The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Chit Chat
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-12-2011, 12:08 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Thanks for all the support guys. I'm glad my mom doesn't know about the Ledge so I have one place to rant!
Old 08-12-2011, 12:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by daniellaaarisen View Post
She's evil. She used to give me her debit card YEARS ago to withdraw money for myself (before I had my own) and she's claiming that she never gave me permission. My sister used to do it constantly too but of course, she's targeting me.
But how would u withdraw money with her giving you her pin!? Smmfh!!!!!!!
Old 08-12-2011, 12:17 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by fumidesigns View Post
But how would u withdraw money with her giving you her pin!? Smmfh!!!!!!!
She did give me her pin, I was like 13 when this happened. She's only doing this because her attorney bills are all getting sent to my dad so she's suing whoever she wants, apparently. But that was her main way of giving me money for years so she could probably trace me to a few thousand dollars of she wanted to. Literally she'd drive me to the ATM and sit in the car because she was too lazy to withdrawal money herself.
Old 08-12-2011, 12:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

A piece of work! Boo ima pray for you!!!!
Old 08-12-2011, 12:36 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
She did give me her pin, I was like 13 when this happened. She's only doing this because her attorney bills are all getting sent to my dad so she's suing whoever she wants, apparently. But that was her main way of giving me money for years so she could probably trace me to a few thousand dollars of she wanted to. Literally she'd drive me to the ATM and sit in the car because she was too lazy to withdrawal money herself.
There is no way she could produce the paper trail that singles you out as the perpetrator of ATM withdrawals 6 years ago. She would literally have to obtain bank video surveillance and/or dust her ATM receipts for fingerprints. And the fact that you had the PIN says it all. You should countersue her for emotional distress stemming from this frivolous lawsuit.
Old 08-12-2011, 03:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HejiraNYC View Post
There is no way she could produce the paper trail that singles you out as the perpetrator of ATM withdrawals 6 years ago. She would literally have to obtain bank video surveillance and/or dust her ATM receipts for fingerprints. And the fact that you had the PIN says it all. You should countersue her for emotional distress stemming from this frivolous lawsuit.
From the tone of her email, I think she already has some evidence. I don't want to fight her anymore, I don't want my dad to pay for a lawyer. I want to try to talk it out, pay her whatever she's asking if that doesn't work, and then officially cut her out of my life, no turning back. I'll just have to make some sacrifices, probably Stevie shows and possibly England. I'm hoping it doesn't come to that
Old 08-12-2011, 03:33 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Dani I wish you well on this difficult journey that you have to face.

hmm i wish i had the same support from the ledge.

SuperFleetwood
www.youtube.com/SuperFleetwoodMac (Watch Rare HQ Fleetwood Mac Videos) And youtube.com/thesuperfleetwood
Old 08-12-2011, 03:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Dani, I'm sorry about what you're going through. I really don't know what to say about your situation, having never experienced such treatment by a parent, but if you ever just want to vent or talk I'm only a pm away. I know we've had our minor differences in the past, but I want you to know that I'm there as an option if you need to talk. You're a strong soul. I'm sure you'll get through this and be all the stronger for it.

Superfleetwood.... Maybe it would be wise if you just stopped talking about what happened? You're doing yourself no favours here.
Old 08-12-2011, 04:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
From the tone of her email, I think she already has some evidence. I don't want to fight her anymore, I don't want my dad to pay for a lawyer. I want to try to talk it out, pay her whatever she's asking if that doesn't work, and then officially cut her out of my life, no turning back. I'll just have to make some sacrifices, probably Stevie shows and possibly England. I'm hoping it doesn't come to that
Hey Dani,

Sorry to hear about this. I have been through many of my own issues with my mother, but never something of this magnitude, so I don't know what to tell you other than keep your chin up and hopefully the situation will work itself out.

I've done a lot of reflecting on my parents in recent years and I realize they are human and make mistakes, but I also know that there comes a point in time where they need to not use their children as their crutch to explain every bad choice they made and take some accountability and own up to their missteps. Hopefully your mom will catch a glimpse of reality and realize that she's not gaining anything but a guaranteed estrangement from one of the only two people she should have an unconditional loving relationship with. I know her dropping this won't give her that relationship, but still you probaby can see what I'm saying.

Now, having said that, given that your mother is accusing you of things in the past, weren't you a minor and under her guidance and so she's ultimately the one to hold responsible? Not sure that will hold up in court, but the minor angle has to work in some capacity there.
Old 08-12-2011, 04:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver Springs View Post
Dani, I'm sorry about what you're going through. I really don't know what to say about your situation, having never experienced such treatment by a parent, but if you ever just want to vent or talk I'm only a pm away. I know we've had our minor differences in the past, but I want you to know that I'm there as an option if you need to talk. You're a strong soul. I'm sure you'll get through this and be all the stronger for it.

Superfleetwood.... Maybe it would be wise if you just stopped talking about what happened? You're doing yourself no favours here.
Bee, that means a lot to me. I'd like to get to know you better anyway so I'll be sure to shoot you a PM when I'm on a computer and not my iPhone.
Old 08-12-2011, 04:12 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
First of all.... Mimi, I know I keep saying this, but I f*cking love you. I know you always have my back

Rob, the point is that you obviously only said something to me so you could slip that "poor me" bull**** in at the end. None of us are buying it, and your post reeks of selfishness and a total lack of self-awareness. If you can't say anything without bitching about problems you caused for yourself, then NO ONE on the Ledge will like or support you. It's time to grow up...
Love u too boo! I know good ppl when I see'em! I told u this before! U good with me cuz you're a beautiful person in and out! Don't ever let anyone take your light!!!! NO ONE! *hugs*
Old 08-12-2011, 06:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
We don't speak. She's looking for money. She's claiming I stole a big chunk of money from her. The sad thing is that she's a smart **** and thought out every angle of this, so I may be forced to just pay her off for the sake of not having a legitimate court issue.
Anyone can sue anyone else for any reason they want as long as they pay the filing fee to file their suit. However, just because they can does not mean they have a legitimate claim. I don't see any way that your mom could win such a suit. The first thing that comes to mind is the statute of limitations. That was six years ago. Aside from that, you were her daughter, she gave you the pin code, she took you to the ATM (explicit consent), you were a minor.

I don't know what sort of evidence she claims to have but I don't buy it. She could end up having to pay your attorney fees if you go to court and she loses.

This is not legal advice, because I don't practice California law. It's mostly just common sense. I wouldn't cancel your school plans because of it.
Old 08-12-2011, 08:10 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Okay folks- ***consider this the final straw & last warning***

The 'Just Thought I'd Share Thread' is NOT a dumping ground for your personal grievances with other Ledgies. Personal attacks have no place here. If insults and accusations start flying in here again, I will lock this thread.

Y'all know I am about as lax as possible when it comes to content & moderation, but I will not tolerate further abuse of this thread. We all enjoy sharing our thoughts & experiences here tremendously, so let's please keep it civil.

Bottom line? Take any personal issues you have with another Ledgie to private messaging.

-Louie

Last edited by louielouie2000; 08-12-2011 at 08:15 PM..
Old 08-12-2011, 08:52 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amlyn View Post
Hey Dani,

Sorry to hear about this. I have been through many of my own issues with my mother, but never something of this magnitude, so I don't know what to tell you other than keep your chin up and hopefully the situation will work itself out.

I've done a lot of reflecting on my parents in recent years and I realize they are human and make mistakes, but I also know that there comes a point in time where they need to not use their children as their crutch to explain every bad choice they made and take some accountability and own up to their missteps. Hopefully your mom will catch a glimpse of reality and realize that she's not gaining anything but a guaranteed estrangement from one of the only two people she should have an unconditional loving relationship with. I know her dropping this won't give her that relationship, but still you probaby can see what I'm saying.

Now, having said that, given that your mother is accusing you of things in the past, weren't you a minor and under her guidance and so she's ultimately the one to hold responsible? Not sure that will hold up in court, but the minor angle has to work in some capacity there.
Thanks so much for this post Amy. I completely agree with all of this, and although I'm at a healthy emotional place with my mom after years of struggling with it, this still came as a huge upset. I don't really know how to deal with it, but I just want to avoid court if at all possible.

I agree with everyone else -- she probably can't do all that much in court. I just really don't want that added stress on my sister and father. I'm going to call her tomorrow and figure it out...
Old 08-12-2011, 08:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by camchristo View Post
Anyone can sue anyone else for any reason they want as long as they pay the filing fee to file their suit. However, just because they can does not mean they have a legitimate claim. I don't see any way that your mom could win such a suit. The first thing that comes to mind is the statute of limitations. That was six years ago. Aside from that, you were her daughter, she gave you the pin code, she took you to the ATM (explicit consent), you were a minor.

I don't know what sort of evidence she claims to have but I don't buy it. She could end up having to pay your attorney fees if you go to court and she loses.

This is not legal advice, because I don't practice California law. It's mostly just common sense. I wouldn't cancel your school plans because of it.
I think I'm just petrified because I've never dealt with the court in my life... it's really freaking me out. I'm definitely not canceling any plans yet, but I really, really want to avoid court if I can. Thanks for your input Cammie. Also, it was good meeting you the other night!