The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 03-12-2017, 06:04 PM
Addicted Ledgie

What about Fleetwood Mac release titled "Buckingham McVie"!?!?
That would be double the Mcvie name and would sell double the records even without Stevie. That would get her goat and hush her if it charts higher than 3rd which If I recall was highest she's hit with last three non greatest hit albums?
Old 03-12-2017, 06:30 PM
Addicted Ledgie

In my own perfect world, they would just go ahead and call this album a Fleetwood Mac album without Stevie, tour behind it without her and just bill it as another incarnation of Fleetwood Mac. I don't understand why they just don't do that.

Jamie
Old 03-12-2017, 06:43 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmaletic View Post
In my own perfect world, they would just go ahead and call this album a Fleetwood Mac album without Stevie, tour behind it without her and just bill it as another incarnation of Fleetwood Mac. I don't understand why they just don't do that.

Jamie
According to a musician I follow on instagram who somewhat knows the band and has met Lindsey/them a bunch of times, they didn't call it Fleetwood Mac out of respect and said that the whole album was done with respect for Stevie in mind.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BPNwJOyg...ianlarsenmusic

He's met/hung out with Lindsey a bunch of times and posted pictures and videos of them jamming and met the rest of them too so I'd guess he's reliable enough.
Old 03-12-2017, 06:54 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkmaletic View Post
They're scheduled to do a world tour with Stevie, and it would be a breach of contract if she was no longer in the band. They held out hope Stevie would get on board, but decided to release an album without her. Calling it Buckingham McVie allows them to release an album without Stevie in a way where they won't have to explain that Stevie is still in the band, but not on the album.

They probably would have gone on as Fleetwood Mac without Stevie if Christine hadn't left or had come back ten years earlier. But with only two to three years left, it makes more sense to go out with the classic lineup in tact.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 03-12-2017, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
According to a musician I follow on instagram who somewhat knows the band and has met Lindsey/them a bunch of times, they didn't call it Fleetwood Mac out of respect and said that the whole album was done with respect for Stevie in mind.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BPNwJOyg...ianlarsenmusic

He's met/hung out with Lindsey a bunch of times and posted pictures and videos of them jamming and met the rest of them too so I'd guess he's reliable enough.
Thanks for posting. I'm getting really excited.
Old 03-12-2017, 07:15 PM

From January.. However, I didn't know about the Mick discussion in August.

http://abcnewsradioonline.com/music-...ie-planni.html
Old 03-12-2017, 07:27 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamsunwind View Post
The project started out with the intention of Stevie writing lyrics and melodies to the instrumental pieces Lindsey wrote specifically for her, so they obviously had every intention for her to be on it.

After reading his comments, though, I wonder if they even asked for her blessings to call it Fleetwood Mac. Maybe Mick is too afraid to rock the boat, but from what they've all said, I can't imagine that it would be an issue.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 03-12-2017, 07:40 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveMacD View Post
The project started out with the intention of Stevie writing lyrics and melodies to the instrumental pieces Lindsey wrote specifically for her, so they obviously had every intention for her to be on it.

After reading his comments, though, I wonder if they even asked for her blessings to call it Fleetwood Mac. Maybe Mick is too afraid to rock the boat, but from what they've all said, I can't imagine that it would be an issue.
I'm so glad they moved forward. I was even more irritated with them than Stevie. You both know how to make music without Stevie Nicks. Stop being money hungry like her and just make the damn music. All 5 of them have plenty of money.

I know Mick has stated that Lindsey doesn't care about money when he's making a record. To the point where it makes Mick nervous.
Old 03-13-2017, 07:33 AM
Registered

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I'm so glad they moved forward. I was even more irritated with them than Stevie. You both know how to make music without Stevie Nicks. Stop being money hungry like her and just make the damn music. All 5 of them have plenty of money.

I know Mick has stated that Lindsey doesn't care about money when he's making a record. To the point where it makes Mick nervous.

I a excited I stared a a Buckingham Nicks fan and gravitated to stevie and her music but as time passed i grew to appreciate Lindsey and Christine more and more . I hope they play this new music live it is a great opportunity for them and us

then they can get back to business and do a greatest hits Final Cash Grab Would Tour with her for their fans
Old 03-13-2017, 12:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by olive View Post
I a excited I stared a a Buckingham Nicks fan and gravitated to stevie and her music but as time passed i grew to appreciate Lindsey and Christine more and more . I hope they play this new music live it is a great opportunity for them and us

then they can get back to business and do a greatest hits Final Cash Grab Would Tour with her for their fans
I think the same happened to me. I tend to gravitate toward class. Christine has so much of it. Stevie, not so much.
Old 03-13-2017, 12:50 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
I think the same happened to me. I tend to gravitate toward class. Christine has so much of it. Stevie, not so much.
Christine and Lindsey(and the rest of the band....well, John anyway, lol) are relatively normal people.

Stevie has really morphed into a delusional loon. She should take her millions and move high atop a mountain, taking a few of her delusional friends with her, to constantly praise her, for the goddess she believes she is.
Old 03-13-2017, 01:05 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Christine and Lindsey(and the rest of the band....well, John anyway, lol) are relatively normal people.

Stevie has really morphed into a delusional loon. She should take her millions and move high atop a mountain, taking a few of her delusional friends with her, to constantly praise her, for the goddess she believes she is.
The morphing of Stevie happened many years ago around the time that major stardom hit.

Old 03-13-2017, 01:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BombaySapphire3 View Post
The morphing of Stevie happened many years ago around the time that major stardom hit.
It seems to get worse.
Old 03-13-2017, 01:45 PM
Addicted Ledgie

The anger and true hate on this board for Stevie is incredible. It's like, political-level abhorrence. Crazy.
Old 03-13-2017, 01:49 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Yes, I was perturbed with them and had lost faith that they would act. If they were struggling financially (and Mick may be, but the others shouldn't be), I could understand it, but they aren't. You banked your tour money. Your heirs are secure. Now, just put the music out, if you're artists.

Michele