Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-02-2018, 02:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
I’ve said a lot of this before, but …

I really don’t have enough information to have a credible opinion. What I do know is that Lindsey badmouthed a show promoters, including his manager, one of the most powerful men in the business, were trying to sell and was completely cold towards Stevie during those shows, to the point where people noticed. There was simply zero chemistry there. Throw in even the suggestion of a concurrent tour, or worse a slightly delayed tour (if that’s to be believed), and it’s easy to see how he was playing with fire.
Cold? Why? Did he have to be romantic so she could feel special?
I was there and have some pics to prove wrong. It's always hot and cold with them. Stevie wanted more attention than she really deserved. And because of BuckVie, Lindsey was more focused on Christine than on her. Big deal.

Quote:
That’s why I want to know if Azoff dropped Lindsey before or after the band fired him. He may have become a financial liability. While the rumored blowout between LB-SN might have been especially bad, it probably wouldn’t have led to a firing under different circumstances. So I wouldn’t be surprised if there were industry pressures that factored into the decision.
After.

Quote:
As for Christine, they either went behind her back because they knew what she’d say OR they were trying to protect her from having to make a vote. But it’s completely unreasonable to expect her to have more loyalty to Lindsey than Mick and John. She and Lindsey were and may again be creative partners, but Mick and John are like family to her. To put it a different way, she sent demos to Lindsey, but got on the plane with Mick. All that said, she is clearly not happy about how it happened, isn’t going to hide it, and isn’t going to throw Lindsey under the bus in the press.
Yeah, Stevie and Lindsey used to be family too. She said it numerous times.

Quote:
In terms of timeline, getting Mike was an obvious choice. Just listen to Stevie’s speech that night. Tom has clearly been on her mind nonstop, so I could easily see “I can’t work with him anymore, let’s get Mike” being immediate and instinctive for Stevie. I doubt there was a lot of conspiring about getting him.
No conspiracies here. Stevie couldn't stand working with Lindsey anymore, so he was out and Mike in.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 05-02-2018, 04:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Mick, John, and Christine are going to be there.
Kind of like Double Trouble without Stevie Ray Vaughan.
A good backup band.

Tango,
Touche. But I think I used "has-beens", not "folks".

Blanketman (Linus?),
Huge Neil Finn Fan? Keep that to yourself. I won't tell a
soul.

Hawkeye,
No way in ____ that Rusty and Alec are going to see these
old Elvis impersonators - oops, I mean old Fleetwood Mac
impersonators. At least that's what Barry said.

I hope I didn't miss anyone.

All of this reminds me of a James Taylor concert that I saw
years ago. When Carly's part came up, they put a spotlight
on a reel to reel player and James sang through the song.
It worked and it was funny.
Old 05-02-2018, 04:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
Kind of like Double Trouble without Stevie Ray Vaughan.
A good backup band.
Terrible analogy. Christine was the chief hit writer for the band and one of the primary writers/vocalists from 1970-1997, and again in 2014-today.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 05-02-2018, 05:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by iamnotafraid View Post
Tango,
Touche. But I think I used "has-beens", not "folks".

I hope I didn't miss anyone.

All of this reminds me of a James Taylor concert that I saw
years ago. When Carly's part came up, they put a spotlight
on a reel to reel player and James sang through the song.
It worked and it was funny.
I stand corrected- a miss-placed quotation mark can be very costly! James Taylor puts on a great concert, and while I didn't see the one you mentioned, I am sure it was great! But back to your original comment:

I don't know how anyone that calls
themselves a Fleetwood Mac fan can
go and see them on this upcoming tour.

I do believe a lot of people have "been had" (play on your words) as they don't know about the changes. In my area the tickets went on sale and people just don't know about Lindsey. In fact, they didn't realize the tickets that have been advertised on TV, radio, etc is for a show NEXT year by the time they reach my area. Friends asked me if I got tickets yet, as if it was an urgency, and were surprised to learn the local shows are not imminent. Most people don't know and maybe don't care about the intricacies of a lot of music groups as much as we do- it's just a night out for entertainment.

But I am a fan and I will be going to see the upcoming tour. I will also see Lindsey on tour and IF BuckinghamMcVie happens, I will see that again as well. I hope it happens. And I hope Lindsey puts something out SOON. Time is the enemy of all of them.

HOW? Because I like the music. And I am curious as to how this will all play out. I also loved Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers (TPATH). I believe they will do well.

I'm also wondering if maybe Benmont Tench might be looking for keyboard work. He would be an amazing gain for the band.

Kill any snakes lately? Hibernation must be over.
Old 05-02-2018, 07:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlanketMan View Post
So what is a long-time major Fleetwood Mac fan to do if he's also a HUGE Neil Finn fan, and a pretty big Mike Campbell fan? As much as I hate seeing Lindsay gone, they went and picked the ONE GUY (Finn) that I think I'd be most intrigued by.
go see Neil Finn when he comes around solo instead of shelling out $500 to see him from a far covering FM songs plus his biggest hit?

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-02-2018, 07:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
I think the BuckinhamNicks album is incredibly overrated actually.
thank you!

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-02-2018, 07:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
this is what someone shared with me as an example of some of the typical posts in SN groups - i thought i'd put it up for discussion here, since there's a lot to unpack:

There were a lot of people who hated it when Christine and Lindsey along with the rest of the Mac put out an album that didn’t include Stevie. She didn’t want it and they did. This time around he didn’t want to tour and they did. I’d say Stevie pulled a checkmate move at the end of the day.

just bringing this back around. this thread got completely derailed. this is what many of Stevie-only fans think really happened. but for whatever reason they still can't stop themselves from going around throwing sh*t at Lindsey. they couldn't wait to get rid of him, and yet now they seem to be easily distracted from their happiness and gloating.

Old 05-02-2018, 07:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Terrible analogy. Christine was the chief hit writer for the band and one of the primary writers/vocalists from 1970-1997, and again in 2014-today.
Right, but are you seriously going to defend the live arrangements from the last time this shakeup happened, to anything Lindsey has been behind? Lets use Christine hits as an example. Everywhere on the Shake The Cage Tour vs The Dance, 2014, 2017.. Same for Little Lies. You can defend their right to continue on, and you're absolutely correct, it is still Fleetwood Mac. Chris, Mick, John. But it won't be the same, and it won't be as interesting. Perhaps the Green era stuff will work, I thought it did w Vito & Burnette. But anything Lindsey had a hand in producing/arranging will likely be watered down, and w/out his youthful energy and manic quirkiness, I really think they are going to look and sound like cheesy, adult contemporary garbage. Just like they did from 88-90. And I love Mike Campbell, neutral about Finn, but this is just so stupid, and quite the step backward, artistically speaking.
Old 05-02-2018, 07:51 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thumbs down Mick Fleetwood: The Mac’s Still Fun Post-Lindsey Buckingham

Mick Fleetwood:

The Mac’s Still Fun Post-Lindsey Buckingham

5/2/2018 5:16 PM PDT
EXCLUSIVE

Mick Fleetwood says to expect some surprises when Fleetwood Mac hits the road again this year without guitarist Lindsey Buckingham — including some Tom Petty gems.

Buckingham was fired from the band last month and replaced by Mike Campbell, the lead guitarist for Petty’s Heartbreakers, and Neil Finn from Crowded House.

It was a pretty bad departure, but when we got Mick at LAX Wednesday he told us the band wouldn’t be cutting all of Lindsey’s songs out of the setlist … but they will be focusing on having fun. Remember, classics like “Go Your Own Way” and “Don’t Stop” are largely Lindsey jams.

We asked if there’s any chance for reconciliation, and Mick’s answer is pretty definitive — and sad for fans of the OG Mac.

https://celebritytrick.com/2018/05/0...ey-buckingham/

this is some rag, but still - Mick makes me gag. #throwupemoji

Old 05-02-2018, 07:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Mick Fleetwood:

The Mac’s Still Fun Post-Lindsey Buckingham

5/2/2018 5:16 PM PDT
EXCLUSIVE

Mick Fleetwood says to expect some surprises when Fleetwood Mac hits the road again this year without guitarist Lindsey Buckingham — including some Tom Petty gems.

Buckingham was fired from the band last month and replaced by Mike Campbell, the lead guitarist for Petty’s Heartbreakers, and Neil Finn from Crowded House.

It was a pretty bad departure, but when we got Mick at LAX Wednesday he told us the band wouldn’t be cutting all of Lindsey’s songs out of the setlist … but they will be focusing on having fun. Remember, classics like “Go Your Own Way” and “Don’t Stop” are largely Lindsey jams.

We asked if there’s any chance for reconciliation, and Mick’s answer is pretty definitive — and sad for fans of the OG Mac.

https://celebritytrick.com/2018/05/0...ey-buckingham/

this is some rag, but still - Mick makes me gag. #throwupemoji
What did he say? I don't see a link to an interview... Have I mentioned I detest this guy right now???
Old 05-02-2018, 08:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
What did he say? I don't see a link to an interview... Have I mentioned I detest this guy right now???
i think it's just a stupid teaser / click bait, but i'm not sure. some celebrity gossip people caught up with him somewhere i guess.

Old 05-02-2018, 08:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Sorry but I don't get it. Was there a video that I didn't notice?
Old 05-02-2018, 08:02 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
http://www.tmz.com/2018/05/02/mick-f...kingham-fired/

there's a video embedded at the top.

Old 05-02-2018, 08:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
i think it's just a stupid teaser / click bait, but i'm not sure. some celebrity gossip people caught up with him somewhere i guess.
Ahh-the desperation ploy to whet our whistles! Have I mentioned how I detest him right now??
Old 05-02-2018, 08:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thx Elle for the link.

At the end of the tmz video he's asked about Lindsey rejoining later and he says "no, we're a new band now". The earlier statement about Lindsey not being on "this tour" sounded like lawyer speak. Mick spoke plain English. Damn.