User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 06-21-2010, 02:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLadyLoki View Post
So wait, you're saying that they really are crushing on each other after all these years? I heard he used to "sleep" with her when he was going out with Carol Ann Harris, but wow.
No, I am not saying they are still crushing.

true love never really fades...that's all.
Old 06-21-2010, 03:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MissLadyLoki View Post
Can someone show me that Q&A please?

Of course! Cory Buckingham's Q&A

There is a second part to it but I couldn't find it.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL

Last edited by Nico; 06-21-2010 at 03:21 PM..
Old 06-21-2010, 06:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTFLCHLD View Post
there is no act.

OK, first, BTFLCHLD, I LOVE that scene from Destiny Rules...absolutely love it.

I like how they always hold hands, and stick together, and that scene is just really neat

Second, I know I'm late to this thread conversation, but, here's my thoughts on Lindsey and Stevie. I definitely think he's over her - and has been for some time. It's all about the wife and kids for him now

BUT, I think they will always have a little something that makes it not possible to be "just friends". They're close, and they are probably each other's longest standing relationships ( if not always in good standing ) - of any kind, not just romantically. Yeah, they put on a bit of a show for the fans, but then, when I see the way, for instance, Lindsey is singing "Say Goodbye", especially on the Soundstage video, and the way he looks at her, it's hard to believe it's all an act. So, there's a lttle spark of something. As a fan, I like that ther's still a little mystery or romance, and I'll eat it right up. HOWEVER, as a fan of Lindsey even more, I'm happiest that he's moved on, and made a good life for himself and his family.

As for Stevie, I don't think she's ever gotten over him. She even said in an interview once ( I can't recall which one ) that the words to Silver Springs have actually come back to haunt her! I always felt that was the case, so I was stunned to hear her actually say it. Then when she makes comments about Joe Walsh being the love of her life, I think it's just a way to cope. Obviously, Joe meant a lot to her, but "the love of my life"...I don't know. I don't buy it. Lindsey's moved on, and she's still "alone". Just lttle things she says make me think she's regretting things a lot more than he is these days. And I think that's one reason it's hard for her to tour with The Mac.

Anyways, that's what I think. Geez, is this my longest post?? Sorry if I rambled...

--------------------------------------
Old 06-21-2010, 06:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post
Of course! Cory Buckingham's Q&A

There is a second part to it but I couldn't find it.
Cassie, be sure to click on the links at the bottom of that Q & A page, for the different legs of the tour. Corey's diary is really neat, and very insightful

------------------------------------
Old 06-21-2010, 07:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindsfan View Post
Cassie, be sure to click on the links at the bottom of that Q & A page, for the different legs of the tour. Corey's diary is really neat, and very insightful

------------------------------------
Thanks for telling me bout that. I shall try to balance it out with AVGN's latest vid (holidayroad, if you haven't seen it yet, he does the last game on Action 52, Cheetahmen, but you'll be laughing your head off when he just starts playing it).

You can add me on Facebook
Old 06-21-2010, 08:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

It'd certainly be interesting to have LB as an uncle.

Michele
Old 06-21-2010, 09:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
It'd certainly be interesting to have LB as an uncle.

Michele
Musically, it would be incredible. I'd be rippin' off his throwaway tracks and creating playlists. I'd beg for the best concert seats and be able to take pics of everything without interference from security. I'd probably get all kinds of amazingly overpriced gifts and my house would be brilliantly decorated for free...

But then it would be totally inappropriate to find him hot. Catch 22.

"Reality leaves a lot to the imagination." ~ JL
Old 06-22-2010, 06:54 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepless-Child View Post
I agree with that too, actually, but being Fleetwood Mac fans, we have to accept it. I mean, since 77', it's always been this way. Everyone is like "aw, they're too cute in that Angel video, from 1979", but even then, it was not sincere (though i still believe that sometimes it is). It's a part of that Fleetwood Mac soap opera thing, and they built that thing when they wrote Rumours, so it's not Stevie's fault, or Stevie's fans fault. Lindsey is a part of it too. And it's a bit ridiculous to draw those conclusions from a photo.

Okay, i'm done with the subject
I wasn't saying it was Stevie's fault, I was just saying it should go. I became a fan during Tango In the Night and they really didn't act like that during that stage, so I guess I got used to that. Now it just seems weird! Also, I didn't get how I feel about it from any one photo or concert. At times they seem sincere, at other times it does seem staged.
Old 06-22-2010, 07:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Old 06-22-2010, 07:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

His "I look like I'm howling, but I just like to stand there with my mouth wide open and hope nothing flies in" face, something he seems to do a lot while playing guitar.

You can add me on Facebook
Old 06-22-2010, 07:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by holidayroad View Post
I wasn't saying it was Stevie's fault, I was just saying it should go. I became a fan during Tango In the Night and they really didn't act like that during that stage, so I guess I got used to that. Now it just seems weird! Also, I didn't get how I feel about it from any one photo or concert. At times they seem sincere, at other times it does seem staged.
OOps, sorry, actually i wasn't talking to you, i even agreed with what you said, i was talking to Cammie, i think, since you quoted her, i quoted you. Anyway, i thought about all of this again, and realized it's ridiculous to "fight" about that . I don't care, I just want to hear them sing their songs, with the drama or without it
Old 06-22-2010, 07:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleepless-Child View Post
OOps, sorry, actually i wasn't talking to you, i even agreed with what you said, i was talking to Cammie, i think, since you quoted her, i quoted you. Anyway, i thought about all of this again, and realized it's ridiculous to "fight" about that . I don't care, I just want to hear them sing their songs, with the drama or without it
Definitely not 'fighting', just giving an opinion. The Ledge is all about 'agreeing to disagree'! Like you, I'm just glad to hear or see them, drama or no drama!!!
Old 06-22-2010, 09:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by holidayroad View Post
Definitely not 'fighting', just giving an opinion. The Ledge is all about 'agreeing to disagree'! Like you, I'm just glad to hear or see them, drama or no drama!!!
i know, but i couldn't find the damn word ! Yeah, the Ledge is about "agreeing and disagreeing"
Old 06-22-2010, 09:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BTFLCHLD View Post
there is no act.

Oh, there is an act... several in fact...

Act 1 -- Exposition. We meet the dramatis personae, and time and place are established. We learn about the antecedents of the story. Attention is directed toward the germ of conflict and dramatic tensions. (1975-1976)

Act 2 -- Complications. The course of action becomes more complicated, the "tying of knots" takes place. Interests clash, intrigues are spawned, events accelerate in a definite direction. Tension mounts, and momentum builds up. (1977 - Rumours)

Act 3 -- The Climax of Action. The development of conflict reaches its high point, the Hero stands at the crossroads, leading to victory or defeat, crashing or soaring. (1987 - Tango and Intermission)

Act 4 -- Falling Action. Reversals. The consequences of Act 3 play out, momentum slows, and tension is heightened by false hopes/fears. If it's a tragedy, it looks like the Hero can be saved. If not, then it looks like all may be lost. (1997 - The Dance to Unleashed)...

Act 5 -- Catastrophe. The conflict is resolved, whether through a catastrophe, the downfall of the hero, or through his victory and transfiguration. (We wait...)

Thanks to these fine folk: http://www.rci.rutgers.edu/~deis/fiveact.html
Old 06-22-2010, 09:37 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by CADreaming View Post
Oh, there is an act... several in fact...
True passion is not a wisp-light -- it is a consuming flame, and either it must find fruition or it will burn the heart in which it has been enkindled to dust and ashes. William Winter