User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-13-2017, 01:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Yes, I was perturbed with them and had lost faith that they would act. If they were struggling financially (and Mick may be, but the others shouldn't be), I could understand it, but they aren't. You banked your tour money. Your heirs are secure. Now, just put the music out, if you're artists.

Michele
But I think they're more obsessed with "going out on top".

While that SHOULD mean "top of your artistry", I think for them it means "selling out arenas(and their integrity, as part of the price) with $300 seats. Milking Tumours until they kick the bucket.

I think concert grosses are how they measure their own success.
Old 03-13-2017, 02:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michelej1 View Post
Yes, I was perturbed with them and had lost faith that they would act. If they were struggling financially (and Mick may be, but the others shouldn't be), I could understand it, but they aren't. You banked your tour money. Your heirs are secure. Now, just put the music out, if you're artists.

Michele
I was actually more disturbed by Lindsey than I was Stevie. Because he was always off doing his own thing, no matter what. I do understand that he probably wanted one last FMac album and a chance to work with all 5 again.

However, if Stevie didn't want to do it, good or bad, it's her choice. I don't know if she strung them along. I'm guessing she didn't because it's been a long long time since they've been able to get her to consider recording w/ FMac.

So now that they have moved forward, I'm delighted to see they can be independent of what Stevie does. I really don't agree with her reasoning but I'm now glad (I wanted her on that album in the worst way prior) that she's not part of it. Mostly, because her heart wouldn't be in it. Or, she might give a demo from 1973 and try and make a new song with it. I'm proud that Christine and Lindsey actually wrote together and made new music.
Old 03-13-2017, 02:33 PM
Registered

I think that really sucks is that their last tour together will be a money grab tour with no new music that she will be a part of even though she doesn't want to contribute​, because the only way that's ever going to work is if she's with them
Old 03-13-2017, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
I think that really sucks is that their last tour together will be a money grab tour with no new music that she will be a part of even though she doesn't want to contribute​, because the only way that's ever going to work is if she's with them
She has made it very clear that she's only in the business for a rate of return, at this point.
Old 03-13-2017, 03:20 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
She has made it very clear that she's only in the business for a rate of return, at this point.

Which, at this point in her life is really strange...
She doesn't have 3 kids and 10 grandchildren to support.
You would think she would look towards leaving a final memory and a lasting message for us all.
But, but but it's her choice and I do acknowledge that..
Old 03-13-2017, 03:46 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
According to a musician I follow on instagram who somewhat knows the band and has met Lindsey/them a bunch of times, they didn't call it Fleetwood Mac out of respect and said that the whole album was done with respect for Stevie in mind.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BPNwJOyg...ianlarsenmusic

He's met/hung out with Lindsey a bunch of times and posted pictures and videos of them jamming and met the rest of them too so I'd guess he's reliable enough.
The name Brian Larsen rang a bell. There was a Brian Larsen fifteen years ago who was hanging around here, lying his little head off about all number of things.

http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=23706

moviekinks.blogspot.com
Old 03-13-2017, 04:09 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by David View Post
The name Brian Larsen rang a bell. There was a Brian Larsen fifteen years ago who was hanging around here, lying his little head off about all number of things.

http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?t=23706
That's weird. Maybe it was a different one? Or some type of misunderstanding? I started following him after he posted a little clip of Lindsey giving him a guitar lesson and he seems perfectly fine. I don't think he's very old so 15 years ago he was probably a teenager...

https://www.instagram.com/p/8YaL4nCJ...ianlarsenmusic

He kind of explains how he knows him here.
Old 03-13-2017, 04:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sue View Post
Which, at this point in her life is really strange...
She doesn't have 3 kids and 10 grandchildren to support.
You would think she would look towards leaving a final memory and a lasting message for us all.
But, but but it's her choice and I do acknowledge that..
Agreed! These comments late in her life are strange for me, too. The first time I had ever heard about her concerned w/money and sales was around TISL. She couldn't sell like a powerhouse anymore.

The getting old answer was just bizarre. She continues to show how disconnected she is with a working person.

My grandma just passed away recently and she was plump and her hair was gray. But I never looked any less on her. She did everything for us. She would go to the salon about once a month, but her concern for her family was staggering. Body shaming is an easy thing to do, especially when you're filthy rich.
Old 03-13-2017, 04:18 PM

Quote:
That's weird. Maybe it was a different one? Or some type of misunderstanding? I started following him after he posted a little clip of Lindsey giving him a guitar lesson and he seems perfectly fine. I don't think he's very old so 15 years ago he was probably a teenager...

https://www.instagram.com/p/8YaL4nCJ...ianlarsenmusic

He kind of explains how he knows him here.
Apparently no, the Brian from the old thread and the one whose profile you just linked share the same official site, http://www.brian.am/ that unfortunately now seems to not work anymore.
Old 03-13-2017, 04:22 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
Apparently no, the Brian from the old thread and the one whose profile you just linked share the same official site, http://www.brian.am/ that unfortunately now seems to not work anymore.
Hmmm well then idk. He seems normal to me and explained how well he 'knows' Lindsey and it didn't seem shady but who knows I guess. Just sharing since it might be worth something.
Old 03-13-2017, 04:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SisterNightroad View Post
https://www.instagram.com/p/BPNwJOygdAB/

Try this one, Giulia.
Old 03-13-2017, 04:24 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Agreed! These comments late in her life are strange for me, too. The first time I had ever heard about her concerned w/money and sales was around TISL. She couldn't sell like a powerhouse anymore.

The getting old answer was just bizarre. She continues to show how disconnected she is with a working person.

My grandma just passed away recently and she was plump and her hair was gray. But I never looked any less on her. She did everything for us. She would go to the salon about once a month, but her concern for her family was staggering. Body shaming is an easy thing to do, especially when you're filthy rich.
Maybe she's going through a phase? I agree that she seems kinda cranky about certain things but she's only human after all and everyone has their moods. Idk, I agree though a lot of the things she's saying lately keep rubbing me the wrong way.
Old 03-13-2017, 04:26 PM

Quote:
Hmmm well then idk. He seems normal to me and explained how well he 'knows' Lindsey and it didn't seem shady but who knows I guess. Just sharing since it might be worth something.
At least it was positive comments.
Old 03-13-2017, 04:39 PM

Quote:
Thanks. The new pictures seem legit but I'm puzzled about his past.
Old 03-13-2017, 05:18 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Perhaps he just grew up a bit.
Sounds like he was a bit of a creepy odd-ball fan as a teenager. Sounds like he actually got quite decent as a musician- nice bit of Gypsy guitar playing on his Instagram (and some nice piano too). People can change a lot in 10-15 years.

'Where words fail, music speaks'
Mick Fleetwood