The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-29-2011, 06:44 AM
Addicted Ledgie

On my way to work! I hope I get to work on time. I'm early now so we shall see!
Old 08-29-2011, 09:30 AM
Addicted Ledgie

JTIS...

That today's my Stevie show...and OH MY GOD am I anxious! I always get anxious before a show! plus, I'm driving to Boston lol

~Love, Caitlin~
Old 08-29-2011, 09:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enchanted_Stevi View Post
JTIS...

That today's my Stevie show...and OH MY GOD am I anxious! I always get anxious before a show! plus, I'm driving to Boston lol
Go running. I went for a run right after I texted you, and now I'm feeling human again haha.

FIVE HOURS AND TWENTY MINUTES UNTIL YOU'RE HERE.
You're so like me
Old 08-29-2011, 10:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Cool Well...

I will make this short...I was discharged from the hospital for 3 days before I had a complete breakdown/relapse and readmitted myself. Had I not I would not be alive today (I had attempted suicide on a serious note twice last week) so I am still struggling to cope with all the **** in my life.

Keep me in your thoughts & prayers.

THE Brian j.

"To acknowledge death is to accept freedom and responsibility."

"Fleetwood Mac and its fans remind me of a toilet plunger...keep bringing up old sh*t..."
Old 08-29-2011, 10:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by estranged4life View Post
I will make this short...I was discharged from the hospital for 3 days before I had a complete breakdown/relapse and readmitted myself. Had I not I would not be alive today (I had attempted suicide on a serious note twice last week) so I am still struggling to cope with all the **** in my life.

THE Brian j.
i am sorry to hear about your troubles. i am not trying to scold you, or be harsh at all, with my next few comments. Please note that i am saying this with all honesty, sincerity and it comes straight from a loving heart:

Nothing, absolutely nothing, is worth you taking your own life. The life you have is precious and should be celebrated. yes things maybe hard for you right now, have always been hard in the past and you may have hard times in the future, but YOU CAN rise above it all. Never EVER give up on yourself. You can do anything if you put your mind to it and no one, and nothing, should make you feel different.

When you think you have it bad, TRUST ME, others have it far worse so you should count your blessings and be thankful for all you have.

Do Not Do That Again! Don't even let those thoughts fill your brain. If you need help, go to someone and talk to them. There are places you can go for assistance like turn2me.org (i googled suicide help and this is the first thing that came up), churches, doctors and, of course, some folks here on the ledge. No judgements here boo. if you wanna talk to me, my ear aka PM box is open.

OK!? You Got That?! Ya Heard Me!? *hugs*
Old 08-29-2011, 10:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

THE Brian j.
I'm glad you're being proactive and getting the help you need. Keep fighting--your life is worth so much.
Old 08-29-2011, 10:32 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:

THE Brian j.
I'm so sorry about your relapse. I've been close to your position before, and I know how difficult it is. I just wish I had your courage to take positive steps to try and help myself. I've been a self harmer since I was fourteen and I've never been able to stick with counselling and such to help me. You stick with it, though, because you're worth so much more than the treatment you give yourself. And think of all the wonderful music you'll never get to hear if you're not here any more!
Old 08-29-2011, 11:24 AM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

God. I ask my mum a question about my student finance, she loses her temper saying I'm shouting at her, dad comes into the room and loses his temper with me for it. For Fu.ck sake.... And they wonder why I want to get the hell out of this house....
Old 08-29-2011, 11:33 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Springs View Post
God. I ask my mum a question about my student finance, she loses her temper saying I'm shouting at her, dad comes into the room and loses his temper with me for it. For Fu.ck sake.... And they wonder why I want to get the hell out of this house....
Sounds EXACTLY like my house. Student loan is doing my nut in aswell. Roll on when this course is finished and I can move out!!!
Old 08-29-2011, 12:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by wild-heart View Post
Sounds EXACTLY like my house. Student loan is doing my nut in aswell. Roll on when this course is finished and I can move out!!!
I love the fact that they just sent my Mother an email saying they haven't recieved my documentation, but when she went to check the information, EVERY bit of information that was in my documents was on file for them. They couldn't run a bath, I'm telling you. What year are you onto next? I'm just applying for my third year BA loans/maintenance. What course are you studying?
Old 08-29-2011, 12:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I love the fact that they just sent my Mother an email saying they haven't recieved my documentation, but when she went to check the information, EVERY bit of information that was in my documents was on file for them. They couldn't run a bath, I'm telling you. What year are you onto next? I'm just applying for my third year BA loans/maintenance. What course are you studying?
Urgh, don't get me started on how incompetent they are at Student Loans. First they tell me I've applied for £0. When I clicked "maximum" in both boxes. Then when I phone them to sort it out, the guy said they can do the tuition fee on their end, but I'd have to fill in a form to sort out the maintenance. Fair enough, I thought. So, they posted the form, I filled it out... and then when I get the "sign this to get your money" letter, the tuition fee was still down as £0.

Old 08-29-2011, 12:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
ARGH they are such muppets i feel your pain! Last year I got a letter through saying they were stopping ALL payments because they thought it was fraud, turns out after hours on the phone it was just a mistake. Then none of us got paid untill november. Ahh I'm just about to go into my second and last year of HND Photography, then another 2/3 years optional if I want to top it up to a degree but i don't think i'll bother. I think i'm just going to try and get even more experience in the next year. I study at Wolverhampton but spend most of my time at Sandwell college, the college is sh!t but the photography department is brilliant! What about you? what you study? where?
Old 08-29-2011, 12:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemis View Post
Urgh, don't get me started on how incompetent they are at Student Loans. First they tell me I've applied for £0. When I clicked "maximum" in both boxes. Then when I phone them to sort it out, the guy said they can do the tuition fee on their end, but I'd have to fill in a form to sort out the maintenance. Fair enough, I thought. So, they posted the form, I filled it out... and then when I get the "sign this to get your money" letter, the tuition fee was still down as £0.
I just bet you anything that if we could sort it ourselves, it would all be right within five minutes. The people who operate the complaints division must be working on commission.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wild-heart View Post
ARGH they are such muppets i feel your pain! Last year I got a letter through saying they were stopping ALL payments because they thought it was fraud, turns out after hours on the phone it was just a mistake. Then none of us got paid untill november. Ahh I'm just about to go into my second and last year of HND Photography, then another 2/3 years optional if I want to top it up to a degree but i don't think i'll bother. I think i'm just going to try and get even more experience in the next year. I study at Wolverhampton but spend most of my time at Sandwell college, the college is sh!t but the photography department is brilliant! What about you? what you study? where?
See above post about working on commission, lol. I wouldn't mind so much, but this is the THIRD year I've had problems with them. Last year they received THREE separate packages of documentation (not to mention all of the work that had to be done by my mum to get hold of the relevant documentation as they needed her and my father's disability allowance documentation, income support and all kinds of things that needed to be sent off for) after losing them, only to find the first lot of documents at the bottom of the pile. They couldn't find their arse with both hands, I'm sure. Ooo..Photography! My friend is really into Photography and does a lot of shoots on commission. She's very into the macabre. Do you have a Facebook? I could send you the link to her group if you like. Has some very nice stuff. I'm about to start my third year Bachelor of the Arts Degree in Fine Art, with Minors in Drawing Studies, Theoretical Studies and Personal Development (Obligatory or I wouldn't bother with that one, haha). I'm studying at Bradford College's Art Department (Terrible. Absolutely terrible), and I'm hoping next year to either study for my Master of the Arts in Chester, Lancaster, Cumbria or, if worse comes to it, Leeds.

Old 08-29-2011, 12:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I just bet you anything that if we could sort it ourselves, it would all be right within five minutes. The people who operate the complaints division must be working on commission.

See above post about working on commission, lol. I wouldn't mind so much, but this is the THIRD year I've had problems with them. Last year they received THREE separate packages of documentation (not to mention all of the work that had to be done by my mum to get hold of the relevant documentation as they needed her and my father's disability allowance documentation, income support and all kinds of things that needed to be sent off for) after losing them, only to find the first lot of documents at the bottom of the pile. They couldn't find their arse with both hands, I'm sure. Ooo..Photography! My friend is really into Photography and does a lot of shoots on commission. She's very into the macabre. Do you have a Facebook? I could send you the link to her group if you like. Has some very nice stuff. I'm about to start my third year Bachelor of the Arts Degree in Fine Art, with Minors in Drawing Studies, Theoretical Studies and Personal Development (Obligatory or I wouldn't bother with that one, haha). I'm studying at Bradford College's Art Department (Terrible. Absolutely terrible), and I'm hoping next year to either study for my Master of the Arts in Chester, Lancaster, Cumbria or, if worse comes to it, Leeds.

Ahh so frustarting!! They lose everything!!! They lost my friends birth certificate last year -_- LOL "they couldn't find their arse with both their hands" made me LOL! They are taking the piss now with you though espesh how you've been doing it for three years! I don't have facebook but my friends keep pestering me to set one up so when i do i'll hit you up for that link. thanks (: Oh wow what you do sounds brilliant! It does suck when the college is crap. Sandwell is full of chavs and it's pretty depressing but as soon as i get into the basement it's okay i suppose. We move to a new building though half way through the year which will piss us about.
Ahh i bet you get into your place of choice
Old 08-29-2011, 01:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
They're all incompetent morons. I used to have a friend who had worked in Student Finance, and they said that the whole place was a complete shambles... it doesn't surprise me in the least. The amount of people I know who've had trouble with the finance this year... it's ridiculous.