The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 05-02-2014, 10:05 AM
Addicted Ledgie

This sounds absurd, but it sounds like stevie is sitting this one out. I don't understand....

Stevie has got to be smarter than that....the entire band is intact making new music and you decide not to be part of it and make a solo album instead??

Unless she is in fact, rolling songs from the Nashville sessions into the new Mac record...you would think they would of mentioned something about stevie's contributions coming later, instead they say next to nothing!
Old 05-02-2014, 10:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by vivfox View Post
They probably want to perfect it over time. We all know they like a year to make music great.
Then maybe Stevie's solo record WILL be released this month or next, because if she shelves hers as well until after the tour, then the two releases would compete against each other, which would be dumb.
Old 05-02-2014, 10:08 AM
Addicted Ledgie

oh wait...it sounds like what they meant was, on the day they were there Stevie Nicks happened to not be there. Not that she isn't part of the project. Ok, let's not get hyper lol.
Old 05-02-2014, 10:12 AM
Addicted Ledgie

I think this article signals a few things:
1. Stevie had already committed to working on a solo album before Chris's return
2. The reason they are shelving it is because they are waiting for Stevie to add her contributions
Old 05-02-2014, 10:23 AM
Addicted Ledgie

What a fantastic article! It sounds like Christine is really in a great place.

So, between the two songs referenced here, and the remaining songs the band recorded last year, the songs for the new album potentially include:

Too Far Gone (CM/LB)
How I Feel (CM/LB)
Hunger (LB)
In My World (LB)
Is It Right (LB)
Lay Down For Free (LB)
On With The Show (LB)
Up Your Speed (LB)

http://ledge.fleetwoodmac.net/showthread.php?p=1083450

Last edited by BlueLight; 05-07-2014 at 04:16 PM.. Reason: Removed Family Man remixes.
Old 05-02-2014, 10:26 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmaletic View Post
Considering how much is already done (16 songs according to this article), I wonder why they're shelving it. There's plenty of time for rehearsals later.

Release it so they can do the promotion for it before and during the tour.

Jamie
Stevie's off doing other things. They aren't going to release an album without Stevie whether we'd like to or not. They're really going at it. I wish Stevie were doing the same. I wonder if she can match their level of creativity for this.
Old 05-02-2014, 10:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Funny, Gone To Far, Too Far Gone, maybe they should tape a Boston gig and release it as Boston, live.

Old 05-02-2014, 10:29 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by GavinBrown View Post
I think this article signals a few things:
1. Stevie had already committed to working on a solo album before Chris's return
2. The reason they are shelving it is because they are waiting for Stevie to add her contributions
It said she's off doing other commitments. It doesn't say when she committed to them. There's no indication it was before Christine returned (which has been in the works a lot longer than when they made the announcement) Or that it wasn't, but certainly that can't be deduced from this.

Last edited by MikeVielhaber; 05-02-2014 at 10:32 AM..
Old 05-02-2014, 10:46 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by gypsy4life View Post
What a ridiculous bunch of a-holes!! God, maybe she will kick the bucket soon, and then you can all enjoy a FORVER "Stevie-free" Fleetwood Mac environemt! Then the "dumd Diva" with Spirit Catchers will be out of your hair!

I came to this thread because I thought the picture was cool, and wanted to read the excited comments from the fans...boy, did I have the wrong idea!
I think most comments are of excitement. You cherry picked comments you didn't like.
Old 05-02-2014, 10:52 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigAl84 View Post
This sounds absurd, but it sounds like stevie is sitting this one out. I don't understand....

Stevie has got to be smarter than that....the entire band is intact making new music and you decide not to be part of it and make a solo album instead??

Unless she is in fact, rolling songs from the Nashville sessions into the new Mac record...you would think they would of mentioned something about stevie's contributions coming later, instead they say next to nothing!
I think that's deliberate on their part. Like when Lindsey was writing songs and saying things in the media designed to get her to work on the EP.

I think the way they are deliberately presenting themselves to the media as having such a great time, and look how easy LB is to collaborate with, (not that I think that none of that is true, I just think they are really hyping it) is designed to make Stevie look obstinate or whatever for not joining in. "Hey, here we all are having a blast in the studio and where's Stevie? We'd love for her to be here but……she's off doing other things". I think for now they were careful not to go that far and were respectful in referencing what she was doing but the message was there underneath.

Last edited by bombaysaffires; 05-02-2014 at 10:56 AM.. Reason: clarity
Old 05-02-2014, 11:14 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by elle View Post
they recorded SYW in sterile bunker?

but yeah tastes are different.
Now Elle, don't make me come over there….. (quoting my mother…)

We all know Lindsey likes his bunkers. He likes to go underground and burrow in for days and days. (probably not keeping up with niceties like showering and such either). Stevie was just making the house more of a home. So there.
Old 05-02-2014, 11:51 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeVielhaber View Post
I think most comments are of excitement. You cherry picked comments you didn't like.
I agree, yes he did.
Old 05-02-2014, 12:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Heart Lindsey and Christine !!!

Yah !!! Great Photo!!! Let's play nice...Let's be glad!!!
Just what we wanted..Christine is finally back !
Old 05-02-2014, 12:00 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildHearted View Post
I see why people think that, but I think it's shameful for anyone to mock something that gives another person peace of mind or good vibes or whatever the hell. Live and let live. If someone wants to carry around a spirit catcher then that's all the better for them, who am I to judge? We've all got our quirks.

And I think "grounded, normal, realistic" is maybe a bit of an exaggeration, if we're talking about the rest of FM.
In the Destiny Rules doco, the scene where Stevie brought a spirit catcher into the studio was very funny, I thought. Lindsey's condescending reaction was priceless and Mick's disinterest was obvious. I can't remember if John was even in the room at the time.

I agree that referring to Lindsey Buckingham, Mick Fleetwood, Christine McVie, John McVie and Stevie Nicks as a group of "grounded, normal, realistic people" is obviously an exaggeration. I don't think "grounded, normal, realistic people" would have regularly snorted cocaine for a decade lol.

Finally, the arguments I've read in this thread amuse me no end. Chiffonheads vs Guitar Heroes!!!

I presume that many comments made here have been intended as sarcastic or ironic.
Old 05-02-2014, 12:03 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post

And I'm guessing that you also don't see why....ugh...."grounded, normal, realistic people", see things like her spirit catcher, as sheer lunacy. Something to be mocked. And I'm almost certain that Lindsey and Chris feel the same way.
That's the thing. I don't know about Lindsey. But Christine's mother was a PSYCHIC. She used to go away on ghost-hunting trips. I don't know if Chris believes in ghosts, but she did believe in her mother's healing and psychic power and she believes in her brother's too. I don't think she thinks spirit catchers are crazy.

From Mick's last column where he gave some psychic $5000 and walked away with his other last $5000 in his shoe, I don't believe HE thinks spirit catchers are crazy.

I don't know about John and Lindsey, but Mick did say one time he walked in and saw John praying to his "Gods" (plural) to help him on the album and that's when Mick knew things had gotten out of hand, because John wasn't that type of person.

So, I don't know if most of the group thinks spiritcatchers are crazy. But yes, I think they think Stevie is fairly crazy. I think all of them Mick, Lindsey and Stevie are crazy in different ways, though.

Michele