The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 11-21-2013, 05:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

^^^There are several inconsistencies in the CAH book, I wouldn't call them "lies", but she gets stuff like dates, names and places wrong (the Lindsey incident didn't happen at the Grammys but at the American Music Awards). She did just as much (if not more) coke as they did and maybe because of that her memory is foggy. Also she has a weird persective of things that happened, I do believe that she believes she was part of the band (hence the "we"), she was always there, wherever Lindsey was she was too. But it seems she was a pretty naïve girl, there was obviously stuff happening that she missed. I think she really wanted to believe that Lindsey was over Stevie, but there have been rumours of them hooking up during Tusk, Mirage and even The Dance.

“Remember, in the grand scheme of things, what we do for a living is not very important. After all, we’re not curing cancer here.” - John McVie
http://goldduststevie.tumblr.com/
Old 11-21-2013, 06:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

been down one time, been down two times, been down three times, been down four times............been down four hundred times....and I'm NEVER going back again?
Old 11-21-2013, 09:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I just read the book too- I borrowed it from the library. It was a waste of time! I'm not sure if she's in almost unbelievable denial (even 30 years later) or if she was being purposefully misleading. I was dying to know how she reacted to the lyrics of his Tusk songs! She obviously had to know who they were about. She just doesn't discuss it- except for that one song she thinks may be about her.

Last edited by brickney723; 11-21-2013 at 09:31 AM..
Old 11-21-2013, 03:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sanne2 View Post
But it seems she was a pretty naïve girl, there was obviously stuff happening that she missed. I think she really wanted to believe that Lindsey was over Stevie...
"The big thing, though, was that Lindsey still loved Stevie. I know he did. Though all the time he was with me, he never stopped loving her." -CAH 2007
Old 11-21-2013, 04:19 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wynne View Post
First of all she talks about the Grammy incident where Lindsey was stoned and went up the steps and she claims he was all alone and his legs were all rubber band, and the band stood back and watched him and did not help. if I remember correct, I saw this footage and saw the rubber band legs going up the steps but Stevie was right beside him guiding him up. Is this true?
No. It was Christine that helped him up the steps.

Quote:
Also why does she keep saying "we" like she was part of the band? She claims "The Chain" is "our" anthem?! I should have read this book a long time ago. I found it very strange how she forces the reader to keep thinking she was part of FM and bragging about being in the circle.
That's not uncommon. Not having read the book, I can only speculate that she wasn’t implying that she was in the band, but rather she was a part of the machinery on some level, and she was saying that "The Chain" was really the anthem of the machinery of Fleetwood Mac.

As for "bragging about being in the circle," as somebody who’s in the circle of a popular indie band, I can say that it consumes enough of one's time that there’s really not much else left to talk about, and what is left usually makes for a boring read.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 11-21-2013, 04:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

First of all she talks about the Grammy incident where Lindsey was stoned and went up the steps and she claims he was all alone and his legs were all rubber band, and the band stood back and watched him and did not help. if I remember correct, I saw this footage and saw the rubber band legs going up the steps but Stevie was right beside him guiding him up. Is this true?

i saw that you tube video a while ago, and i haven't been able to find it for the last year or so. does anyone know where it might be?
Old 11-21-2013, 05:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by lovethemac1 View Post

i saw that you tube video a while ago, and i haven't been able to find it for the last year or so. does anyone know where it might be?
Here ya go:

Funny, the AwardsShow youtube channel has edited this out of their version. LOL. Come on. It's hilarious.
Old 11-21-2013, 06:35 PM
Ledgie

Default Thank You!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YES YES YES I am so excited I KNEW it was Stevie!!!!!!!!!!!! Carol did NOT cover the incident the correct way at all!!!!!!!!!!! This has bothered me for a week. THANK you for posting this. I am so happy right now. Carol's book is interesting however it's all based on her illusion's. I have no idea why I wss uptight about this but I was, now I just had a huge sigh of relief!!!!!!!!!!
Old 11-21-2013, 06:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

ooooohhhhhhhh, that is just so darn funny. i can't stop watching him all wobbly. stevie saved his ass though, as she grabs him and hauls him back. and then he is holding on to her and mick for dear life. thank you very much for finding and posting that.
Old 11-21-2013, 06:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
YES YES YES I am so excited I KNEW it was Stevie!!!!!!!!!!!! Carol did NOT cover the incident the correct way at all!!!!!!!!!!! This has bothered me for a week. THANK you for posting this. I am so happy right now. Carol's book is interesting however it's all based on her illusion's. I have no idea why I wss uptight about this but I was, now I just had a huge sigh of relief!!!!!!!!!!
I agree. I found the book really interesting. Whether or not it was completely accurate, for those few hours that I was reading it, it felt like I was inside the Fleetwood Mac machine. Or at least as close as this little Canadian is going to get to any of them. And that in itself was fun for a complete Fleetwood Mac fan like me. I also did really like being able to analyse the facts and see if I could disprove any of it from all the other information available on line, other books, etc. Which was why I found that video a long time ago and was able to disprove to myself what CAH said in that part of the book. It was like a big Fleetwood Mac trivia quest! So, although I don't like untrue things being said about them, it was still so interesting to read.
Old 11-21-2013, 07:15 PM
Ledgie

Default Stevie's autobiography

So if Carol left that out of the book about Stevie helping him up the stairs and she must have access to the footage then she left out the part about the Rolling Stone cover shoot were Stevie and Lindsey stayed there kissing, she clearly is in denial about how very very much in love he was with Stevie. I think Carol wanted to believe she was "the one" Now I don't know what to believe in the book. She put favorable light on Stevie because she had to. She could not just diss her and sound bitter and jealous. I believe Lindsey used Carol to be honest. I also know for a fact he was still hooking up with Stevie while he and carol dated. I wish I would have read this long ago and could have been a part of this thread. All the old posts on this board will keep me up for months. I am furious I did not join ages ago! I wonder if Stevie will write a book? I hear different takes on it by her over the years. I never knew what a shipper was until last night. Sadly, I am a shipper.
Old 11-21-2013, 10:59 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
So if Carol left that out of the book about Stevie helping him up the stairs and she must have access to the footage then she left out the part about the Rolling Stone cover shoot were Stevie and Lindsey stayed there kissing, she clearly is in denial about how very very much in love he was with Stevie. I think Carol wanted to believe she was "the one" Now I don't know what to believe in the book. She put favorable light on Stevie because she had to. She could not just diss her and sound bitter and jealous. I believe Lindsey used Carol to be honest. I also know for a fact he was still hooking up with Stevie while he and carol dated. I wish I would have read this long ago and could have been a part of this thread. All the old posts on this board will keep me up for months. I am furious I did not join ages ago! I wonder if Stevie will write a book? I hear different takes on it by her over the years. I never knew what a shipper was until last night. Sadly, I am a shipper.
Aww don't be sad. Thanks for sharing your tusk tour experience!
Old 11-22-2013, 02:31 AM
Ledgie

I have not been able to pick the book back up in about a week now. I am scared to read on and discover things I do not like or that pisses me off. Even looking at the photos, I notice she put pretty decent photos of herself up but not ONE of Stevie. My Mom so lied to me when I was younger about Stevie. She did not want to shatter my little girl illusions of her. She used to say "Oh Stevie would never do drugs or drink alcohol or smoke and probably eats healthy food and blah blah" she later told me it was a ploy to get me to eat better and never do drugs or drink. It failed because I did all the things Stevie did. I have however finished Mick's book, it was a quick read. Very interesting. Ken's book was more technical and did not have to much gossip in the book. I did not really care for his sex life or his dog stories. However it gave me an insight to their genius. Anyone have any other books "worth" reading on FM subject?
Old 11-22-2013, 09:20 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I have a question about this book. I do not have time to go through all of the past pages right now, even though I will, but I am reading this Carol Anne Harris book. I found several things that were oddly a lie. So to make sure I am not crazy can someone confirm a few things for me? First of all she talks about the Grammy incident where Lindsey was stoned and went up the steps and she claims he was all alone and his legs were all rubber band, and the band stood back and watched him and did not help. if I remember correct, I saw this footage and saw the rubber band legs going up the steps but Stevie was right beside him guiding him up. Is this true? Next weird thing I found. The Rolling Stone cover shoot at Lindsey's house. She mentioned nothing about Lindsey and Stevie remaining in bed kissing after the shoot was over. However in another book, someone claims they did. Also I had the pleasure of meeting Stevie and saw the rest of the band at a rehearsal. My Mother's friend Barbara invited my Mom to go to the rehearsal. I got to tag along. I never spoke to anyone except Stevie and a few of her female friends who sat with us for about an hour and I took everything in, even they way she smelled. My Mom and Barbara told me about the dynamics of the group etc and I sort of understood at such a young age, but anyway, at one point I had to use the little girls room, I was told to go down the hall blah blah, well when I turned the corner, there was Stevie up against the wall and Lindsey was kissing her. I had no idea or clue Lindsey was dating this Carol girl. I was young and just happened to be there. Over the years I of course loved FM and Stevie and feel very lucky to have met her and I remember everything she said to me. In Carol's book she made it seem like Lindsey was over Stevie. Well he was not if they were kissing in a hall way during the Tusk rehearsal. Also why does she keep saying "we" like she was part of the band? She claims "The Chain" is "our" anthem?! I should have read this book a long time ago. I found it very strange how she forces the reader to keep thinking she was part of FM and bragging about being in the circle. I have photos with Stevie on this night I met her and will post them when I figure out how to up load them to a specific size I was told. I just want to know about the Grammy incident and the Rolling Stone Cover incident and if anyone else knows of any times where Stevie and Lindsey hooked up after they broke up, because they sure did the night I was there. Thank you for any help with my questions.
Thank you thank you thank you for sharing all this!!!

What did Stevie smell like? We've all heard about perfumes she wears or has wore in the past, but you mentioned you remembered the way she smelled... Do tell! Call me a freaky person, but I've always imagined she smells wonderful, and ohhh just to have a wiff myself would be awesome!

As for Stevie and Lindsey hooking up then, and over the years, I personally believe they did... why wouldn't they??? I mean, when you love someone the way Lindsey loved Stevie (however sometimes I wonder if she loved him as much back) there seems to always be a connection. When you spend so much time together, have the kind of crazy passion they did for each other, and were good lovers (like Stevie has stated in some interview) it can be hard to let that go...in my opinion, it can be hard to make clear boundaries with a man, especially when you enjoy him...in one way or another. I believe Stevie always knew she could have Lindsey if and when she wanted him. That door was always open until it wasn't....probably years down the line. She was young and a hottie, with many many men who desired her and more importantly she loves a "great romance," So what if some of them overlapped? These are things about Stevie that have made me love her so much, mostly because I can relate (to the relationship stuff, being in love or lust, struggles with drugs and alcohol/trips to rehab, etc).

Anywho, that's just my two cents yall!

I haven't posted in a while but your post really sparked my interest!

Can't wait to see your pictures with Stevie!

He asked me for my love
And that was all
Old 11-22-2013, 02:54 PM
Ledgie

I made two posts because I did not know how to navigate this website. So the answer you ask is under the thread Rumours era Book question, I guess if you click on my name it will show all my posts and you can see what I wrote. The smell was a smell I can not describe and I am a big perfume girl. The closest thing I could compare it to is some type of incense maybe? Musky yet floral and hew hair smelled like wheat, very clean. She did have the smell of smoke and alcohol due to everyone smoking in the room and drinking. But underneath all that it was just a unusual scent I have never been able to describe. Maybe it was not even perfume. Have you ever wlked into a boutique where they sell candles and incense? That is sort of the smell. Sweet with musky fragrance. The closest I ever got is a perfume called Celestine. I stumbled across it in a boutique and bought every bottle. When I wear it, people always stop me and ask what I am wearing.