User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 04-06-2016, 03:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by James89 View Post
This arguement always seems to come up and I'm not sure why because as a five-piece band they are fantastic and we should just be grateful that they are still here and in fine shape.

BUT. The fact is, if Stevie Nicks left the band there is no way that the band would sell as many concert tickets or albums. And that is not opinion, that is fact. Now let's not bring this up again because it's pointless!
Why? Because, for a decade and a half, we've heard nothing but how Fleetwood Mac couldn't function, how it would be "Time 2.0" without Stevie.

Yet the most recent tour calls that into question.

Nobody is saying it would be as major without Stevie. However, it's now possible without her.

BTW, if Stevie went on ET and said something about recording a new album with Fleetwood Mac, there wouldn't be an issue.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 04-06-2016, 03:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Micks recent shows were such a,missed opputlrtunity to finally get some info. All that was mentioned was when they would tour next why the he'll didn't somebody ask about the albums status!

He Will Burn You Down
Old 04-06-2016, 06:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkeye View Post
Micks recent shows were such a,missed opputlrtunity to finally get some info. All that was mentioned was when they would tour next why the he'll didn't somebody ask about the albums status!
I literally tried FIVE times, and before two words got out each time, I was spoken over by other fans wanting to ask what advice Mick would give young drummers, etc... 😄

"There’s nothing going on between you and me except that there will always be something going on between you and me. Until the day we die"
Old 04-06-2016, 06:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I hear you. John should just stick to playing bass and stop stressing over useless sales info!
HAHA! oh yeah, gotta watch John that drama queen....
Old 04-06-2016, 06:56 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole21290 View Post
I literally tried FIVE times, and before two words got out each time, I was spoken over by other fans wanting to ask what advice Mick would give young drummers, etc... 😄
Hey you tried, it's all good. I'm glad we at least got the info you were able to get!
Old 04-06-2016, 11:42 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicole21290 View Post
LOL. Even if I was a young drummer, I don't think I'd ask that question. Michele
Old 04-06-2016, 11:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I hear you. John should just stick to playing bass and stop stressing over useless sales info!
Been a prima donna ever since he insisted they put Crystal on the album.

Michele
Old 04-07-2016, 12:55 PM
Senior Ledgie

Default Album, Tour, etc.

I take some time away from the board and I miss all the good fart jokes! Anyway...looking forward to whatever they come up with, whenever that is. 2017 isn't all that far away for another go round. If it actually IS the last one I might even travel to see a handful. Even with a new album though there will be what, 3 or 4 songs swapped out for new ones? Don't shoot me, but I'd rather hear the ones that didn't make the cut for OWTS...
Old 04-07-2016, 01:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubrick2788 View Post
I take some time away from the board and I miss all the good fart jokes! Anyway...looking forward to whatever they come up with, whenever that is. 2017 isn't all that far away for another go round. If it actually IS the last one I might even travel to see a handful. Even with a new album though there will be what, 3 or 4 songs swapped out for new ones? Don't shoot me, but I'd rather hear the ones that didn't make the cut for OWTS...
The point is to have the new album, not how it affects the tour. I'd rather have a new album then hear a few extra old tunes, or any old tunes, in concert. The top priority for me is to get new music from this group before they call it quits.
Old 04-07-2016, 03:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
The point is to have the new album, not how it affects the tour. I'd rather have a new album then hear a few extra old tunes, or any old tunes, in concert. The top priority for me is to get new music from this group before they call it quits.
Old 04-07-2016, 05:14 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
Yes yes yes yes yes. I am so sick of this band rehashing its story, glorifying music that is decades old. Sure, I love that music, but they seriously need new stuff. I can't believe it is so damn difficult for them to get their collective act together. When I consider how much new material acts like Bonnie Raitt have out out since 1995 I get nauseous thinking about the years and years that have passed with little-to-no progress on new Mac music.
Old 04-07-2016, 07:01 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aleuzzi View Post
Yes yes yes yes yes. I am so sick of this band rehashing its story, glorifying music that is decades old. Sure, I love that music, but they seriously need new stuff. I can't believe it is so damn difficult for them to get their collective act together. When I consider how much new material acts like Bonnie Raitt have out out since 1995 I get nauseous thinking about the years and years that have passed with little-to-no progress on new Mac music.

When I'm ready honey
Old 04-07-2016, 07:21 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Maybe Fox News Megyn Kelly could rip out some answers about whats up with this album with a knockout interview with the Mac since nobody else in the media can.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 04-21-2016, 07:23 PM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
Maybe Fox News Megyn Kelly could rip out some answers about whats up with this album with a knockout interview with the Mac since nobody else in the media can.
Let's hope not. , but maybe the loss of so many of their friends and colleagues they make a firm decision to carry on properly, or end it and enjoy life and do their own thing
Old 04-25-2016, 10:44 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Default in the studio...... just not with FM

well, if anyone was wondering whether FM was in the studio -

Mick was in Aus / NZ (possibly in the studio with Neil Finn some of that time) and Lindsey has also been in the studio for the last 2 or so weeks, but not with FM - with Empire of the Sun.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"