Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 08-16-2014, 11:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinHead View Post
Be happy, don't worry!
Don't worry, it's not going to ruin my week or anything, lol.
Old 08-19-2014, 12:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Another retail link for 24 Karat Gold on vinyl:

http://www.musicdirect.com/p-244948-...vault-2lp.aspx

MusicDirect is a very reputable seller of new vinyl and audiophile equipment.
I'm not the man you think I am. My love has never lived indoors - I had to drag it home by four, hired hounds at both my wrists, damp and bruised by strangers' kisses on my lips. But you're the one that I still miss. Neko Case
Old 08-19-2014, 05:38 PM
Addicted Ledgie

So far, out of the 7 clips we've heard from Dave Stewart's videos or Stevie's Instagram account, we haven't heard any "witchy" or "mystical" songs yet. ("Planets", "Moonlight", "Rooms On Fire", "Candlebright", etc.)

I was really hoping the song "24 Karat Gold" would sound spooky, like the demo, but it just sounds like they made it more pop rock. Of course, we only heard 10-15 seconds, and it was the end of the song so they may still surprise us.

Do you guys think any of these demos will end up sounding like the "classic" Stevie style of "witchy and airy fairy"?

I could possibly see them do this with "Blue Water", "All The Beautiful Worlds", "Twisted" and to a lesser extent, "Watch Chain" (even though I have a feeling that one's gonna be more groovy and R&B oriented) but that's about it. This album (at least what we've heard so far) seems to have more of an early "Bella Donna petal rock" vibe than the "Gold Dust/Sorcerer/Doing The Best I Can" mystical side of things.

Not that I'm complaining. These snippits have gotten me really pumped up! Can't wait to hear the whole damn thing!!!

Opinions?
Old 08-19-2014, 06:58 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sorcerer999 View Post
So far, out of the 7 clips we've heard from Dave Stewart's videos or Stevie's Instagram account, we haven't heard any "witchy" or "mystical" songs yet. ("Planets", "Moonlight", "Rooms On Fire", "Candlebright", etc.)

I was really hoping the song "24 Karat Gold" would sound spooky, like the demo, but it just sounds like they made it more pop rock. Of course, we only heard 10-15 seconds, and it was the end of the song so they may still surprise us.

Do you guys think any of these demos will end up sounding like the "classic" Stevie style of "witchy and airy fairy"?

I could possibly see them do this with "Blue Water", "All The Beautiful Worlds", "Twisted" and to a lesser extent, "Watch Chain" (even though I have a feeling that one's gonna be more groovy and R&B oriented) but that's about it. This album (at least what we've heard so far) seems to have more of an early "Bella Donna petal rock" vibe than the "Gold Dust/Sorcerer/Doing The Best I Can" mystical side of things.

Not that I'm complaining. These snippits have gotten me really pumped up! Can't wait to hear the whole damn thing!!!

Opinions?
I'd be looking at All The Beautiful Worlds, Twisted, Carousel, Watch Chain, Blue Water, and maybe Starshine, for that sort of vibe.
Old 08-19-2014, 08:57 PM
Addicted Ledgie

We know that they've used strings (and horns?) on this album...now that we've seen the track list, I can't help but wonder on which tracks...

http://www.twitter.com/jtwill84
Old 08-19-2014, 09:11 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josh2003 View Post
We know that they've used strings (and horns?) on this album...now that we've seen the track list, I can't help but wonder on which tracks...
First guess: Blue Water.
Old 08-20-2014, 12:06 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

Opinions?
Based on people's reaction on this site, they like the less produced straight ahead rocker approach. I wouldn't expect atmospheric produced tunes..that personally I would love, but haven't heard so far. I'm really getting bummed about this album.

Last edited by Bandon; 08-20-2014 at 12:08 AM..
Old 08-20-2014, 12:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandon View Post
Based on people's reaction on this site, they like the less produced straight ahead rocker approach. I wouldn't expect atmospheric produced tunes..that personally I would love, but haven't heard so far. I'm really getting bummed about this album.
The album was recorded in less than 3 weeks..so essentially a song a day.We are going to get an organic ,"live" type album so if that is not your cup of tea you are probably not going to like it.That being said some of the slower songs may have some of that atmosphere .

Old 08-20-2014, 12:42 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
The album was recorded in less than 3 weeks..so essentially a song a day.We are going to get an organic ,"live" type album so if that is not your cup of tea you are probably not going to like it.That being said some of the slower songs may have some of that atmosphere .
I don't care if it was recorded in 3 weeks or 3 years as long as the finished product is quality and takes the demos to a higher place artistically. But I won't lower my standard and make excuses just because I'm a fan. Hey if people like stripped down, raw versions of songs, that's their perogative.
Old 08-20-2014, 01:00 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I feel your despair and sense of abandon, Bandon I have hope that you will recover eventually, realizing your bummed condition was all for naught. Your current disappointment that this album won't meet your personal expectations might, through the years, yield to a forgiving, circumspect perspective .You might come to accept this work as a viable part of Stevie's legacy. Time will make you bolder, and the landslide will bring you down. It may not the Stevie Nicks album you want now, but it's the Stevie Nicks album you will appreciate later.

Last edited by PenguinHead; 08-20-2014 at 01:37 AM..
Old 08-20-2014, 03:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This is sorta making me sad. Stevie came out with two of her best album from her solo career and hardly anyone is going to hear them because she considered old.
Old 08-20-2014, 07:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
Well, the vocals were recorded in three weeks at least. Presumably there was a lot more time afterwords to work on music, atmosphere, and flourishes.
Old 08-20-2014, 07:21 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I am firmly with Bandon on this. But I ma not yet completely bummed. I take heart in the fact that there is (almost) always a treasure or two in a Stevie solo album which make the "skip overs" tolerable. I am still approaching this album cautiously, though, nothing I have heard yet makes me particularly enthused.
Old 08-20-2014, 07:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I don't care if it was recorded in 3 weeks or 3 years as long as the finished product is quality and takes the demos to a higher place artistically. But I won't lower my standard and make excuses just because I'm a fan. Hey if people like stripped down, raw versions of songs, that's their perogative.
To me Stevie is often at her worst when stripped down and raw, especially on midtempo "rockers."
Old 08-20-2014, 07:39 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:

I could possibly see them do this with "Blue Water", "All The Beautiful Worlds", "Twisted" and to a lesser extent, "Watch Chain" (even though I have a feeling that one's gonna be more groovy and R&B oriented) but that's about it. This album (at least what we've heard so far) seems to have more of an early "Bella Donna petal rock" vibe than the "Gold Dust/Sorcerer/Doing The Best I Can" mystical side of things.g

Opinions?
The Dealer is mystical and classic Stevie in a good way.