User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-01-2018, 09:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by StevieandChris View Post

I just think his past attitude/reputation has to have come into play regarding what happened recently. Otherwise they could have worked it out. If it was only Stevie wanting revenge why would Christine and John go with it (even though Chris says she was unaware, which I don’t buy).
For money?

Old 05-01-2018, 09:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
I wasn't talking about you but I couldn't disagree more! If they were gonna kick people out for being assholes they would've kicked him out in the 70s/80s when he was at his peak asshole behavior. Or during Say You Will since he was also getting on their nerves then. And also probably would've kicked other people out as well since Lindsey is not the only one with a reputation. You know who actually DID delay Fleetwood Mac in recent years? None other than Miss Stevie Nicks! Read Mick's Playboy interview, he was not a happy camper. And yet she faced no consequence for it.
Also if it was all cumulative why did all of those people (minus Stevie) work on the Buckingham McVie album? Why'd they go and tour it? That tour finished just months ago! And they all had nothing but a positive experience! Do you think that they said to themselves, 'we're gonna take a little break from being mad at Lindsey for acting like a major jerk back in the day, to go out and make this album with him, then go out and tour it and have a blast, then just a few months after we come back, THEN we're gonna fire Lindsey even though he hasn't really done anything except ask for some scheduling tweaks about the tour!!!'

**Also the suggestion that Lindsey today is not 'equally as talented' is ridiculous. You must have never seen them in concert recently then. I don't deny his vocal range is basically gone, but he was 90% of that band's energy onstage. ANYONE will tell you that. Even the people that come solely to see Stevie. And, as the Buckingham McVie album proves, he's still actively making new music that is nice to listen to.

Stevie has been acting like a f*cking diva since 1975, and yet she was never fired. Because she's Stevie Nicks. Do I need to say more? Nah, what's the point? But Lindsey's a jerk who deserved to be fired.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Lindsey Buckingham, May 11, 2018.
Old 05-01-2018, 09:53 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Who knows why this band does what they do? They could/should have fired Lindsey in 1980 after the tantrum on stage in Australia. But they didn’t do it then. He’s lucky Mick and John didn’t fire him years ago when he was overbearing when he first joined.

And yes, they could have and probably should have fired Stevie after she didn’t record in what led up to BM. But they didn’t.

I just think his past attitude/reputation has to have come into play regarding what happened recently. Otherwise they could have worked it out. If it was only Stevie wanting revenge why would Christine and John go with it (even though Chris says she was unaware, which I don’t buy).
I'm not saying this was all about Stevie wanting revenge. I personally believe (based of ALL the information I've gathered about this and what the 'sources' say) that Stevie, in the aftermath of Tom's death, is in a headspace where she wants to live her life happily. And for her in that perspective, that doesn't mean going on tour with the ex-boyfriend she's always had a grudge against and most of all, who she gets into petty fights with. And yes I do think she had some bitterness towards him for the Buckingham McVie album and that did play SOME role in it. So when Lindsey started asking if he could do two tours, if he could play his shows in between FM, and they were saying no and presumably started arguing, she just snapped. And decided 'no, I'm done, I want to be happy happy happy with no problems'. And of course she suggests her good friend, the best friend of the late Tom Petty to take his place. Mick's #1 priority is making money so he's probably pissed at Lindsey to begin with for wanting to work his solo project at the same time as FM, and of course he has to appease his cash cow so he agrees. I also agree that the story that Christine didn't know until after the deal was done is a farce, but I do believe that Christine didn't have much power in the decision. But if you've been listening to the radio station, she talks a lot about Lindsey and says nothing but good things. In the CBS interview as well, she only said how great of a time she had with him on their album. I don't think John cares much either way and he goes with whatever Mick wants.

I don't think Stevie is a villain for this. I just think that she's basically stuck in her grief over Tom. She wants to be happy, she wants to have Tom's friend, her friend close to her and so she thinks this is the way to be happy.
Old 05-01-2018, 09:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
I don't think Stevie is a villain for this. I just think that she's basically stuck in her grief over Tom. She wants to be happy, she wants to have Tom's friend, her friend close to her and so she thinks this is the way to be happy.
Then she should have left FM and join HB.
"I think what you would say is that there were factions within the band that had lost their perspective. What that did was to harm the 43-year legacy that we had worked so hard to build, and that legacy was really about rising above difficulties in order to fulfill one's higher truth and one's higher destiny."
Old 05-01-2018, 10:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by button-lip View Post
Then she should have left FM and join HB.
I don't think everyone in the Heartbreakers would be cool with that .Benmont for one really seems to have her number

Last edited by BombaySapphire3; 05-01-2018 at 10:07 PM..
Old 05-01-2018, 10:07 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
You think we're upset because they "own us something"?

Stevie and Mick own Lindsey the right to be on his band. They own to his family an explanation.

Stevie and Mick chose for Lindsey. He didn't have the right to choose because they fired him.

We're also dissappointed Lindsey isn't on this tour. Mostly because he wanted to be on it. So, yeah....
Maybe they gave LB an explanation and he doesn’t like it? Maybe that’s why he is silent?

Why do they owe his family an explanation? They only owe one to to Lindsey. How old are his children? Are they still minors?

Usually the person getting fired doesn’t like it. That’s a given. Being in a band doesn’t mean you get to be in it forever unless you founded it.
Old 05-01-2018, 10:09 PM
Senior Ledgie

I don't think she cared they did an album without her. Stevie seemed relieved to have Christine back in the group and lobbied for it. The Buckingham McVie album was quite forgettable. But kept Christine and Lindsey busy for awhile.

There is so much tension between Stevie and Lindsey nowadays, it led to an increased partnership between Christine and Lindsey onstage which found its way into the studio. Was probably convenient for Stevie.

Things between Stevie and Lindsey have obviously deteriorated very badly. Christine coming back to the group probably increased the distance between them rather than mended fences. But Stevie was probably just glad to have him off her hands.

As well as this trouble, I think that Mick has started having his own issues with Lindsey and is trying to reclaim back the broader legacy of this group, as the original founder and overseer. That's what got the vote kick against him.

John McVie has been through serious illness. Tom Petty's death and loss of a few others has reminded them of their mortality and at this point they don't need all the tension and drama with them anymore. It got to point where they couldn't find a happy, balanced compromise.

I think there are multiple reasons here and it's a shame it came to this. Lindsey is such an awesome talent but he can be difficult and focused on himself.

There's been manipulation all sides. If all the others are so terrible though and useless without Lindsey, just don't go see them? Get Lindsey's next solo album and go to his show. That's where he should take everything. He can do an entire album on this theme portraying himself as victim at all points. Cry me a river. He brought this on himself.

Really more serious problems in world today than handful of divas in twilight of glittering career who can't get along...
Old 05-01-2018, 10:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
I don't think everyone in the Heartbreakers would be cool with that .Benmont for one really seems to have her number
But Benmont did several albums and tours with her and was her musical director on some.

If you read Tom's authorized biography, however, Stan Lynch was def not a fan.
Old 05-01-2018, 10:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
The day after Musicares. I'm sure you saw that video, where he didn't even know he was being filmed, so he wasn't lying. Even his family asked for that video on IG, so they will probably use it as evidence that:

1. he didn't even know he was gonna get fired,
2. and he wanted to do both tours.
1 - That is not surprising. I think more people are surprised than not when they get the pink slip.
2 - He was the only band member in that video, wasn’t he. Talking to a group of fans. Is there video proof he relayed his wish to do both tours to the rest of the band? Or did he just decide this was what was going to happen without telling them? And HOW was this relayed to the rest of the band? Calmly? In a fight with Stevie? This is what a lot of us mean when we say there are a lot of unanswered questions.
Old 05-01-2018, 10:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Storms123 View Post
[/B]

He's covering all of these songs. And that's the sad part....for him! He deserves better. And so do the fans.
Mike’s a pretty happy guy. And very comfortable in his own skin.
I don’t think you need to worry about him - he’s thrilled to be able to keep on doing what he loves the most in life - to play the guitar for other people.

It’s important for everyone to remember that this whole band on this tour peaked commercially decades ago. They just like to play. None of them need the cash.
Old 05-01-2018, 10:35 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
But Benmont did several albums and tours with her and was her musical director on some.

If you read Tom's authorized biography, however, Stan Lynch was def not a fan.
thanks I must have gotten the two mixed up. I'm just kind of a nominal fan .

Old 05-01-2018, 10:40 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Maybe they gave LB an explanation and he doesn’t like it? Maybe that’s why he is silent?

Why do they owe his family an explanation? They only owe one to to Lindsey. How old are his children? Are they still minors?

Usually the person getting fired doesn’t like it. That’s a given. Being in a band doesn’t mean you get to be in it forever unless you founded it.
Oh, I'm sure they gave him an explanation and he didn't like it. And that's why his family is so against the band, especially Stevie and Mick. You don't fire someone in any job capacity after 43 years without a valid reason. If they gave him a valid reason why is his family trashing the band. And I'm not talking about his wife and children. I'm talking about his San Jose's family. The one that have known Stevie since she was a teenager.

And this is not a regular job. We all know that.
Old 05-01-2018, 10:47 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missy View Post
I don't think she cared they did an album without her. Stevie seemed relieved to have Christine back in the group and lobbied for it. The Buckingham McVie album was quite forgettable. But kept Christine and Lindsey busy for awhile.

There is so much tension between Stevie and Lindsey nowadays, it led to an increased partnership between Christine and Lindsey onstage which found its way into the studio. Was probably convenient for Stevie.

Things between Stevie and Lindsey have obviously deteriorated very badly. Christine coming back to the group probably increased the distance between them rather than mended fences. But Stevie was probably just glad to have him off her hands.

As well as this trouble, I think that Mick has started having his own issues with Lindsey and is trying to reclaim back the broader legacy of this group, as the original founder and overseer. That's what got the vote kick against him.

John McVie has been through serious illness. Tom Petty's death and loss of a few others has reminded them of their mortality and at this point they don't need all the tension and drama with them anymore. It got to point where they couldn't find a happy, balanced compromise.

I think there are multiple reasons here and it's a shame it came to this. Lindsey is such an awesome talent but he can be difficult and focused on himself.

There's been manipulation all sides. If all the others are so terrible though and useless without Lindsey, just don't go see them? Get Lindsey's next solo album and go to his show. That's where he should take everything. He can do an entire album on this theme portraying himself as victim at all points. Cry me a river. He brought this on himself.

Really more serious problems in world today than handful of divas in twilight of glittering career who can't get along...
Glad to have him off her hands? The same hands that didn't let him go during speeches as Musicares? Yeah, right!

Yeah, I'm sure Lindsey's regretting spending so much time with a bunch of traitors who used his talent for decades and now throw him away because they don't need him anymore. I don't think he will portray himself as a victim. No more than Stevie on CBS last Wednesday. That's her speciality. Bringing Tom's death on the table once again. Already betting on the number of times she will name him on this tour.
Old 05-01-2018, 10:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Oh, I'm sure they gave him an explanation and he didn't like it. And that's why his family is so against the band, especially Stevie and Mick. You don't fire someone in any job capacity after 43 years without a valid reason. If they gave him a valid reason why is his family trashing the band. And I'm not talking about his wife and children. I'm talking about his San Jose's family. The one that have known Stevie since she was a teenager.

And this is not a regular job. We all know that.
His family is bashing the band because they do not like the fact Lindsey got fired. That doesn’t mean the reason was not valid.

I know it’s not a regular job, but obviously only the founder of a band is “safe” from being fired. Entertainers are not exempt. This incident proves it.
Old 05-01-2018, 10:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
His family is bashing the band because they do not like the fact Lindsey got fired. That doesn’t mean the reason was not valid.

I know it’s not a regular job, but obviously only the founder of a band is “safe” from being fired. Entertainers are not exempt. This incident proves it.
If there was a valid reason they would have said it on CBS last Wednesday. They didn't. And not exactly because they're all good buddies who didn't want to throw him under the bus. Stevie even referred to him as "certain person". They couldn't even said his name.

So, no , there was no valid reason other than an ultimatum.