User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-02-2014, 02:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueDenimLamp View Post
In the "IYD" book Stevie lists her management as "HK Management...Howard Kaufman and Sheryl Louis"
No mention of Azoff
And I'm just not clear on what kind of relationship Howard Kaufman and Irving Azoff have with each other, right now.

Michele
Old 05-02-2014, 03:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
nope, they've done it since BN first joined FM.

but i don't think they've ever co-written so many songs together, at least not on one album.
cool. I only ask because I don't remember reading shared songwriting credits on any past FM albums. It seemed like they were written either entirely by Chris or entirely by Lindsey. But perhaps I just missed it.

I remember it all...you just had to fall...
Old 05-02-2014, 03:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
And I'm just not clear on what kind of relationship Howard Kaufman and Irving Azoff have with each other, right now.

Michele
"HK" is also listed as management in the "Crystal Visions" book...
Azoff is listed in the CV book credits...
Old 05-02-2014, 03:19 PM

Buckingham/McVie

World Turning
Isn't It Midnight
You and I 1 & 2
Mystified
Gone Too Far
How I Feel

And then there's

Don't Stop (Christine) Lindsey vocal
Hold Me (Christine) LIndsey vocal
Think About Me (Christine) Lindsey vocal
Old 05-02-2014, 03:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie

But they wrote Ricky together too. Of course, maybe that's not a good thing for some people.

Michele
Old 05-02-2014, 03:28 PM

Quote:
But they wrote Ricky together too. Of course, maybe that's not a good thing for some people.

Michele
I had a feeling you'd chime in with that one.
Old 05-02-2014, 03:29 PM

"When someone takes such a long hiatus, you don't know if that was a moment in time; if that [working relationship] is still there," he said. "You know the potential is still there, but are the tools for getting in touch with it still there? But actually, it's better than ever, wouldn't you say?"
"Absolutely," McVie said instantaneously.
Old 05-02-2014, 03:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
"When someone takes such a long hiatus, you don't know if that was a moment in time; if that [working relationship] is still there," he said. "You know the potential is still there, but are the tools for getting in touch with it still there? But actually, it's better than ever, wouldn't you say?"
"Absolutely," McVie said instantaneously.
It would have been awkward if she'd hesitated, looked down and started twisting her locks, before answering.

Michele
Old 05-02-2014, 03:35 PM

Quote:
It would have been awkward if she'd hesitated, looked down and started twisting her locks, before answering.

Michele
"Shtevie don't leave me in this wilderness, I'll give you your 5 million dollars back!"
Old 05-02-2014, 04:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
Whether you picked all of the negative ones are just some of them they're still a small minority. Most people are excited.
exactly! and people keep discussing their excitement, so why keep amping up the negativity?

that said....... if you think nobody should criticize your favorite member or have a little fun at their expense, maybe you need to just stay in the forum that's dedicated to that specific member. i took a look into SN forum and there's tons of spitting on LB's musical contributions as well as name-calling of his fans - but it's SN forum, a place where her fans can play together and enjoy their groupthink.

if you come to the Rumours forum, it makes sense to have discussions from all angles and expect equal praise and criticizing of all FM members; not everyone will think that your favorite farts rainbows while everyone else can make nothing but crap . so if you can't stand your favorite being criticized and the only thing you have to contribute to the discussion is expressing your outrage over that, maybe you shouldn't be coming to the band forum.

yes, there are many many LB fans who left TL and don't think it's worth to ever come back here anymore. but lately there has been some newcomers on all sides and they are throwing some interesting opinions or knowledge in the mix, so there's at least a bit of discussion now. and open discussion without walking on eggshells all the time shouldn't be a bad thing.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-02-2014, 05:02 PM
Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secret love View Post
I, like you, am not an old hippie. I'm 20. So someone called you a hippie? Doesn't that mean you're someone whose political views are left of centre? Some who is anti-establishment and smokes a lot of weed?
I don't think anyone called me a hippie, just implied that only a hippie could/would relate to Stevie & her spirit catcher. But I do in a way relate...as for your above definition of a hippie, I fail on most every count.
Old 05-02-2014, 05:08 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueLight View Post
What a fantastic article! It sounds like Christine is really in a great place.

So, between the two songs referenced here, and the remaining songs the band recorded last year, the songs for the new album potentially include:

Too Far Gone (CM/LB)
How I Feel (CM/LB)
Family Party (LB)
Hunger (LB)
I'm A Jazz Man (LB)
In My World (LB)
Is It Right (LB)
Lay Down For Free (LB)
On With The Show (LB)
Up Your Speed (LB)

http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?p=1083450
I don't know: Family Party and I'm A Jazz Man Sound Like "Family Man" Remixes
Old 05-02-2014, 05:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
exactly! and people keep discussing their excitement, so why keep amping up the negativity?

that said....... if you think nobody should criticize your favorite member or have a little fun at their expense, maybe you need to just stay in the forum that's dedicated to that specific member. i took a look into SN forum and there's tons of spitting on LB's musical contributions as well as name-calling of his fans - but it's SN forum, a place where her fans can play together and enjoy their groupthink.

if you come to the Rumours forum, it makes sense to have discussions from all angles and expect equal praise and criticizing of all FM members; not everyone will think that your favorite farts rainbows while everyone else can make nothing but crap . so if you can't stand your favorite being criticized and the only thing you have to contribute to the discussion is expressing your outrage over that, maybe you shouldn't be coming to the band forum.

yes, there are many many LB fans who left TL and don't think it's worth to ever come back here anymore. but lately there has been some newcomers on all sides and they are throwing some interesting opinions or knowledge in the mix, so there's at least a bit of discussion now. and open discussion without walking on eggshells all the time shouldn't be a bad thing.
The Christine fans are what makes the ledge worth all of it.
Old 05-02-2014, 05:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

This is great news!

8 songs!!

Plus the other existing 8.

Christine has really valued collaboration since her 1984 solo album. She's a team player. And there's no doubt she really wanted Lindsey to work WITH her on songs. But why, oh why, does he have to be such an a** sometimes? "That's something you always wanted me to do FOR you..." I'm sure he didn't mean it as an insult, but the guy really doesn't have a sense of tact.

The comment about Stevie's needs being more complicated is certainly a dig. A public criticism of her. Implied in it, too, is his sense that she needs him but won't admit it. She, in turn, is pretty much publicly showing the world she doesn't need HIM and can turn to her other soulmate. It's all so pathetic, really. These two and their ongoing conflicts.

What I wish the article gave us is a teaser of the actual two tunes mentioned! Just a teaser--30 seconds each!!
Old 05-02-2014, 05:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
The Christine fans are what makes the ledge worth all of it.
But of course!

And they bring in much needed voice of reason........ and lots of refreshing sarcasm.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"