User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-13-2013, 10:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
But Stevie was saying that when she was 36 -- or thereabouts.
I doubt even at 36 Stevie would have been allowed in the military.

Still, saying something is "like being in the Army" is a very different statement from saying the job is as hard as being in the military.

I could see how somebody would consider tours of that size like being in the Army, with the air tight schedules, heavy orchestration, constant movement, very little sleep, not being able to call in sick, being away from home for extended periods, etc. There are a lot of logistics going on there. So saying there are similarities doesn't seem all that questionable.

But saying it's harder than being in the military is bull*****. If Kanye believes that, then he should get off of his spoiled pampered ass and give it a try.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-13-2013, 10:29 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
Still, saying something is "like being in the Army" is a very different statement from saying the job is as hard as being in the military.
Definitely saying something is like the army or boot camp or mortal combat is different from actually believing your job is harder than a service man's.

Michele
Old 12-13-2013, 10:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
Stevie: "I told Christine that this is really hard to do now and that this is a rock and roll monster band!! We've done an album and an EP in 15 years, we've really built this band into a machine!! "
Hey, that is 22 songs. That is like TWO albums. Woo hoo!

Michele
Old 12-13-2013, 11:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post

Hell, I work for a band that can record an album and an EP in less than two weeks.
We had to think about how we were going to carry on for 4 years, then we did an album!!!

I cracked up so hard...
Old 12-14-2013, 02:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i love you! and that's what makes you not like LB??
Who said I didn't like LB? I like him just fine, but I happen to be a huge Stevie fan. I thought you wanted an example of an avid LB fan annoying a Stevie fan, since there are apparently so many examples of the reverse.

Quote:
if that's a kind of post that presses your buttons, you would be constantly annoyed with chiffs if you were LB fan
Well that's kind of my point....it works both ways. There are fans of both SN and LB who are so overzealous that they alienate, even disrespect, the other side, even though this is a fan forum for both. The only thing that really pushes my buttons is when people complain about certain behavior when they are equally guilty of it.
Old 12-14-2013, 02:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
re diva, chiffs constantly put out as a "fact" that Lindsey is a diva. and every time i see it it feels like it's put out there to either elicit reactions or just create a bad vibe about the guy - but maybe chiffs don't even notice that they are doing it.
And why should it feel any differently when you say it about Stevie?
Old 12-14-2013, 09:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Some one needs to update Christine's Wikipedia page.Also it need her picture posted there too.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 12-14-2013, 09:50 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
Some one needs to update Christine's Wikipedia page.Also it need her picture posted there too.
yes very good thinking!!
Old 12-14-2013, 11:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeInNV View Post
Who said I didn't like LB? I like him just fine, but I happen to be a huge Stevie fan. .
see, i think your example is great because you labeled as biased speculation meant to inflame the post where i really just stated things that were reported before, in a regular press or stated by the band - that money split between the band is not equal, or that LB does more work in the band. are these things are not true? i didn't say that there's something wrong with that, and frankly given their positions, i don't think it is.

i had to re-read my post a few times before i could believe that was really the post you are referring to, at first i thought you were just pulling my chain. and that is why i asked for examples - we all apparently say stuff that highly annoy other fans on this board, and we are not even aware of it.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-14-2013, 11:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Well that's kind of my point....it works both ways. There are fans of both SN and LB who are so overzealous that they alienate, even disrespect, the other side, even though this is a fan forum for both. The only thing that really pushes my buttons is when people complain about certain behavior when they are equally guilty of it.
i agree that it works both ways. but i'm trying to understand whether it's equally done from all sides.

example that Johnny Stew and i were discussing points it out:
  • people stand in front of Lindsey, ignore him, and yell things to Stevie.
  • people stand in front of Lindsey, ignore Stevie, and talk to Lindsey.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 12-14-2013, 12:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
see, i think your example is great because you labeled as biased speculation meant to inflame the post where i really just stated things that were reported before, in a regular press or stated by the band - that money split between the band is not equal, or that LB does more work in the band. are these things are not true? i didn't say that there's something wrong with that, and frankly given their positions, i don't think it is.

i had to re-read my post a few times before i could believe that was really the post you are referring to, at first i thought you were just pulling my chain. and that is why i asked for examples - we all apparently say stuff that highly annoy other fans on this board, and we are not even aware of it.
The part that I thought was speculative and inflammatory was that Stevie is too big a diva to accept a 25/25/25 split if Christine comes back. We have no idea how the managers will hammer out the finances if that happens, and you don't know what Stevie is willing to accept to have Chris back. Stevie's off-the-cuff remark about paying Chris $5M, while probably not literal, would indicate she is willing to part with some dough to accommodate Chris's return. I think the current split is fair for the foursome, and the 25/25/25 split would be fair with Christine in the mix. It's not as crazy as you made it sound.

I'm not saying Stevie has never shown diva-like behavior, but who hasn't? Of course she is aware, just as we all are, that she's the biggest star outside the band. But within the context of the band, she has often referred to herself as the little sister, and Mick has publicly stated that she has a much easier time being a member of a group than Lindsey does.
Old 12-14-2013, 12:31 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
i agree that it works both ways. but i'm trying to understand whether it's equally done from all sides.
It may not be equal from both sides because (and again this is not a dig at LB), Stevie has a larger fanbase and thus more "defenders." The point is, that sort of behavior just begets more of the same, so I can't see how anyone can engage in it for one "team" and then complain when they see it coming from the other.
Old 12-14-2013, 12:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Does it really matter if it's "equal?" I've seen extremely disrespectful actions from both "sides," and bogging ourselves down with a "who does it the most/does it worse" debate isn't going to move anything forward.

Look, I'm not excusing the boorish behavior of some Nicks fans. I see it and it bothers me too. Perhaps it even bothers me more, because I am a Nicks fan and I know for a fact that we don't all think Fleetwood Mac lives and dies by her involvement (even if we happen to prefer when she's a part of the lineup).

My original point was, and remains, that it seems short-sighted and unfair to hold the actions of their respective fan-bases against Stevie and Lindsey.

Quote:
example that Johnny Stew and i were discussing points it out:
  • people stand in front of Lindsey, ignore him, and yell things to Stevie.
  • people stand in front of Lindsey, ignore Stevie, and talk to Lindsey.
Knowing human behavior, I have a hard time imagining that Lindsey fans never stand in front of Stevie, ignore her, and yell things to him. You may not have witnessed it, but that doesn't mean it doesn't happen. (And if you're not standing in front of Stevie during shows, would you even notice it happening?)
Old 12-14-2013, 12:41 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
It may not be equal from both sides because (and again this is not a dig at LB), Stevie has a larger fanbase and thus more "defenders." The point is, that sort of behavior just begets more of the same, so I can't see how anyone can engage in it for one "team" and then complain when they see it coming from the other.
You said in two sentences, what it always takes me tiresomely long paragraphs to say. A tip of the hat to you, good sir.
Old 12-14-2013, 02:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The part that I thought was speculative and inflammatory was that Stevie is too big a diva to accept a 25/25/25 split if Christine comes back. We have no idea how the managers will hammer out the finances if that happens, and you don't know what Stevie is willing to accept to have Chris back. Stevie's off-the-cuff remark about paying Chris $5M, while probably not literal, would indicate she is willing to part with some dough to accommodate Chris's return. I think the current split is fair for the foursome, and the 25/25/25 split would be fair with Christine in the mix. It's not as crazy as you made it sound.

I'm not saying Stevie has never shown diva-like behavior, but who hasn't? Of course she is aware, just as we all are, that she's the biggest star outside the band. But within the context of the band, she has often referred to herself as the little sister, and Mick has publicly stated that she has a much easier time being a member of a group than Lindsey does.
nicely said, agree with most of your post, other than the inflammatory part. but yeah any future split is definitively speculative, and that was what we were discussing at the time. i don't see the 3 singers getting 25 % each and the other 25% being split between Mick and John as realistic, others have other opinions - and it's fair everyone states what they think, on the discussion board.

hey, so you are in Vegas? you wanna get together for a drink or something?

Quote:
It may not be equal from both sides because (and again this is not a dig at LB), Stevie has a larger fanbase and thus more "defenders."
yup, and those poor minority LB defenders react to about every 50th post that annoys them, but since there are so many more SN defenders here, get jumped on every single time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo:D [B
"equal?"[/B] I've seen extremely disrespectful actions from both "sides," and bogging ourselves down with a "who does it the most/does it worse" debate isn't going to move anything forward.
agree - you brought up equal, so i questioned it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo:D [B
My original point was, and remains, that it seems short-sighted and unfair to hold the actions of their respective fan-bases against Stevie and Lindsey.
maybe, but i can't fault Homer or whoever brought that up if they feel that way... like you said, it's a human reaction, and they have a right to express it.