User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 02-16-2007, 09:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs3676 View Post
When my sister was a girl scout (way back in the 70's), she'd drag a huge casefull of cookies up to houses. When she would start her routine, my brother and I would be on our bikes in the street taunting her screaming, "You cant sell any cookies! No one wants YOUR cookies!!".
It worked like a charm. She sold her entire stock in one day.

rbs
hahahaha!!!!!!!! i wish you had been around when i was a GS. i never sold any.
Old 02-16-2007, 10:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbs3676 View Post
OMG -- you can't swing a cat around here without hitting a girl scout, her mother and two tag-along friends BEGGING you to buy both the cookies AND the candy!

When my sister was a girl scout (way back in the 70's), she'd drag a huge casefull of cookies up to houses. When she would start her routine, my brother and I would be on our bikes in the street taunting her screaming, "You cant sell any cookies! No one wants YOUR cookies!!".
It worked like a charm. She sold her entire stock in one day.

rbs

Oh. My. God. That is brilliant! I can never come up with evil schemes. Seriously, I can't believe you guys thought of that. What's your IQ? Like, 200?
I was always having to sell some stupid candy when I was little, for softball. I didn't have brothers or sisters, luckily my parents are chocolate pigs.
I'll have to take a moment to bask in the brilliance...

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -
Old 02-16-2007, 10:34 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I am extremely puzzled and completely disgusted.

About 3 weeks ago I decided it was high time to ditch the body fat. Either that or cut my throat, and that woulda been too messy.

So I ditched the alcohol. A big thing, I thought, as I was downing about 3500 calories of margaritas a week. Foodwise, I limited myself to 1500-1800 calories a day. Working out at least 90 minutes a day.

Week 1 - I was down 3 pounds.

Week 2 (last week) - I swam 6 miles. I walked 12 miles. Lifted weights for no less than 3 hours. I cheated a bit, and drank some white wine one night. About 600 calories of it. Other than that, was very good with eating. I lost a measly 1.5 pounds.

This week, I have so far swam 4.8 miles. Walked 4. Eaten like a saint. I just got back from a 40 minute bike ride after which I rowed for 24 minutes. All I have eaten is breakfast. Been too busy.

I HAVE GAINED A FUKCING POUND.

One more week of this and I am gonna go to the doctor and see if something is wrong with me. Maybe my testosterone is screwed up. Maybe I have a ten pound tumor in my guts. Cause if not, I see 4 options: a) drop the calories to 1000 a day and crank the exercise to 2 1/2 hours each day, b) barf up half the food I eat, c) buy some speed, or d) resign myself to being fat and just buy an entirely new wardrobe. Cause I tell ya, this **** is not working. WTF am I doing wrong? At this point I want to just go out, get a pizza, a bag of Doritos, and a 6 pack and gorge myself out of sheer rage. Why the fukc not?

All animals are equal. But some animals are more equal than others.
Old 02-16-2007, 10:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Location: Fighting foh the Nohthun Stah...NO SPEED LIMIT! BITCH! THIS IS THE FAST LANE!!!

^^^^

Uh, sweetie, this is just a well acknowledged scientific theory, but have you considered how muscle weighs more than fat?

And for god sake, don't eat less, that will rev down your metabolism. I've been even reading more about that lately, how when some people want to lose those last few pounds they have to eat more often and more cals (nutritious things, obviously, but you get my point) - if you are excercising that much, and not eating much cals, your body will want to store. I don't think that is what is happening now, I just think it would be a really bad idea to lessen your calories even more.

Also, several people and experts have sworn by this, if you want to try it - a tablespoon or two of unrefined organic virgin coconut oil at night and in the morning.
I haven't found a great way to eat it yet, but it goes okay in hot drinks, and on popcorn, and apparently smoothies are good. But I put it in my orange juice and it kind of solidified, so I probably won't be a fan of the smoothie method.
Anywhoo, lots of people have lost weight with it, but even if you don't, it has other great nutritional benefits.
I just started two days ago, the oil was $13. But the theory is, you will drop a few pounds even if you change nothing.

But honestly, I don't think you have a problem, your muscles are probably just swoll. (swollen, bigger, etc.)
Chill it out, Manorexia. Just teasing you. But if you lost 3, then gained 1, you are still down 2. That is a lot of workout, I really think it's swoll muscles.

Whehyll I can do EHYT!! Wehyll I can make it WAHN moh thihme! (wheyllit'sA reayllongwaytogooo! To say goodbhiiy!) -

Last edited by amber; 02-16-2007 at 10:59 PM..
Old 02-17-2007, 01:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by amber View Post
^^^^

Uh, sweetie, this is just a well acknowledged scientific theory, but have you considered how muscle weighs more than fat?

And for god sake, don't eat less, that will rev down your metabolism. I've been even reading more about that lately, how when some people want to lose those last few pounds they have to eat more often and more cals (nutritious things, obviously, but you get my point) - if you are excercising that much, and not eating much cals, your body will want to store. I don't think that is what is happening now, I just think it would be a really bad idea to lessen your calories even more.

Also, several people and experts have sworn by this, if you want to try it - a tablespoon or two of unrefined organic virgin coconut oil at night and in the morning.
I haven't found a great way to eat it yet, but it goes okay in hot drinks, and on popcorn, and apparently smoothies are good. But I put it in my orange juice and it kind of solidified, so I probably won't be a fan of the smoothie method.
Anywhoo, lots of people have lost weight with it, but even if you don't, it has other great nutritional benefits.
I just started two days ago, the oil was $13. But the theory is, you will drop a few pounds even if you change nothing.

But honestly, I don't think you have a problem, your muscles are probably just swoll. (swollen, bigger, etc.)
Chill it out, Manorexia. Just teasing you. But if you lost 3, then gained 1, you are still down 2. That is a lot of workout, I really think it's swoll muscles.

Well, we'll see what happens. Maybe I'll try the coconut oil. If this method hadn't worked so well before, I wouldn't be so flipped. It just doesn't make any kind of sense.

Old 02-17-2007, 01:22 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
Well, we'll see what happens. Maybe I'll try the coconut oil. If this method hadn't worked so well before, I wouldn't be so flipped. It just doesn't make any kind of sense.
Also it sounds like you might be dehydrated.

Honestly, if I read everything you did correctly, that pound couldn't be a pound of fat. It just couldn't. Just be patient, you'll see what is really going on in a little while.

I mean, you don't have this giant round belly sticking out in front of you all of a sudden, do you? If in the past 2 days all of your clothes had become grossly tight or something, then there might be cause for panic. As it is, you probably just put on some muscle or have some water bloat.
Love ya!
starqueesha

Old 02-17-2007, 01:25 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
please consult your physician beginning this or any exercise or diet routine.

ITA with Amber.
Old 02-17-2007, 01:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Also it sounds like you might be dehydrated.

Honestly, if I read everything you did correctly, that pound couldn't be a pound of fat. It just couldn't. Just be patient, you'll see what is really going on in a little while.

I mean, you don't have this giant round belly sticking out in front of you all of a sudden, do you? If in the past 2 days all of your clothes had become grossly tight or something, then there might be cause for panic. As it is, you probably just put on some muscle or have some water bloat.
Love ya!
starqueesha
I am so not dehydrated, I don't think. I'm drinkin at least 64 ounces of water a day. No, the belly isn't all of a sudden, it's been growing for a year.

I very well may have put on some muscle. My arms, chest and back are bigger, even in three weeks. But the gut hasn't shrunk much.

Yeah, I'll stick with the program. But I may drink some tequila just cause I fukcin want to. Thanks, 'queesh.

Old 02-17-2007, 01:31 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
But I may drink some tequila just cause I fukcin want to.
that's the spirit kid!
Old 02-17-2007, 01:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazmenFlowers View Post
that's the spirit kid!
I may go to the freezer and hit the Silver Patron right this second.

Hell, Sharqueesha told me I may need more calories.

Old 02-17-2007, 01:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I may go to the freezer and hit the Silver Patron right this second.
now you're talking my language.

want some company?
Old 02-17-2007, 02:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by JazmenFlowers View Post
now you're talking my language.

want some company?
How fast can you get to Los Angeles?

I'm sitting on the porch in a t-shirt. It's 63 degrees.

Old 02-17-2007, 02:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
How fast can you get to Los Angeles?

I'm sitting on the porch in a t-shirt. It's 63 degrees.
That is shawl weather for me. You must've already had a shot.

(teacher voice) And, have you brought enough for everyone to share, Mr. Sparky?
Old 02-17-2007, 02:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ragandbone View Post
That is shawl weather for me. You must've already had a shot.

(teacher voice) And, have you brought enough for everyone to share, Mr. Sparky?
I'd look silly in a shawl, but I have a Levi jacket handy.

Share? Of course. I have a 1.75 liter bottle of Patron left to over from xmas.
It's the size of a gym bag.
I could get a dozen Marines drunk. Now that's a visual.

Old 02-17-2007, 02:19 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I'd look silly in a shawl, but I have a Levi jacket handy.

Share? Of course. I have a 1.75 liter bottle of Patron left to over from xmas.
It's the size of a gym bag.
I could get a dozen Marines drunk. Now that's a visual.
That's a workout!