The Ledge

Go Back   The Ledge > Main Forums > Rumours
User Name
Password
Register FAQ Members List Calendar

Make the Ads Go Away! Click here.

Old 12-09-2013, 07:32 PM
Addicted Ledgie

My dad wore caps just about everyday of his adult life. He still had thick black/gray hair the day he died at age 49.
I think it's genetics more than the hats.
Old 12-09-2013, 07:39 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiliD View Post
Well, if baseball players are any reference, most of them are bald, balding or have a definite "friar's patch" on the back of their head, depending on how long they've played the game.

Same is true for cowboys & country singers who wear hats constantly.

Main reason why I RARELY wear a hat. EVER. (I don't even use the hood of my hoodies, either)
It's not true, boys. I never wore a hat, until the damage was done! So quit blamin' the hat!
Old 12-09-2013, 11:16 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'msoAfraid95 View Post
My dad wore caps just about everyday of his adult life. He still had thick black/gray hair the day he died at age 49.
I think it's genetics more than the hats.
I agree that it's mainly genetics. I just think the friction of having a cap rub against your scalp on an almost daily basis might accelerate the hair loss, if you are prone to suffer it in the first place.

Now, what about gray hair? I think I have seen both John and Lindsey's get suspiciously darker in the past, but I haven't caught Mick coloring his hair. Maybe I just didn't notice.

Michele
Old 12-10-2013, 01:27 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsey looks great with his hair.It could be alot of different things that cause hair loss.Stress,medication,eating habits and other including what was mentioned here.

Stevie loves to wear hats.I dont know about Christine.

My dad always wear hats and he was thinning and never turn grey even at 79 when I lost him .

He always wear baseball cap to cover his thinning spot on back of his head and keep the sun out of his eyes. He was buried with his favorite cap which he always had on and it said US Army 101 Airborne veteran on it.

Back on track.I'm not familiar with The Guardian but I'm tired of these papers with their bull crap reporting about people.Today at the check out the Globe I think it was is already predicting which celebs will die soon.Thats terrible .

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 12-10-2013, 08:35 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
Back on track.I'm not familiar with The Guardian but I'm tired of these papers with their bull crap reporting about people.Today at the check out the Globe I think it was is already predicting which celebs will die soon.Thats terrible .
The Guardian is a reputable broadsheet newspaper here. The only thing it can be properly accused of is a heavy liberal bias in its social and political commentary, for which it is - rightly, in my view - totally unapologetic.
Old 12-10-2013, 11:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulpian View Post
The Guardian is a reputable broadsheet newspaper here. The only thing it can be properly accused of is a heavy liberal bias in its social and political commentary, for which it is - rightly, in my view - totally unapologetic.
Yes that's a good description. I like the Guardian, not that I read it very often.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Macfanforever View Post
We have plenty of those papers and magazines too! Full of crappy celebrity gossip
Old 12-10-2013, 11:37 AM

Quote:
I tend to like the Guardian.
Old 12-10-2013, 12:25 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoonSister75 View Post
Yes that's a good description. I like the Guardian, not that I read it very often.

We have plenty of those papers and magazines too! Full of crappy celebrity gossip
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrownsjr View Post
I tend to like the Guardian.
Thanks guys.I wasn't sure about the Guardian.

I remember years back one of the papers here in the states mentioned that FM was going to hit the road before it surfaced anywhere else.To come to think about it I think it was the National Enquirer would you believe.

They were actually right and true for once.

Stevie fan forever and ever amen.......
the Wildheart at Edge of Seventeen and the Gypsy.....

My sweet Buttons .I love you. RIP 2009 to 08/24/2016
Old 12-10-2013, 11:55 PM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil View Post
With regard to Stevie's perceived ego, I never considered it to be out of control in the past, but these days it seems to be off the Richter scale. This realisation has been difficult for me to accept because previously, I idolised the woman. I still retain a profound regard for her body of work up until 1990 and various output since, but the sense of self-importance that has become so evident during interviews in recent years has left me cold. I'm not sure if this inflation of ego has been in response to what she considers the mistreatment and disrespect afforded to her in the past by band members, producers and critics, but whatever it might be, she is no longer a person I would care to know.
I couldn't have said it better myself.She was just plain sarcastic when she said Chris "doesn't have to be invited back because she is the Mac-y'know-MAC-vie".First of all she isn't the MAC-John is.Chris only got the MAC through marriage.Her personality totally changed-maybe she's hanging with Lindsey too much.Or,as far fetched as this sounds,maybe her mom kept her in check and told her to wise up when her attitude needed adjusting.But now that her mom is gone,maybe she needs someone to mentally kick her butt.Let me at her......
Old 12-11-2013, 12:34 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by teedeerocks View Post
I couldn't have said it better myself.She was just plain sarcastic when she said Chris "doesn't have to be invited back because she is the Mac-y'know-MAC-vie".First of all she isn't the MAC-John is.Chris only got the MAC through marriage.Her personality totally changed-maybe she's hanging with Lindsey too much.Or,as far fetched as this sounds,maybe her mom kept her in check and told her to wise up when her attitude needed adjusting.But now that her mom is gone,maybe she needs someone to mentally kick her butt.Let me at her......
Maybe Christine was the one kerping her in check.

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-11-2013, 12:41 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Lindsey should dye his hair...just sayin
Old 12-11-2013, 12:58 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by secondhandchain View Post
Lindsey should dye his hair...just sayin

THE Stephen Hopkins
Old 12-11-2013, 02:01 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Even though he's still skinny and athletic looking, Linds is aging pretty hard. Hairline is running away in the front, and the wrinkles are catching him in the race.
Old 12-11-2013, 02:15 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by HomerMcvie View Post
Even though he's still skinny and athletic looking, Linds is aging pretty hard. Hairline is running away in the front, and the wrinkles are catching him in the race.
Well geez, the guy qualifies for social security, I mean come on.....
Old 12-11-2013, 03:11 AM
Addicted Ledgie

Quote:
Originally Posted by bombaysaffires View Post
Well geez, the guy qualifies for social security, I mean come on.....
I KNOW! And it sucks! How can my "heroes" be approaching "hard to find" statuses, with cemetery addresses?

~As I listen to a Bank of America commercial(while typing this), with Never Going Back Again, playing.~