldn't be. But, I'm happy about it. This gives them freedom to tour and make their own decisions.
Old 03-14-2017, 05:47 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I'm glad this isn't commercial. Not everything has to be about money.
I would so love an intimate tour. I'll pay good money to see that.
I realize some people judge their artists by commercial success and hype. But, these two artists have already had fame and fortune. Here they are now offering a chance for something completely different. I'm so happy!!
Ann Wilson has been doing her own thing playing clubs in between brakes in Heart's touring , there is nothing wrong with them doing smaller theaters , it may be good for them.
Lindsey plays the Wilbur theater in Boston when he is solo it is mostly used as a comedy club , so he is no stranger to smaller venues

I am looking forward to it
Old 03-14-2017, 06:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
Ann Wilson has been doing her own thing playing clubs in between brakes in Heart's touring , there is nothing wrong with them doing smaller theaters , it may be good for them.
Lindsey plays the Wilbur theater in Boston when he is solo it is mostly used as a comedy club , so he is no stranger to smaller venues

I am looking forward to it
I saw Christine McVie in a small club in 1984 in Cleveland. The place was packed to the gils.. but I was up in the front row.

She kept smiling and joking around with us in the front row. The show was off the charts incredible. Then, I saw Lindsey in a club and his show was just as amazing. Except for the fact that he was sweating very badly. And when he shook his hair, I would get wet. I know some of you love that.. I was a bit taken aback.. lol
Old 03-14-2017, 06:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I saw Christine McVie in a small club in 1984 in Cleveland. The place was packed to the gils.. but I was up in the front row.

She kept smiling and joking around with us in the front row. The show was off the charts incredible. Then, I saw Lindsey in a club and his show was just as amazing. Except for the fact that he was sweating very badly. And when he shook his hair, I would get wet. I know some of you love that.. I was a bit taken aback.. lol
Eww, I don't want ANY of their sweat on me. Imma germophobe!!!
Old 03-14-2017, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Eww, I don't want ANY of their sweat on me. Imma germophobe!!!
He was totally wasted. We got backstage and they put LB in his own room to pass out.