User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-19-2013, 11:22 AM
Junior Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by sodascouts View Post
I like that in this interview, she says "we both believe that we might still be together" if they hadn't joined Fleetwood Mac. Many times she'll just say Lindsey believes it. However, I think - and this interview bears that out - that the reason she keeps bringing it up is because SHE believes it, too.
I was struck by an interview a few weeks ago that Lindsey gave to a radio station and when asked about the possibility that he and Stevie might get back together and announce it on stage during this tour, he laughed and said something to the effect, "I have three children (kids) now. So that's not gonna happen." He did not say I am married, I am happily married to my beautiful wife Kirsten, etc. Seemed odd. Maybe just a slip. Also seems strange that he is gone so much from his family. He is touting more tours next year with Stevie and FM. When a man stays away from his "wife" as much as Lindsey, and holds hands and hugs and gropes an ex flame, seems things are not right on "the home front." Sometimes absence makes the heart grow fonder, but Linds does not look all that happy when he is cuddling the Mrs. Even Stevie omitted to mention the Mrs. in this interview. But then I have always thought they are indeed soul mates and the ties or "chains" that bind them together cannot be broken. I am a hopeless romantic and if my husband acted this way with an ex-flame even for large amounts of money or for the show of it, I would be extremely concerned. So before I get into "trouble" with my opinions.....
Old 05-19-2013, 12:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by evenstevie23 View Post
I was struck by an interview a few weeks ago that Lindsey gave to a radio station and when asked about the possibility that he and Stevie might get back together and announce it on stage during this tour, he laughed and said something to the effect, "I have three children (kids) now. So that's not gonna happen." He did not say I am married, I am happily married to my beautiful wife Kirsten, etc. Seemed odd. Maybe just a slip. Also seems strange that he is gone so much from his family. He is touting more tours next year with Stevie and FM. When a man stays away from his "wife" as much as Lindsey, and holds hands and hugs and gropes an ex flame, seems things are not right on "the home front." Sometimes absence makes the heart grow fonder, but Linds does not look all that happy when he is cuddling the Mrs. Even Stevie omitted to mention the Mrs. in this interview. But then I have always thought they are indeed soul mates and the ties or "chains" that bind them together cannot be broken. I am a hopeless romantic and if my husband acted this way with an ex-flame even for large amounts of money or for the show of it, I would be extremely concerned. So before I get into "trouble" with my opinions.....
I expressed these concerns previously too. Just seems weird to me for them to flaunt it around for the world to see, regardless of the reason, when he's got a wife and kids. You can be close friends or whatever without being all touchy feely.
Old 05-19-2013, 01:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
I expressed these concerns previously too. Just seems weird to me for them to flaunt it around for the world to see, regardless of the reason, when he's got a wife and kids. You can be close friends or whatever without being all touchy feely.
i hear you but aren't rock stars mostly touchy-feely? Lindsey seems a pretty touchy feely guy from limited encounters i had. just look at all the fan photos with him, he's obviously not afraid of physical contact with people.

i know that sells (just look at this thread!), but personally i do hate it that he's being defined yet again, since this tour was announced and videos and interviews started trickling in, primarily by this one relationship, when in the last 2 years during solo tours he finally was starting to be recognized as a great guitarist first.

"kind of weird: a tribute to the dearly departed from a band that can treat its living like trash"
Old 05-19-2013, 02:13 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
i hear you but aren't rock stars mostly touchy-feely?
I think most people in the entertainment world are touchy-feely. Performers. I've seen cast mates on a show doing what I would call making out with each other and they were just saying, "goodbye. See you Monday." They don't have to be romantically involved.

With Stevie and Lindsey, as long as they have known each other, it would be odder to me if they didn't have their arms around each other, at the very least.

As far as Lindsey's solo identity, it's the same as post-SYW and post-Unleashed, after he puts out new music. When he's solo again the focus on his individual talents will be back again. They may ask him about when he's going to be with FM again, but other than that, he'll have new material to talk about and they won't be inquiring about his relationship with Stevie in the media anymore.

Even though I felt UTS (and Shut Us Down before it) was largely about Stevie, Kristen and The Dance, the media at large wasn't asking him about Stevie when they heard those songs. Instead, he got to talk about the decision to go with only light rhythm, why he didn't finish GOS, etc. It was very much about him.

Michele
Old 05-19-2013, 03:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
"It's like Lindsey and me: no matter how many children or grandchildren you have, Lindsey, I'm always gonna be there. Lindsey has these three marvellous children, and that has given him unconditional love, which is what he always wanted. I couldn't give him that.
The unconditional love, or the kids?

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
I think most people in the entertainment world are touchy-feely. Performers. I've seen cast mates on a show doing what I would call making out with each other and they were just saying, "goodbye. See you Monday." They don't have to be romantically involved.

With Stevie and Lindsey, as long as they have known each other, it would be odder to me if they didn't have their arms around each other, at the very least.
Perhaps it's because I'm also a super touchy-feely person, but I agree. In fact, at shows when they have less physical contact I've often heard people wondering if they were fighting (rather than thinking it seemed normal ).

Everything I know about Stevie indicates to me that she's very handsy, and by all accounts Lindsey seems to share that quality. They don't only show physical affection toward each other (Stevie went over to John for a hug/kiss at Jazz Fest, for a recent example) but put two people like them who have known each other as long as they have front and center in a show that's largely focusing on their dynamic and history... it only makes sense that there would be the so-called "love fest."

That's not to say it's not slightly strange and out of many people's comfort zones, given the past and that Lindsey is married with kids and all. But clearly it's within their own comfort zone so I'm not gonna sit around worrying about it.

Last edited by WildHearted; 05-19-2013 at 04:27 PM..
Old 05-19-2013, 04:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
Everything I know about Stevie indicates to me that she's very handsy, and by all accounts Lindsey seems to share that quality. They don't only show this affection toward each other (Stevie went over to John for a hug/kiss at Jazz Fest, for a recent example) but put two people like them who have known each other as long as they have front and center in a show that's largely focusing on their dynamic and history... it only makes sense that there would be the so-called "love fest."
Yes, I think Stevie and Lindsey do play a lot of stuff up. That prolonged hand-holding during the pre-tour interviews got ridiculous in my book. Then, there are times when I think their interaction is unusually frisky (like those Dance interviews we had where Lindsey clearly seems to be flirting).

But then there's just the everyday stuff. I believe that holding hands when they take the stage (or back stage when they're waiting to go on) and embracing is completely natural. You know, Mick said that he used to cuddle in bed with Peter for warmth. Just the fact that you've known someone since your youth, traveled with them in cramped conditions, been in bed with them, celebrated with them, seen them physically ill, etc. . . . you're going to find it very normal to come into physical contact with them. At this point, it's got to be like a reflex reaction.

Michele
Old 05-19-2013, 05:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

I agree, The thing about their contact that can be eyebrow raising has more to do with the intimacy that is suggested by it than just a simple hand holding or a hug. I have yet to see them touch anyone else in quite the same way - even other former "lovers". I've always thought it speaks volumes.
Old 05-19-2013, 11:26 PM
Addicted Ledgie
Supporting Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stevie Nicks in interview
"It's like Lindsey and me: no matter how many children or grandchildren you have, Lindsey, I'm always gonna be there. Lindsey has these three marvellous children, and that has given him unconditional love, which is what he always wanted. I couldn't give him that.
The unconditional love, or the kids?
Good question. I think she means that she couldn't do unconditional love... ironic since her song of that name claims such love is the only true kind of love (yes, I know it was written by Sandy Stewart).

I couldn't do that either. Unconditional love is reserved for kids and family. Any boyfriends, on the other hand, gotta meet some conditions before they get my love - and they gotta work to keep it! Maybe that's why I've never had a relationship last more than a year, lol.

ANYWAY it makes me think of "Smile At You." "What you did not need was a woman who was stronger. You needed someone to depend on you. I could not be her; I did not want to."

I hesitate to speculate about his family life. That makes me a bit uncomfortable.

Last edited by sodascouts; 05-19-2013 at 11:31 PM..
Old 05-20-2013, 01:56 PM
Senior Ledgie

I, too, don't like to speculate much on his family life (anymore).

Old habits die hard, and I sincerely believe that Stevie and Lindsey are simply so comfortable with one another at this point. It's easy to understand why one would seek comfort in the form of a hand squeeze or hug when performing for the masses. Or even get a bit lost in the moment. "Ten thousand voices cryin' 'on with the show.'"

But I sometimes find it a bit odd. That a couple that broke up in the 70s would continue to go back and forth to this day. I was a bit taken aback when Lindsey "admitted" that "It Takes Time" was inspired by Stevie. I don't think it truly ended in the 70s and there is a lot we don't know. As long as they continue to talk about their relationship, people will stay interested in it. There is a strange fascination there.

Also, I think Kristen is a very secure woman and I give her props for that. You'd have to be!
Old 05-20-2013, 08:59 PM
Junior Ledgie

Agree with everything you said.
Old 05-21-2013, 08:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Maybe they are just covering up that Stevie and Mick are a couple, now that Mick is free for her.
Just saying

This is like opening a can of worms, isn't it?
But thinking about the relationship between Lindsey and his wife is, too.
This people are still like a soap opera filmed at location.

Last edited by AncientQueen; 05-21-2013 at 08:26 AM..
Old 05-21-2013, 09:28 AM
Senior Ledgie

It is a can of worms, every time.

...and when it comes to Fleetwood Mac, anything is possible!
Old 05-21-2013, 12:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by AncientQueen View Post
Maybe they are just covering up that Stevie and Mick are a couple, now that Mick is free for her.
Haha. I agree.

Mick and Stevie seem to have a really deep and easy relationship. It's all of the love and none of the tension. If I thought they were still physically attracted to one another, I'd be sure they'd try to rekindle the spark. And when I saw them giggling and holding hands for a prolonged interview, it wasn't for the cameras. Actually, they both seemed a little tipsy. Or maybe they were just fatigued and losing brain cells quickly. But they seem very companionable.

Mick is something else, really. A big hunk of glue. Everyone's axis to each other.

Michele
Old 05-22-2013, 06:32 PM
Ledgie

Smile

Quote:
A little new to this blog but been lurking for some time. I suppose I am in the "shipper" kinda column. I saw this in the www.ndependent.co.uk , dtd 26 Jun 2011.

Stevie Nicks: 'Love is fleeting for me...in my life as a travelling woman'

A few paragraphs read: Another recurring theme on In Your Dreams is the idea of love as fleeting. "Certainly it is for me, in my life as a travelling woman who is never anywhere for long, and will be gone the morning after the big show. There's a line on In Your Dreams that goes 'I'm always in and out of your light', and to lovers, ex-lovers, people we used to love, people we don't even love any more, I'm saying 'You'll never be rid of me, I'm right down the middle of all your dreams'."

Without any prompting, Nicks brings up Buckingham, whom she met as 16-year-old at school in California and stayed with for 11 years.

"It's like Lindsey and me: no matter how many children or grandchildren you have, Lindsey, I'm always gonna be there. Lindsey has these three marvellous children, and that has given him unconditional love, which is what he always wanted. I couldn't give him that. But I know a lot of Lindsey's songs are about me, because a lot of my songs are about him. I call us 'our Miserable Muses'. In a band like Fleetwood Mac, you have arguments, and it makes for great art."

She's warming to her theme, the slightest smile playing about her lips. "So is he sorry that our relationship broke up in 1976? Yes. And if he had to do it all over, would he not move to LA, and maybe try to find our record deal in San Francisco? Yes. Because we both believe that we might still be together. Probably not, but it's possible .... When we're together, and people see the two of us walking towards them, we are a force of nature. Absolutely."

You folks have probably read this but it was new reading for me.
I haven't read this yet, I Love it!!! Sorry to jump in here, I'm new (kinda) I think I was part of this group a loooong time ago
Old 05-23-2013, 07:25 PM
Junior Ledgie

I subscribe to a website called Stevie Nicks Info. Into my mailbox I just received two interesting articles. One is about defending Stevie against her critics. Beautiful article. I agree w/her 100%. Loved it. The other is an article on Lindsey. Something seems so odd about his response. He is talking and if I did not know he is supposed to have a wife by name of Kristen, I would think he is talking about Stevie being his wife. He never mentions Kristen by name AGAIN. I have recentely gotten this computer and am a complete idiot about the "know how" of linking anything on Firefox. But I know how to copy and paste. Part of the article written by Julia St. Pierre/Los Angeles Magazine reads:

(Lindsey speaking)
I had a house up in Bel-Air for a long time. It was not a family house; it was a bachelor house. So we bulldozed it. My wife was quite happy because there was a lot of symbolism to having everything that went before bulldozed. We are in Brentwood now. We needed to come down off the hill.

I’ve thought about whether it would be advisable or possible to move out, but this is the thing about Los Angeles: People come here and they stay. It’s not just because there is an illusionary carrot, although that is part of it. You could probably find actors or musicians who are not much younger than myself who still haven’t caught their break. So that’s part of what drives Los Angeles. If you do happen to get lucky, as Stevie and I did, then there are reasons to stay. Unless you want to be Neil Young and live up in the mountains, there’s not a lot of motivation to move. Whatever there may be about the city that you could take to task, it’s a pretty great place.

I don’t think I would’ve wanted to raise my kids elsewhere, but it is a mixed bag. Growing up in Atherton, you could just get on your bike, go to school, and come home. You had a level of autonomy that doesn’t exist for kids today. Some of that has to do with L.A. and some of it has to do with the times. I grew up in one place. Stevie, on the other hand — her dad was a businessman who uprooted his family regularly, so she learned how to make a splash everywhere they went. It took its toll on her in other ways, and that’s not something I want for my kids. We’re dug in here, and we’re happy.
______
What makes it odd is that he just jumps into this from discussing he and Stevie's beginnings w/FleetwoodMac.