Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-25-2011, 07:02 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enchanted_Stevi View Post
JTIS...

I am home from the Boston Aquarium....and Boston finally lol I walked all around Boston ALL day with wicked shore legs from helping Ashley's dad do a landscape job yesterday with Ashley and Sarah LOL i never knew how much work was spent into that!! I woke up today and was instantly like "ouuuuch!!!"

But on a good note I touched a TON of sting rays and a shark at the touch tank exhibit =D
You're brave! I wouldn't have. I'd be scared that it'll eat me!
Old 08-25-2011, 08:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Sometimes, complaining can really help you out.

When I first applied to Durham, I applied to the most prestigious college (similar to Hogwarts houses) at the university but didn't get in... they said that it was because I was an international student and all the slots had been filled. I was really disappointed because that college had everything I was looking for -- huge academic focus, VERY formal (grace in latin, black robed dinners) and best of all, it's the only college based in the castle at Durham -- students live in it and our bar/library/common room is inside. I got placed into a very modern college instead.

Well, I complained about my knee issues (since the modern college is far from the English department) and after months of arguing with people, they finally moved me.... to the college I originally wanted! I thought there was no chance I'd get placed in Castle so I am BEYOND thrilled.

Meet my home for the next three years...

Old 08-25-2011, 09:16 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fumidesigns View Post
You're brave! I wouldn't have. I'd be scared that it'll eat me!
Well the stingrays werent that big and the sharks were small...not like a bull shark or anything lol

~Love, Caitlin~
Old 08-25-2011, 10:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Danielle- what a dream come true for you. I know you will work hard and make the most of these next few years. I am really proud of you.
Old 08-25-2011, 10:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I wish you well dani on your journey to england!

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen View Post
Sometimes, complaining can really help you out.

When I first applied to Durham, I applied to the most prestigious college (similar to Hogwarts houses) at the university but didn't get in... they said that it was because I was an international student and all the slots had been filled. I was really disappointed because that college had everything I was looking for -- huge academic focus, VERY formal (grace in latin, black robed dinners) and best of all, it's the only college based in the castle at Durham -- students live in it and our bar/library/common room is inside. I got placed into a very modern college instead.

Well, I complained about my knee issues (since the modern college is far from the English department) and after months of arguing with people, they finally moved me.... to the college I originally wanted! I thought there was no chance I'd get placed in Castle so I am BEYOND thrilled.

SuperFleetwood
www.youtube.com/SuperFleetwoodMac (Watch Rare HQ Fleetwood Mac Videos) And youtube.com/thesuperfleetwood
Old 08-25-2011, 11:07 AM
Senior Ledgie

Quote:

University College! I've seen it for real and it looks even better than in pictures especially when it snows. It is in the most beautiful spot by the river. Very picturesque and very English. You will love it Dani.

Oh! We have very, very cold winters in the North East - make sure you bring lots of warm clothing!

Last edited by gfd1963; 08-25-2011 at 11:09 AM..
Old 08-25-2011, 11:07 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enchanted_Stevi View Post
Well the stingrays werent that big and the sharks were small...not like a bull shark or anything lol
girl i still would have been scared!!!!
Old 08-25-2011, 11:09 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jannieC View Post
Danielle- what a dream come true for you. I know you will work hard and make the most of these next few years. I am really proud of you.
I love you Jannie! I'll definitely make the most of it, simply because I feel so blessed to be going.

Now let's just pray that I have no visa issues... I'm cutting it close with the visa and I'm pretty petrified.
Old 08-25-2011, 11:13 AM
Addicted Ledgie

it's pouring out. i am gonna get a soup. i've decided that oatmeal for lunch isn't gonna help my mood and the way i feel right now.
Old 08-25-2011, 11:17 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gfd1963 View Post
University College! I've seen it for real and it looks even better than in pictures especially when it snows. It is in the most beautiful spot by the river. Very picturesque and very English. You will love it Dani.

Oh! We have very, very cold winters in the North East - make sure you bring lots of warm clothing!
Ahhhhhhh I am so excited! I'm overwhelmed with how perfect it is...

How cold are we talking? I've lived in California my entire life so I'm not used to snow at all! How much does it snow there? I'm gonna have to go shopping over there to get proper winter wear, I think...
Old 08-25-2011, 11:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

ok i decided against the chicken rice soup at hale and hearty cause it was NOT GOOD! urgh! i got veg corn chowder instead. i just need to warm up! i hate a summer cold! urgh!
Old 08-25-2011, 11:36 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
How cold are we talking? I've lived in California my entire life so I'm not used to snow at all! How much does it snow there? I'm gonna have to go shopping over there to get proper winter wear, I think...
In Winter this year, we had so much snow and ice that carparks just became ice-rinks, pipes froze, University and Schools closed and the whole country just basically shut down. I was in the halls last year, and I had to end up going back home, cause it was so damned cold, and the heating pipes were just frozen. I left my radiator on for a week, and when I went back, I might as well have not bothered It might be a total system shock, when winter kicks in, especially if it snows, but, we're generally useless at dealing with the snow anyway.

You'll have a great time at Durham, I have friends who go there, and they say it's wonderful. Apart from the odd snotty person.

Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I hate men. Seriously, I HATE men.

Edit: I hate straight men.

**AHEM!**

What'd I do to piss you off......THIS TIME?
Senior Ledgie

Smile

Quote:
Ahhhhhhh I am so excited! I'm overwhelmed with how perfect it is...

It usually snows a couple of inches or so which is not too bad. Last winter was particularly bad though and I think temperatures went down to about minus 5 or so from what I can remember. Lavender plants which I had in my garden for years were killed off. I must say, however, it did look very beautiful and mystical at times.
Just have yourself a good shopping trip to Newcastle, wrap up warmly and you'll be fine.
Old 08-25-2011, 11:38 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
**AHEM!**

What'd I do to piss you off......THIS TIME?
she was replying to me...............